Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMetroid567

I really don't know what the people crying about the economy think we should do. Go ahead and whine about the media. Cry about how it's China's fault. Cry about how stupidity and panic has gotten to us.

But do you have a real solution that will address any of what you cry about? You gonna force people outside when they know that other nations wouldn't even allow it? If we force the economy back open, is it even economically viable to reopen WDW and DL?

Incomudro

Strangers come up and touch your childs hands??! I would lose all chill.

When my sons were baby's (they were born two months premature) and my wife and I would take them out in the stroller for a walk, sometimes total strangers would stick their faces in the stroller and/or touch our sons.
Drove my wife crazy.
My wife is an RN, and usually as well as currently works as a director of nursing for assisted living facilities.
It was my relationship with my wife and our sons being born premature that changed so much of the way I used to be.

Last edited:

21stamps

😂😂😂

89551F09-1082-4316-8C29-7F744C8F7083.jpeg

Flynnwriter

So much misinformation. The corona virus is not the flu, or any other existing virus. It is a new and unique virus born in China as a result of combing human cooking and living areas with rare and exotic animals that safely harbor their own, and unique viruses and bacteria. When we mix, meaning eat, these animals there is always the chance that a rare virus transfers into the human population as never before. It is simply grouped into the “corona” group for its unique protein structure. There is no current food, drug or over the counter medication that’s been proven to stop the virus as it exsists today. Luckily, it is remaining stable and not transforming or altering its structure currently - aiding researchers looking for a treatment or working on a vaccination.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My husband just tried to login the hub. The page doesn’t exist any more. I’m officially FREAKING out
Omg it’s back.o_Oo_O
My guess is thousands of your co-workers are all logging in as well looking for info. Come on Chappie out with it already :) I get that corporations have policies and procedures to follow but this delay of an announcement is bordering on just plain mean.

donsullivan

Premium Member
My guess is thousands of your co-workers are all logging in as well looking for info. Come on Chappie out with it already :) I get that corporations have policies and procedures to follow but this delay of an announcement is bordering on just plain mean.

So people are dying by the hundreds and you're choosing to complain that you don't have an update on when Disney will open their Theme Parks? Might be time to adjust your priorities.

DisneyCane

So much misinformation. The corona virus is not the flu, or any other existing virus. It is a new and unique virus born in China as a result of combing human cooking and living areas with rare and exotic animals that safely harbor their own, and unique viruses and bacteria. When we mix, meaning eat, these animals there is always the chance that a rare virus transfers into the human population as never before. It is simply grouped into the “corona” group for its unique protein structure. There is no current food, drug or over the counter medication that’s been proven to stop the virus as it exsists today. Luckily, it is remaining stable and not transforming or altering its structure currently - aiding researchers looking for a treatment or working on a vaccination.

Where are you reading this misinformation? I haven't noticed anybody in this thread say that SARS-CoV-2 (the specific coronavirus) WAS the flu or any other virus. The comparisons to the flu have been in number of cases and deaths and comparing (or trying to) the mortality rates.

I don't think the research says the species jump comes from eating the meat of the wild animals (bats aren't particularly rare or exotic). I think it's more from the unsanitary conditions. My thought is that when you have bat blood spraying around and puddling on the ground mixed with who knows what else, it presents an opportunity for something that has infected the bat to be aerosolized and inhaled by a human. A stroke of bad luck virus mutation that allows it to infect human cells and you have a novel virus. Proper sanitary handling and cooking of these meats would likely prevent this from happening.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I think this is employees trying to get information from The Hub.
We and the employees know the parks are not re-opening on the 1st, the statutes passed by both counties with jurisdiction over WDW have explicitly banned the operation of Theme Parks. I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We and the employees know the parks are not re-opening on the 1st, the statutes passed by both counties with jurisdiction over WDW have explicitly banned the operation of Theme Parks. I'm not sure where the disconnect is.
Disney hasn't said whether CMs will be paid beyond the end of March. Universal already extended their shut down with pay, many people waiting for Disney to announce something one way or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom