April trips canceled by Disney?

Miss Bella

Over in the thread about CV, the point is made over and over and over again, it's about flattening the curve otherwise when the time comes for someone in your family who needs a respirator and there are none left, you'll be hopping mad that they didn't keep the lock down going on longer.

Once we get past the hump where the health system isn't overwhelmed, we can go about our businesses.
Is the health system overwhelmed? Is there a shortage of ventilators?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. We own. We will see when we get to the 25th. I'm working around the clock, if they keep knocking guys off I may mandatory overtime
That is EXACTLY what governor spineless complained about today to get this localized “travel advisory”

As if nobody knew people from the northeast would head to florida...who knew? 🙄

I can walk to Pa From where I live...and I can’t believe the Commonwealth won’t be added to this - such that it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is the health system overwhelmed? Is there a shortage of ventilators?
Ahead of the health officials predicted timelines?

No...and we hope enough gets pulled together to have this not happen.

There seems to be a lot of misconception that March is the “ground zero” month...the prediction was and still is April.

Here’s to hoping it’s not as bad as modeled.

Miss Bella

Ahead of the health officials predicted timelines?

No...and we hope enough gets pulled together to have this not happen.

There seems to be a lot of misconception that March is the “ground zero” month...the prediction was and still is April.

Here’s to hoping it’s not as bad as modeled.
I work in a hospital one of the largest cities in the country. All our hospitals at 70% or lower capacity when usually we are at 110% capacity this time of year. I'm a bit skeptical of what I see on the news. Considering how the media and government lie to us over and over again I think I'm entitled to be skeptical. I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes and that may never happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I work in a hospital one of the largest cities in the country. All our hospitals at 70% or lower capacity when usually we are at 110% capacity this time of year. I'm a bit skeptical of what I see on the news. Considering how the media and government lie to us over and over again I think I'm entitled to be skeptical. I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes and that may never happen.
I’m not one for conspiracy theories these days. There are events and details...and there is competency and incompetency.

Until we hit memorial day I’ll leave it at that.

Which city?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Does your news not report what is happening in China, Italy, Spain, NYC, and Washington?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does your news not report what is happening in China, Italy, Spain, NYC, and Washington?
You could always watch the video or look at the pictures from the UK of 8000 hospital beds being currently installed by the government and the army in 3 convention centres in London, Birmingham and Manchester that will be ready to cope when the existing hospitals can’t.

Infact, here’s one courtesy of Sky News:

7D3700E1-315B-45D7-84F7-2744AB55BA53.jpeg

looks real to me. I wish it wasn’t.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You could always watch the video or look at the pictures from the UK of 8000 hospital beds being currently installed by the government and the army in 3 convention centres in London, Birmingham and Manchester that will be ready to cope when the existing hospitals can’t.

Infact, here’s one courtesy of Sky News:

View attachment 459329
looks real to me. I wish it wasn’t.

...we’re doing the same thing in major cities here.

I noticed he/she didn’t respond to my question about where they were...which would have explained a lot.

Lilofan

If your hospitals have any ventilators not in use, NYC and New Orleans who have not reached their peak can surely use it. And that's NO LIE.

ExMonorailCM

What is your role in the hospital? Doesn't sound like you're in medicine. I have friends who are nurses who are reusing masks. Doctors are saying they don't have the proper PPE or enough of it. If you work in a hospital, you of all people should know better. The rate it's spreading will overwhelm the hospitals; THAT'S the issue. It's not about the capacity right now, but what it will be at in a month. The rate it's spreading must be slowed, which is why the majority of the country is shutting down.

Ripken10

What is your role in the hospital? Doesn't sound like you're in medicine. I have friends who are nurses who are reusing masks. Doctors are saying they don't have the proper PPE or enough of it. If you work in a hospital, you of all people should know better. The rate it's spreading will overwhelm the hospitals; THAT'S the issue. It's not about the capacity right now, but what it will be at in a month. The rate it's spreading must be slowed, which is why the majority of the country is shutting down.
YOu are both right. It depends on what area you live in. I too know people in the medical field that are seeing varying results. Some hospitals are less crowded than usual. One such friend told me they are seeing a lot less reports of medical attention because people are afraid to go to hospitals. In areas that are seeing smaller outbreaks (which currently is most of the country, there is only a few areas whose hospitals are currently overwhelmed) they are seeing hospitals that are much less crowded than usual. (A caveat - imagine the huge increase in most hospitals across the country in 9 months too).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
YOu are both right. It depends on what area you live in. I too know people in the medical field that are seeing varying results. Some hospitals are less crowded than usual. One such friend told me they are seeing a lot less reports of medical attention because people are afraid to go to hospitals. In areas that are seeing smaller outbreaks (which currently is most of the country, there is only a few areas whose hospitals are currently overwhelmed) they are seeing hospitals that are much less crowded than usual. (A caveat - imagine the huge increase in most hospitals across the country in 9 months too).
If people are following instructions - some hospitals SHOULD be less crowded...right now.

But it’s “cognitive disconnect”...bordering on outright stupidity...to connect that with the warnings and medical precautions being inappropriate.

I think that’s what that enlightened soul was trying to infer.

They are not alone - sadly. We are seeing the differences between the “two americas” showing more and more each day. That phrase just means something different now.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Walt Disney World now accepting reservations from June 1 and later and offers Free Dining Plan
Under the usual stipulations? I.e. full price room and tickets?

That’s a nice opening offer - but isn’t gonna cut it. Seems like they forget the recession in the short term to try and do a fast restart it. I get it...and it may work...but it’s a stopgap for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom