Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELG13

Today I saw a bunch of parents take their kids to a moon bounce birthday party.

I really feel like that kind of behavior is not helping things.

We need to do like Ireland who closed all pubs and parties:
On one of the mom groups for the city I follow, they posted the school closures. Later that night, after the school closures were old news someone asked if anyone knew if the trampoline park would be open next week for spring break. At first I thought she was joking but nope, dead serious. We went out to the beach today. It was gorgeous. We use sunpass for tolls and there were no people for atleast 100yds on each side of us. I feel like we "got out of the house" safely. Why anyone would want to take their kids to a place that is germ infested on a good day, much less during a time like now just proves the point that some people just don't get it. I live in the south (it's Florida but often called lower Alabama) and people still think it's dumb. They compare coronavirus deaths so far to the entire flu season. They think it's all politics. And not because they like Trump, but because they think all government is bad .

GoofGoof

Premium Member
New Rochelle, NY that is hit with covid-19 stated that cars wait in line all day and can drive thru test up to 200 people a day. I think the weather is still cold in NY.
The one in Delaware did 556 tests in about 4 hours. That’s more than PA has done since this all started.

ELG13

Our city also just announced they are opening a drive through testing center Monday. You call a number for an initial screening, then they send you through the drive through for the physical test.

ImperfectPixie

This may be the wake up call that many people needed - I hope they answer it and get out of bed.
I really, really hope so. Herd immunity is way more important than a growing segment of the population realizes.
On one of the mom groups for the city I follow, they posted the school closures. Later that night, after the school closures were old news someone asked if anyone knew if the trampoline park would be open next week for spring break. At first I thought she was joking but nope, dead serious. We went out to the beach today. It was gorgeous. We use sunpass for tolls and there were no people for atleast 100yds on each side of us. I feel like we "got out of the house" safely. Why anyone would want to take their kids to a place that is germ infested on a good day, much less during a time like now just proves the point that some people just don't get it. I live in the south (it's Florida but often called lower Alabama) and people still think it's dumb. They compare coronavirus deaths so far to the entire flu season. They think it's all politics. And not because they like Trump, but because they think all government is bad .
That's the attitude that needs to be quashed right now. Personally, I think those types of businesses should be forced to close. Our own yards, and wide open, natural spaces are our friends right now. I'm hoping the warm weather that should be here soon helps with getting people to avoid kids' play places.

celluloid

"The Sky is Falling", I can't believe how many Chicken Littles are hanging out in the thread. In fact, they should rename this thread, "the sky is falling". Every time we have a situation to deal with, some people assume the worst. The worst rarely ever happens. Remember the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? Barely 10 percent of all that was predicted actually happened. The stock market is forward looking and hates uncertainty. That's why it has fallen so much. It will recover quickly when this situation becomes clearer.

This virus will pass just like all of them in the past...and sooner than you think. Everything will get back to normal and some will have a good laugh on all the "Chicken LIttles". Anyone remember the Y2K hysteria?

None of that caused China, a country we have become much more dependent on in the last decades than ever before. If they suffer our economy takes a huge hit and it is trickling over here. The virus itself sucks but how it was dealt with was different. Meme culture and China's more extreme and now direct effect has caused a lot of this to be very different.

ELG13

I really, really hope so. Herd immunity is way more important than a growing segment of the population realizes.

That's the attitude that needs to be quashed right now. Personally, I think those types of businesses should be forced to close. Our own yards, and wide open, natural spaces are our friends right now. I'm hoping the warm weather that should be here soon helps with getting people to avoid kids' play places.
I find it weird that so much is still opened here. Aside from the guy that was from another city that was brought here we haven't had any positive cases, but I'm sure once the testing starts tomorrow we will. It's already here but no one seems to realize it or care.....except for when it comes to TP and cleaning products.

LittleBuford

"The Sky is Falling", I can't believe how many Chicken Littles are hanging out in the thread. In fact, they should rename this thread, "the sky is falling". Every time we have a situation to deal with, some people assume the worst. The worst rarely ever happens. Remember the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? Barely 10 percent of all that was predicted actually happened. The stock market is forward looking and hates uncertainty. That's why it has fallen so much. It will recover quickly when this situation becomes clearer.

This virus will pass just like all of them in the past...and sooner than you think. Everything will get back to normal and some will have a good laugh on all the "Chicken LIttles". Anyone remember the Y2K hysteria?

The reaction is based on what is already happening in other counties. There’s much less guesswork involved than you seem to think.

RobWDW1971

The reaction is based on what is already happening in other counties. There’s much less guesswork involved than you seem to think.
You mean like in South Korea where they are probably doing the best record keeping and the fatality rate is less than 1% (and again for mostly elderly and pre-existing conditions)?

So far 63 people have died in the US while over 600,000 people in America died of cancer last year - hmmmm....maybe a little perspective is a good thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Federal guidelines for restaurants and retail businesses coming out tomorrow. My guess is the restrictions we are already seeing in some states will go nationwide tomorrow.

LittleBuford

You mean like in South Korea where they are probably doing the best record keeping and the fatality rate is less than 1% (and again for mostly elderly and pre-existing conditions)?

So far 63 people have died in the US while over 600,000 people in America died of cancer last year - hmmmm....maybe a little perspective is a good thing.

Your response only bears out my point. South Korea is doing better than Italy for a reason—it acted far more quickly and comprehensively. We should be learning from Italy’s mistakes, not blithely repeating them.

RobWDW1971

Your response only bears out my point. South Korea is doing better than Italy for a reason—it acted far more quickly and comprehensively. We should be learning from Italy’s mistakes, not blithely repeating them.
Ever been to Italy outside of the tourist areas or into an Italian hospital? These nearly third world countries will get hit much harder by every disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom