What's Still On and What's Now Off

techgeek

Agreed. A few passholders within driving distance may be interested in staying at a mk resort for a good deal. But the appeal would be more of the resort than a half-closed magic kingdom park.

But.... if it gets the resort up and running again that’s a first step.

Question about the resort experience, especially heading into the summer months... Are the pools open? Socially distanced lap swimming only?

Because hanging at the pool is pretty much the whole point of a resort hotel in Florida in July.

ToTBellHop

Question about the resort experience, especially heading into the summer months... Are the pools open? Socially distanced lap swimming only?

Because hanging at the pool is pretty much the whole point of a resort hotel in Florida in July.
I’m unaware of any suggestion that it spreads in water. Socially-distant swimming could work. Thank goodness they already have gates to regulate capacity.

Lilofan

Ponchos...

Also, how many thousands are you thinking?
Been to the parks many times during the rainy / lighting summer season. Ponchos or not herd of guests will crowd into above areas mentioned. That is a fact. A cast member will not be able to control that. Wearing a poncho or not in the open area during frequent lighting strikes? That's an accident or death waiting to happen.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Any idea if this includes WL? I might move my Sept reservation if so...

Great question, but I don't have info on that or Shades of Green.

If I'm reading correctly, if that "reopening plan" is true, MK would be able to open just some rides and a few QSR locations? So basically people will pay money to go to MK that's not even half open, with lots of restrictions as well? Maybe they will, who knows.

The are tons of people who view Disney World as their paradise. The pricing is what I'm interested to see how they handle. I've got no info there.

I'll let you know if I find out.

ToTBellHop

Been to the parks many times during the rainy / lighting summer season. Ponchos or not herd of guests will crowd into above areas mentioned. That is a fact. A cast member will not be able to control that. Wearing a poncho or not in the open area during frequent lighting strikes? That's an accident waiting to happen.
I think there is going to be a rather steep learning curve as society adapts to the new normal. People will get used to not congregating ANYWHERE. Those who would rather avoid that should delay to next summer.

Lilofan

I think there is going to be a rather steep learning curve as society adapts to the new normal. People will get used to not congregating ANYWHERE. Those who would rather avoid that should delay to next summer.
If you have any pointers to share if herds of guests are going to crowd into the bathrooms, dining areas, gifts shops, attractions during the frequent lighting / rains during the summer, please share your tips where to seek safe shelter if it was you and your family since you advised people can't congregate ANYWHERE.

ToTBellHop

If you have any pointers to share if herds of guests are going to crowd into the bathrooms, dining areas, gifts shops, attractions during the frequent lighting / rains during the summer, please share your tips since you advised people can't congregate ANYWHERE.
Same things they’ll do during a pop-up thunderstorm when waiting to enter a capacity-controlled Wal-Mart or Publix.

Touchdown

I don’t doubt they are kicking this plan around, it seems like it was dreamed up by a bunch of managers and lawyers.

I just don’t see how they find the sweet spot that people are going to assume the risk, accept the severe lack of features, and pay enough that Disney can make a profit, I just don’t.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom