Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

It’s possible we will look back at this in a month and talk about how much people and the government needlessly overreacted. It’s also possible we will look back and wish we did more. Nobody knows how this will turn out and those who think they do are just kidding themselves. If we could go back in time a month and get the government to call for things like a ban on foreign nationals flying in and a ramp up of testing plus the start of social distancing (especially in hot spots) today we could be talking about how great the response was and how we avoided a disaster like Italy. The majority of people would have felt we were overreacting but they would have been wrong.

This month is done. Half of next month is done for many people. I just cannot with any kind of sense look at this and say if people are using social distancing and hyper aware of hygiene.. that It would be at all possible to extend all of these closures beyond what we already have.
Not if what the CDC is saying is correct.

Don’t touch your face. Wash your hands. Disinfect.

techgeek

I understand prepping. But have you heard what they consider the "good to open" signal would be? Is it perhaps a week or so after virus peak? Or a certain number of infected cases?

When the CDC says it’s ok to and communicates that by reducing mitigation protocols.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One quibble: travel bans shouldn't look at people's nationalities. An American citizen arriving from Italy is just as likely to be carrying the virus as a Chinese national, and at this point more so.
That may be so but they weren’t going to let American college students studying abroad be trapped in a disaster area. They should probably have forced Americans on flights from Italy to go through quarantine like China. No reason to let foreign travelers in from hot spots. The Boston outbreak started from international visitors at a conference.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One quibble: travel bans shouldn't look at people's nationalities. An American citizen arriving from Italy is just as likely to be carrying the virus as a Chinese national, and at this point more so.

Yes, but do you really want to be preventing people from returning to their homes? Imagine if your child was overseas and was told they could not come back? The number of citizens returning to the country should be small enough for them to be properly screened on their return and quarantined if necessary.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes, but do you really want to be preventing people from returning to their homes? Imagine if your child was overseas and was told they could not come back? The number of citizens returning to the country should be small enough for them to be properly screened on their return and quarantined if necessary.
yeah. I would say you basically have an obligation to bring back your own citizens and help them.

MrHappy

When the CDC says it’s ok to and communicates that by reducing mitigation protocols.
Does the CDC delegate that stuff? They seem more of a suggestive organization in which people ( and President's) would be wise to understand what they are reporting.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This month is done. Half of next month is done for many people. I just cannot with any kind of sense look at this and say if people are using social distancing and hyper aware of hygiene.. that It would be at all possible to extend all of these closures beyond what we already have.
Not if what the CDC is saying is correct.

Don’t touch your face. Wash your hands. Disinfect.
The key is people need to actually follow the social distancing and hygiene that’s suggested. Too many people are already making excuses for ignoring suggestions and doing what they want. The mass closures help people who can’t help themselves.

21stamps

Does the CDC delegate that stuff? They seem more of a suggestive organization in which people ( and President's) would be wise to understand what they are reporting.

I think that’s where a lot of confusion is.

My kid’s (along with millions of others) sports are canceled thru mid April. The last remaining cancelation happened yesterday evening.. an indoor sports facility where we had our final 3 games of the futsal & boarded indoor season, 1 today, 2 tomorrow. Most of us had hoped that they would allow the kids to finish their final game... but, nope. The email led us to believe that this was coming directly from the government here.

However, the mayor was on TV talking about how both outdoor & indoor facilities should limit to players/coaches/immediate families.. not a mandated cancelation altogether.

All of this leads to confusion and frustration for the public.

LittleBuford

I didn't mean to suggest that citizens should be prevented from flying back. My point was simply that nationality itself isn't the issue when it comes to curtailing the spread of this thing.

21stamps

The key is people need to actually follow the social distancing and hygiene that’s suggested. Too many people are already making excuses for ignoring suggestions and doing what they want. The mass closures help people who can’t help themselves.

By social distancing I’m talking not shaking hands, not standing up to someone’s back or close to their face when talking, avoiding crowded movie theaters and concerts... that type of stuff, not full separation.

ImperfectPixie

There are also idiots going out of their way to violate suggestions. My MIL knows someone who - with 5 friends - is driving to Canada so they can go on their trip to Europe...including Italy.

Sans Souci

I have seen a difference in the last 2 days alone. The more people who are religiously washing their hands, sanitizing shared services, using hand sanitizer when nothing else is available, the less this will spread.
There’s nothing that Should make us believe otherwise.

My husband, who just had shingles, went to Home Depot today. He went down an aisle to get something and another patron sneezed without covering his mouth, let alone into his elbow--just spraying it into the air. My husband quickly left the aisle without getting what he needed. I went out for a walk today and people are sneezing into the air--no effort made to sneeze into their elbows. I don't blame people for sneezing, everything is in bloom here, but this is basic hygiene and it's not being universally practiced. These are the people who are going to prolong this whole 💩 show. I don't understand what's so hard about sneezing into your elbow, not just now, but anytime...

Surferboy567

DBA63D7B-27AA-4FA4-A453-5D41DC0128DE.jpeg

DCP Update

Source: DCP Discord

21stamps

My husband, who just had shingles, went to Home Depot today. He went down an aisle to get something and another patron sneezed without covering his mouth, let alone into his elbow--just spraying it into the air. My husband quickly left the aisle without getting what he needed. I went out for a walk today and people are sneezing into the air--no effort made to sneeze into their elbows. I don't blame people for sneezing, everything is in bloom here, but this is basic hygiene and it's not being universally practiced. These are the people who are going to prolong this whole 💩 show. I don't understand what's so hard about sneezing into your elbow, not just now, but anytime...

Do you think that’s a minority for the most part? I’m at a company where many employees need to meet face to face with customers. We have decided that employees are allowed to ask someone to leave (politely) if they are coughing or sneezing without covering up. We also implemented a “no hand shake” policy as of Wednesday, and every person is required to have hand sanitizer on their desk, as well as wipes to use every time someone leaves their desk.
I almost wish this was the norm and we’d see a lot less of the flu go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom