FP's gone at 60 day window??

deeevo

Original Poster
I just went on at 7AM this morning to book my FP for my vacation starting May 28th since my 60 day window opened this morning and there are no
good FP left at all. No MRRR, Test Track, BTM, PP, Slinky, Frozen...even Poo and Mickey are gone. There is nothing. Is there another window opened before 60 days that people have scoop them up? I know I have done this before and was able to get a lot of good FP at 60 days. What am I missing?

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I think a lot of people have rebooked vacations that were postponed. Also, many DVC members could be walking reservations in anticipation of the parks reopening.

Hcalvert

I just went on at 7AM this morning to book my FP for my vacation starting May 28th since my 60 day window opened this morning and there are no
good FP left at all. No MRRR, Test Track, BTM, PP, Slinky, Frozen...even Poo and Mickey are gone. There is nothing. Is there another window opened before 60 days that people have scoop them up? I know I have done this before and was able to get a lot of good FP at 60 days. What am I missing?
How long is your trip? I found that with my shorter trip in January (five days) I had a more difficult time getting the FPs I wanted when I wanted them (i.e. FOP and the DHS rides--especially with the old tiers). My June trip is 14 days, so I am hoping I will be able to get some that I want at least later in the trip.

deeevo

Original Poster
How long is your trip? I found that with my shorter trip in January (five days) I had a more difficult time getting the FPs I wanted when I wanted them (i.e. FOP and the DHS rides--especially with the old tiers). My June trip is 14 days, so I am hoping I will be able to get some that I want at least later in the trip.
Staying 4 nights and I was refreshing right at 7am and there was nothing worth booking. I have never seen that before.

nickys

Premium Member

Was this for your whole trip? Or just the May dates?

Given that they’ve just announced a deal for those rebooking to get free dining for stays starting June 1st, it’s possible they’ve disabled FP bookimg until June 1st. I’ve seen people posting they couldn’t get any at DHS for late May but they opened up on June 1st.

But also, I imagine a lot of people rebooked from March to May / June . So if they are arriving just before you they will have a head start.

deeevo

Original Poster
Was this for your whole trip? Or just the May dates?

Given that they’ve just announced a deal for those rebooking to get free dining for stays starting June 1st, it’s possible they’ve disabled FP bookimg until June 1st. I’ve seen people posting they couldn’t get any at DHS for late May but they opened up on June 1st.

But also, I imagine a lot of people rebooked from March to May / June . So if they are arriving just before you they will have a head start.
I think that might be it. People who had to rebook scooped them up. No big deal. Thanks for this input.

Hcalvert

I just looked into it and tried to look up availability for May 28 until the start of my trip and there isn't any at all until June 1. I am thinking they are letting people who already have reservations book their FPs probably from June 1.

justintheharris

I think it's the fact everything is disabled for reservations until June 1st.

In regards to rebookings, I have a feeling most people cancelled rather than simply rebooked. That's with consideration to the fact the economy is about to take a downward turn and people think their couple grand spent at Disney may not be worth it in the long run. But then again, never underestimate the love some have for Disney.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Looks like they've just disabled everything for now until May 31st.
You can't even book an ADR until May 31st.
Did you try to book FP on May 31st or June 1st?

Hcalvert

I think it's the fact everything is disabled for reservations until June 1st.

In regards to rebookings, I have a feeling most people cancelled rather than simply rebooked. That's with consideration to the fact the economy is about to take a downward turn and people think their couple grand spent at Disney may not be worth it in the long run. But then again, never underestimate the love some have for Disney.
My June trip was scheduled since last July at the 11 month mark for DVC. Now, my July trip is a reschedule from the cancelled March trip. I am not banking on anything from the government and these trips have been paid for since original booking. I am thinking most people who rented DVC points are in that position---having to rebook or lose the money.

Gillyanne

I saw the same looking at 30 day (booking JIC as we haven't cancelled anything) Granted I can never get any of the high demand stuff (SDMT, SDD, etc) when I went on today things looked scarce, I think 3 things at HS, and most of the "don't really need them" for MK. Yesterday I looked at Epcot and basically had my pick of times for Frozen or Soarin' (the little opted for Soarin') Yesterday I remembered to look by 8 or so, today I forgot until 10, there were only 3 times, late evening for HM, no BTMR, I usually don't have a problem getting BTMR. I'm starting to wonder that while still allowing FP+ to be booked, if they've lowered the quantity based on what they may reduce at the park..

dr_seeker

Yeah, there's something up with MDE at the moment. On May 31st the only restaurant open for dinner reservations is Ravello at the Four Seasons. Moving over to June 1st, there are multiple slots open for Be Our Guest, California Grill, Homecomin', Le Cellier, Sci-Fi, etc.

FettFan

Personally I wish Disney would stop it with the 60 day reservations. Make it so that you had to actually be ON PROPERTY to get fastpasses, like they do with Boarding Pass at Star Wars Great Escape.

deeevo

Original Poster
Looks like they've just disabled everything for now until May 31st.
You can't even book an ADR until May 31st.
Did you try to book FP on May 31st or June 1st?
Unfortunately we are Silver AP's and June 1st starts our blackout. This trip from May 28th to June 1st because the 28th was the last day of school and we are blacked out on the 1st when we go home. We would probably have to cancel unless Disney says they are opening summer for Silver and Bronze AP's. We shall see.

Jon81uk

Personally I wish Disney would stop it with the 60 day reservations. Make it so that you had to actually be ON PROPERTY to get fastpasses, like they do with Boarding Pass at Star Wars Great Escape.

Well that was how it was six years ago with regular FastPass (and is still how Disneyland operates). But I don't see them turning back and getting rid of FP+. I would be quite happy for everything to have shorter booking windows though and dining move away from 180 days.

007mickey

Same problem for me this morning. All headliners blocked out (MK & EPCOT) for May 30 & 31. Everything fine from June 1 and after.

Hcalvert

I made my fastpasses today for my June trip. It wasn't until around June 8 that picks were widely available for the Tier 1s (FOP, MMRR, Smuggler's, SD, etc.) other than late in the afternoon/evening. Times were available to book them back-to-back and not one in the AM, midday, PM. I did not book any Epcot FPs by choice. I have June 16-18 to book yet. It was bittersweet as this trip might not happen regardless and it was hard to get excited about getting some good picks due to the uncertainty of it all looming over me.

Last edited:

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
I booked mine yesterday and had no issues. The only one that wasn't available was Big Thunder. Our trip is June 1-8

nickys

Premium Member
I booked mine yesterday and had no issues. The only one that wasn't available was Big Thunder. Our trip is June 1-8

Since all construction work has stopped, the refurb of Big Thunder might over-run. At this point they might not want to guess at whether it’ll be completed before the parks re-open (whenever that turns out to be).

Hcalvert

Since all construction work has stopped, the refurb of Big Thunder might over-run. At this point they might not want to guess at whether it’ll be completed before the parks re-open (whenever that turns out to be).
I booked Big Thunder on June 7, 9, 11, and 14 in the AM with no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom