New line etiquette?

Nottamus

That first time in a packed line...using all available space in front of me......then someone behind me sneezes or coughs on me uncovered ...yeah.

Going to be noticing that more I’m sure.

The Empress Lilly

Morning all
We have a trip fully paid for beginning of July, for the reasons about my wife does not want to return to the parks so soon if they are open and if flight are available, the problem we have is if open and flights are going from the uk l dont think our insurance will cover us for cancelling just because we dont want to go ?
I would ask your insurer / airline rather than us.

disney4life2008

Honestly, anyone who shows up on day 1 of the reopening is not concerned about the virus anyway, and will be standing on your heals until you let them pass. My guess is lines will look like normal from day 1 of reopening because those individuals don't care which is their prerogative. This is the point of another thread I started. My suggestion is if personal space and COVID are a concern to you, you shouldn't return to the parks until later this year and we see if outbreaks reoccur due to the reopening of everything. JMO

You can bet all the pathetic bloggers are already planning to be the first. Yep I said it.

kimberlymautz

Morning all
We have a trip fully paid for beginning of July, for the reasons about my wife does not want to return to the parks so soon if they are open and if flight are available, the problem we have is if open and flights are going from the uk l dont think our insurance will cover us for cancelling just because we dont want to go ?

You should definitely contact whoever you booked your trip through. Because the parks are closed until further notice they may allow the cancellation. If not, they should let you reschedule for another time.

RobWDW1971

You should definitely contact whoever you booked your trip through. Because the parks are closed until further notice they may allow the cancellation. If not, they should let you reschedule for another time.
If the parks were open today in the height of the crisis, they would be packed. We have real life data to base this on - the parks were packed AFTER the announcement that would be closing due to the virus. There will obviously be a ramp up period of people booking their vacations, hotel rooms, etc. but the parks will not be empty. DL especially will be busy as being a locals park, it won't need the ramp up time.

NickMaio

I wonder if in X months when Disney opens, if they will change "please use all available space" to "please stay 6 feet behind the party ahead of you?" I'm always annoyed at people stepping on my heels and yelling at me to move up for leaving space in front of me.
It would be neigh impossible. Given the people and space.
The only way they could do this would be to limit the capacity in the parks to half.
That would be nice🙄

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
If the parks were open today in the height of the crisis, they would be packed. We have real life data to base this on - the parks were packed AFTER the announcement that would be closing due to the virus. There will obviously be a ramp up period of people booking their vacations, hotel rooms, etc. but the parks will not be empty. DL especially will be busy as being a locals park, it won't need the ramp up time.
You may be right, but that seems long ago. You don’t think are taking this more seriously now? I feel like attendance will take a hit for a while. I’m really not sure though. Surreal time.

RobWDW1971

You may be right, but that seems long ago. You don’t think are taking this more seriously now? I feel like attendance will take a hit for a while. I’m really not sure though. Surreal time.
Give people another month of this and they will be going stir crazy - shutting down the beaches, trails, walking promenades, etc. is going to dramatically increase the cabin fever. Nobody knows for sure, but I do not believe people will avoid the parks in huge numbers. If the world is open - basketball games, baseball games, movie theaters, restaurants, bars, etc., the parks will be crowded.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom