Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Let me reiterate, if we get through these next few weeks and see that this isn’t catastrophic, then we should return to normal sooner rather than later. Kids can go back to school, sports can resume, Vacations can move forward. I’ve seen more people washing their hands and using sanitizer lately than I have ever seen in my life. If that keeps up then it should limit the spread much more than what we’ve seen in the other countries.

The fact that community spread is already happening here in the US suggests that the genie is out of the bottle and has been so for some time. Still, I hope you're right.

MrHappy

Disney is prepping for at least all of April.
I understand prepping. But have you heard what they consider the "good to open" signal would be? Is it perhaps a week or so after virus peak? Or a certain number of infected cases?

Edit: I'm scheduled for May 1. Dvc point rental via David's, ehhh.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The measures we’re seeing are to prevent the kind of disaster that's befallen Italy, where the healthcare system has been pushed to its limits by the sheer number of infections. The virus doesn't have to be especially deadly (and, thankfully, it isn't) to justify such a response
It’s possible we will look back at this in a month and talk about how much people and the government needlessly overreacted. It’s also possible we will look back and wish we did more. Nobody knows how this will turn out and those who think they do are just kidding themselves. If we could go back in time a month and get the government to call for things like a ban on foreign nationals flying in and a ramp up of testing plus the start of social distancing (especially in hot spots) today we could be talking about how great the response was and how we avoided a disaster like Italy. The majority of people would have felt we were overreacting but they would have been wrong.

21stamps

The fact that community spread is already happening here in the US suggests that the genie is out of the bottle and has been so for some time. Still, I hope you're right.

I have seen a difference in the last 2 days alone. The more people who are religiously washing their hands, sanitizing shared services, using hand sanitizer when nothing else is available, the less this will spread.
There’s nothing that should make us believe otherwise.

disneygeek90

It’s possible we will look back at this in a month and talk about how much people and the government needlessly overreacted. It’s also possible we will look back and wish we did more. Nobody knows how this will turn out and those who think they do are just kidding themselves. If we could go back in time a month and get the government to call for things like a ban on foreign nationals flying in and a ramp up of testing plus the start of social distancing (especially in hot spots) today we could be talking about how great the response was and how we avoided a disaster like Italy. The majority of people would have felt we were overreacting but they would have been wrong.
If we look back a month from now and say we overreacted, that would be a good thing.
ABA130D7-713D-4CE3-8FAC-46049C663833.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

I went to Walmart today and the canned good section were cleaned out. 6 aisles of good were completely empty as well as the toliet paper aisle. Sure it's alot of panicky people but you got to go with them or you yourself will have no food to eat.
We've got several choices here - Walmart, Stop & Shop, Target, Aldi's, and Market Basket all within a few miles of each other. Most shelves are bare. Market Basket seems to have a major leg up in restocking, but we still weren't able to get rice, ziti, or peanut butter. (Hubby grabbed a 4-pack of toilet paper someone was putting back on the empty shelf.)

ElvisMickey

I went to Walmart today and the canned good section were cleaned out. 6 aisles of good were completely empty as well as the toliet paper aisle. Sure it's alot of panicky people but you got to go with them or you yourself will have no food to eat.

Not that I needed these things, but my local Walmart here in the Orlando area was a madhouse at 7AM this morning and not only out of essentials like water, but also out of things like mouthwash. And enemas 🤔.

LittleBuford

One quibble: travel bans shouldn't look at people's nationalities. An American citizen arriving from Italy is just as likely to be carrying the virus as a Chinese national, and at this point more so.

cindy_k

I stopped at Target today for the necessities (Frozen 2 on blu ray and beer) and shelf after shelf were cleared out. Publix didn’t look anything like that on Thursday. I don’t know what shape they were in today.
I visited my Publix today. Ran out of coffee filters and wanted some Jim Bean Apple. The only thing they didn't have supply of that I saw was toilet paper and antibacterial soap. They even had bottled water. It was running low, but there was still supply.

Lilofan

Not good. By me - Publix was unrecognizable. So was Aldi and Walmart Neighborhood.
The Asian grocery stores in my area had stock of canned goods, meat, chicken, pork, fish, canned goods and frozen foods of the Asian variety. They were doing brisk business but not like the wipe out conditions of the big box supermarkets.

al5957

We've got several choices here - Walmart, Stop & Shop, Target, Aldi's, and Market Basket all within a few miles of each other. Most shelves are bare. Market Basket seems to have a major leg up in restocking, but we still weren't able to get rice, ziti, or peanut butter. (Hubby grabbed a 4-pack of toilet paper someone was putting back on the empty shelf.)

Market Basket for the win, very lucky in NE to have them. Even though we have 3 in now within like a mile of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom