Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwink

Sorry to hear about your husband. :(

I think the bill is trying to prevent giving people too much money, who don’t earn that amount anyway.. something like that could very well have such people staying on unemployment too long.

I had to quote your section above.. what new reports are you talking about?
I've seen some that some younger children were in the hospital and did a teen die? I think a teen died...or he's critical. I can try to find a link...are we allowed to post links here?

ELG13

I've seen some that some younger children were in the hospital and did a teen die? I think a teen died...or he's critical. I can try to find a link...are we allowed to post links here?
Are you thinking of the minor under 18 that died in Cali?

Josh Hendy

Q
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...e-already-infected-half-of-uk-study-says/amp/
So according to an Oxford study, HALF of the UK might already have the Coronavirus! That’s insanely GOOD news because it would mean that only 1/1000 require hospitalization.
Not trying to squelch your hope or optimism, but a lot of caution is indicated.

What if 1/1000 need ICU care but there are beds for only 1 in 2000 people.

And are all these millions of people who have Covid guaranteed to never get sick from it? Is the incubation period short, long or unpredictable? Are asymptomatic carriers contagious and therefore dangerous to others? For example to the 1/2 of the population who do not have it.

21stamps

Wanted to share with parents here.

Looking at last week, and the weekend.. was absolutely disgusting to me. I have never seen (nor allowed) this much time on the Switch since we’ve owned the device (shortly after it first released).
C8CAC189-5CF9-4716-89DA-6F45A4EA0CA5.jpeg

I put a stop to it by coming up with daily entertainment choices. Chalk drawing on driveway, LEGO creations, home science experiments, etc etc.. on top of workouts and sports practice.. here’s where we are this week-

ABBB5819-0FEE-482D-B8BE-45B4E49CAFF1.png

Much better. He’s back to a 1 hour limit either way though. I can’t see those crazy amounts again.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Finally, I have caught up. And I have no idea how many posts in the last 500+ page @The Mom cleaned up. And I am sure while I am typing this, I will suddenly be behind another 10 pages.

To everyone, be well. Stay healthy. And be kind to each other and the knuckleheads, too.

Thankfully, the knuckleheads from the thread's early days are no longer here. Well, for the most part. Sadly, knuckleheads like me still remain (for now). Also, let's lift a glass to the knuckleheads who joined us more recently.

Last edited:

durangojim

Just heard that the number of people who actually have the Coronavirus could be orders of magnitude more than what is confirmed. This means that the death rate could be lower than reported. No one knows how many people actually have it. But we do know that it’s more than what’s confirmed. Furthermore, it is not mutating rapidly.
I am not saying this to be a smartass but as a physician. At this point paying attention to the number of infected is not the most important part, it's paying attention to how many have died. That will be the indicator of how well your health systems are working to fight this.

Calmdownnow

I put a stop to it by coming up with daily entertainment choices. Chalk drawing on driveway, LEGO creations, home science experiments, etc etc.. on top of workouts and sports practice..
Meanwhile in dear old England...the two kids in the house that backs on to my garden have been spending 2 hours poer day on a trampoline in their yard. They will have thigh muscles like professional football players by the end of the lock-down. Unfortunately, the springs are somewhat rusty after the winter so there is a a constant repetitive creak that is like water torture to the rest of the neighborhood. My son, who lacks patience, is threatening to creep through the hedge with a sharp knife at dead of night. I'm much more passive aggressive so have contemplated ordering a lubricant over Amazon and having it delivered to their address.

On a more positive home schooling front, I can at least report that, having spent the first day running around the garden pretending to be a fire engine ("ner nah, ner nah etc", the five year old next door has progressed to spelling and has been repeatedly heard saying "N O spells No" when her father gives her an instruction to calm down.

wishiwere@wdw

Just to add some perspective (partly because I’m starting to somewhat freak out) to help some folks understand where many of us are coming from, I for instance work on a base/commission split. What I do for a living isn’t important because what matters is that nobody is buying anything right now. All projects are on hold and therefore, nearly zero revenue. I’m extremely grateful and thankful for having a job (for now) but in my 15 years in this type of role there has never once been a time of zero revenue in my territory. Therefore, I’m making squat right now. Guess what??? My bills didn’t go down. My four kids still need to eat. Car payment and mortgage still need to be paid. It sucks. I get it. But it doesn’t change the fact that just because I made too much last year to qualify shouldn’t equate to not needing help now. Someone somewhere else already commented that folks like us should have been prepared. Guess what.... we were! And it’s running us dry. VERY quickly I might add. So many of my close friends, neighbors and family are dealing with unemployment and I want them to have the help as well. I just have this feeling that it’s going to be impossible to do this in a fair way and then we’re made to feel like evil selfish people for feeling that way. Sorry for venting but we all have different stories and scenarios at play.

ELG13

Wanted to share with parents here.

Looking at last week, and the weekend.. was absolutely disgusting to me. I have never seen (nor allowed) this much time on the Switch since we’ve owned the device (shortly after it first released).
View attachment 458587

I put a stop to it by coming up with daily entertainment choices. Chalk drawing on driveway, LEGO creations, home science experiments, etc etc.. on top of workouts and sports practice.. here’s where we are this week-

View attachment 458586

Much better. He’s back to a 1 hour limit either way though. I can’t see those crazy amounts again.
We have a switch and I had no idea you could do limits. But I will say you are much better than me lol. Between two kids screen time is out the window but we also have a large yard to play in so....I'm impressed with your commitment to the screen time cause and I salute you!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just to add some perspective (partly because I’m starting to somewhat freak out) to help some folks understand where many of us are coming from, I for instance work on a base/commission split. What I do for a living isn’t important because what matters is that nobody is buying anything right now. All projects are on hold and therefore, nearly zero revenue. I’m extremely grateful and thankful for having a job (for now) but in my 15 years in this type of role there has never once been a time of zero revenue in my territory. Therefore, I’m making squat right now. Guess what??? My bills didn’t go down. My four kids still need to eat. Car payment and mortgage still need to be paid. It sucks. I get it. But it doesn’t change the fact that just because I made too much last year to qualify shouldn’t equate to not needing help now. Someone somewhere else already commented that folks like us should have been prepared. Guess what.... we were! And it’s running us dry. VERY quickly I might add. So many of my close friends, neighbors and family are dealing with unemployment and I want them to have the help as well. I just have this feeling that it’s going to be impossible to do this in a fair way and then we’re made to feel like evil selfish people for feeling that way. Sorry for venting but we all have different stories and scenarios at play.
Your situation is exactly why the money should go to everyone first and then be clawed back based on 2020 earnings when we file tax returns. That was the proposal at one point but didn‘t make the current bill.

ELG13

I think details are getting lost in this 'young' vs 'old' thing...

Young could always get it and be carriers.. it's young people are in better to fight off the disease if they got sick.

But people are mucking this up and acting like "Young people don't get it..." -- They still can get the virus... that's not new
Definitely agree with that. Young people can get it. But they can fight it better and generally don't have such severe symptoms. They can get it, and they can spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom