News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
Eh, yes and no... you have to "go through" security at each resort entrance, no....?
Too soon...

You don’t go through any security check entering a resort. ( You do at DLP for one at least).

You can get to the Skyliner without going through security.

Kobe!!

You don’t go through any security check entering a resort. ( You do at DLP for one at least).

You can get to the Skyliner without going through security.
I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure where all the skyliner entrances/exits are at. I just figured Disney would look at it and say if they "passed by" security it would count. I'm sure security points will be coming soon...?

TrainsOfDisney

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure where all the skyliner entrances/exits are at. I just figured Disney would look at it and say if they "passed by" security it would count. I'm sure security points will be coming soon...?

The “Disney Security Bubble” is when you pass through a bag check / security check like when you enter the parks, enter the TTC, and board monorails from the monorail resorts.

nickys

Premium Member

What do you mean “it would count”? Count for what? I don’t understand what passing through security has to do with the Skyliner. Do you mean do temperature scans or what?

But the Skyliner stations are:

DHS - outside park
Epcot International Gateway - outside park
CBR Resort
Riviera Resort
Between POP & AoA Resort.

Thee is no security check to enter a resort, nor to board the Skyliner. If you exit the Skyliner to visit DHS or Epcot, you pass through security after you exit the Skyliner station.

The security checks for the monorail are before boarding, to minimise the queues at the park entrances.

Captain Neo

They do for Alligators, The brain eating bacteria that's pretty prevalent on their property, annnnnnnnnddddddd mosquito carried diseases.

It's not a big stretch...

If you don't know the difference between those examples and COVID then I'm ending the conversation here.

ImperfectPixie

After guests exit a skyliner car, instead of new guests entering, a CM sprays the car. The car is empty until it reaches the next station. That few minutes should be enough time for the disenfectant to do it's thing.
I'm not sure if it's known to kill SARS-CoV-2, but there is a disinfectant that's long been used in the restoration industry (urine, feces, blood) that continuously kills germs for, I think, 24 hours. The company my husband works for has both a flooring business and a restoration business, and my husband first worked for the restoration side ~15 years ago. This product has been being used by them since before then, and just recently (after the pandemic started) began advertising to the general public. It's called Microban.

Kamikaze

I'm not sure if it's known to kill SARS-CoV-2, but there is a disinfectant that's long been used in the restoration industry (urine, feces, blood) that continuously kills germs for, I think, 24 hours. The company my husband works for has both a flooring business and a restoration business, and my husband first worked for the restoration side ~15 years ago. This product has been being used by them since before then, and just recently (after the pandemic started) began advertising to the general public. It's called Microban.

Yes, Microban does work.

You can't get it anywhere right now.

It's self explanatory and also lewisc's explanation.

Not really 'self explanatory'. If you had said 'at half capacity' then that might have been a little clearer, but it needed the explanation of why exactly you wanted it run that way.

Kamikaze

That is NOT good...hubby's company is planning on doing a lot of over-night cleaning to get business going again.

They can certainly clean without it. There are plenty of other agents that can do the job. The idea behind Microban is that its something that you have done every single day/night so the 24 hour period is basically continuous. A place thats doing a one time cleaning isn't a good candidate for using it, because theres no difference between 24 hours and just killing it instantly unless you're doing another cleaning 24 hours later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom