The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

How responsible I apparently am...

I looked at my bottle of thyroid pills, and there were like six left. I started looking around my room, thinking I had another bottle of pills that I'd mistakenly dropped or left under the bed.

No I didn't.

I looked on the Walgreens app and it's due for a refill.

I am sooooo responsible.

You can still get your refill. Pharmacies are considered Essential

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How responsible I apparently am...

I looked at my bottle of thyroid pills, and there were like six left. I started looking around my room, thinking I had another bottle of pills that I'd mistakenly dropped or left under the bed.

No I didn't.

I looked on the Walgreens app and it's due for a refill.

I am sooooo responsible.

A couple months ago I was running low on a prescription for my glucose test strips so I put an order into Walgreen's and it came back insurance denied. I couldn't understand it and since it is fairly low cost I just asked if I could buy some because I was low. I was able to buy them. A few days later I was looking for something in the bathroom cabinet and I found a Walgreen's bag and what was inside...test strips that I had refilled but had forgotten I had picked up! No wonder insurance didn't cover another refill! I felt like such an airhead.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For those old enough to have been working during the Bush tax cuts-
I received $300. Which I joked about at that time.
Right now though, $300 looks better than the $0 that most of will get from the new government intervention. 🤣🤦‍♀️

I remember getting the money during that time. We got more than $300, and if I'm thinking of the same time as you are I booked an impromptu WDW vacation for a few weeks after we got the check. It was a good trip but we ended up being there during a tropical storm.

John park hopper

Just talked to my sister who lives in S Florida. She lives in a gated community and many of the residents are part time come down in winter and go back north in Feb/March, in the last week she has seen a dramatic increase in license plates from NY(hot bed of virus) in and around where she lives. Voluntary lock down means nothing when people are too stupid and uncaring to know their irresponsible actions can have lethal consequences.

StarWarsGirl

It happens..... I have to be constantly on top of my husbands meds... Since he has 10 of them.
I have six prescription daily meds plus several other emergency asthma meds that are prescription and a prescription migraine med, and then I take two different vitamins (because I'm severely deficient, not because I like to) plus allergy meds. Keeping on them is fun.

This one is particularly fun because some days I take two pills and other days I take one, and they've changed it on me three times since I started on it, so there's no way for me to just mark it on my calendar when it's due, I have to just notice when it's low.

I have a pill box. Makes me feel like an old lady, but anyway...

Rista1313

I have six prescription daily meds plus several other emergency asthma meds that are prescription and a prescription migraine med, and then I take two different vitamins (because I'm severely deficient, not because I like to) plus allergy meds. Keeping on them is fun.

This one is particularly fun because some days I take two pills and other days I take one, and they've changed it on me three times since I started on it, so there's no way for me to just mark it on my calendar when it's due, I have to just notice when it's low.

I have a pill box. Makes me feel like an old lady, but anyway...

Oh yeah.. I fill 3 pill boxes here... one downstairs for his morning pills and 1 upstairs for his evening pills, and 1 upstairs for my evening pills. I know that pain!

21stamps

I remember getting the money during that time. We got more than $300, and if I'm thinking of the same time as you are I booked an impromptu WDW vacation for a few weeks after we got the check. It was a good trip but we ended up being there during a tropical storm.

I went out and bought a new pair of shoes that I had been wanting, but couldn’t justify the money... spent way too much, but told myself it was like getting a huge discount. 🤣

I still have those shoes in my closet, though haven’t worn them in 15 years. Lol

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

I have a Honda . Makes me feel like an old lady, but anyway...
😉

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went out and bought a new pair of shoes that I had been wanting, but couldn’t justify the money... spent way too much, but told myself it was like getting a huge discount. 🤣

I still have those shoes in my closet, though haven’t worn them in 15 years. Lol

I also remember that the travel agency that I booked that trip through went out of business a few months after we took the trip. It was a bit of a shock because they had been in business for over a decade maybe even longer.

SteveBrickNJ

This may interest both teachers and parents on this forum.
We are now being asked as teachers to pivot our online instruction from deepening and enhancing prior learning...to...presenting new content. It will be challenging for everyone. Some will use ZOOM?? Some will use Google Meet? I personally am having my daughter film me teach / present lessons and then I post it on my Youtube Channel.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We are now being asked as teachers to pivot our online instruction from deepening and enhancing prior learning...to...presenting new content. It will be challenging for everyone. Some will use ZOOM?? Some will use Google Meet? I personallu am having my daughter film me teach / present lessons and then I post it on my Youtube Channel.

We are supposed to be preparing lessons with new content as well. I am planning to use google classroom mostly for giving out classwork and sharing slides that I already have with new content. But I am also looking into using hang outs or google meet if students are interested in a group gathering. I might post a video once in awhile too but that would be posted in google classroom. The problem is we have all called parents/students this week about technology and reliable internet and there is a number of students that do not have reliable internet (rural area) so a lot of what we do still needs to be paper based and sent home that way.

Is your district still planning on grading work and having normal grades? Communication on that hasn't been communicated clearly to us. My principal just let us know today that for 3rd quarter all students will be given a passing grade or at least a P for pass no matter what standing they were in before the closure.

Cesar R M

I also remember that the travel agency that I booked that trip through went out of business a few months after we took the trip. It was a bit of a shock because they had been in business for over a decade maybe even longer.
I've seen this happen a lot now that the giant corporations like trivago, despegar, booking, etc.. are taking over everything.
Even bigger conglomerates are buying many smaller companies and consolidating.

21stamps

We are now being asked as teachers to pivot our online instruction from deepening and enhancing prior learning...to...presenting new content. It will be challenging for everyone. Some will use ZOOM?? Some will use Google Meet? I personallu am having my daughter film me teach / present lessons and then I post it on my Youtube Channel.

We’ve been doing new material, along with what they were currently working on, ever since the closure. The first week was basically lesson plans given to the parents to teach, then written work and quizzes to be scanned and sent in.
This week we have started Google Classroom and Zoom, which has made things A LOT easier on parents, but still a ton of work for us and the kids.
I’m not a 4th grade Science, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, Art, PE, Music, Spanish teacher, but I had to become one overnight (as did parents across America). Half of the time (or more than half) I’m using the assistance of YouTube and google after T goes to sleep, so I can relearn some of this stuff myself, prior to the next days lessons and assignments. We receive the next day’s itinerary by 7pm the night before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom