Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Everything is completely avoidable.

The bus was comfortable and safe, until a group of cheer-type teens came running up. Now it’s an tantric orgy.

Sure, shoulda and coulda gotten a taxicab.

You want to know what isn't avoidable? A miserable bus driver at a resort that costs a fortune to stay at.

I just don’t know what he was supposed to do. Kick people off because they chose a bus instead of less crowded transportation?

No, he didn’t provide good customer service.. but he’s also probably annoyed that people are still taking a bus- while complaining about other people being on said bus too.., and probably a little apprehensive being his job is about to go away for who knows how long.- his livelihood, not just his vacation.

I think people should have compassion and maybe overlook such things right now. The bus driver’s moment of rudeness isn’t going to ruin your trip, right?

Touchdown

I think the parks are going to be closed for at least 4 weeks (two virus cycles) if our measures work then it may open after that, if not my AP will be extended into the Christmas season which would result in me visiting again.

I feel the chances of my late April trip being canceled are slightly worse then 50-50 currently.

arich35

I had a fever for 5 days., they still wouldn’t test. The travel history and/or contact with known case is really the only way.

Not sure that is true, someone in Missouri just tested positive and he/she hasn't traveled out of the country.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Everything is completely avoidable.

The bus was comfortable and safe, until a group of cheer-type teens came running up. Now it’s an tantric orgy.

Sure, shoulda and coulda gotten a taxicab.

You want to know what isn't avoidable? A miserable bus driver at a resort that costs a fortune to stay at.
They probably should have closed the park starting Friday and just left hotels open to allow people time to make travel arrangements.

Mickeyboof

I just don’t know what he was supposed to do. Kick people off because they chose a bus instead of less crowded transportation?

No, he didn’t provide good customer service.. but he’s also probably annoyed that people are still taking a bus- while complaining about other people being on said bus too.., and probably a little apprehensive being his job is about to go away for who knows how long.- his livelihood, not just his vacation.

I think people should have compassion and maybe overlook such things right now. The bus driver’s moment of rudeness isn’t going to ruin your trip, right?

What’s the less crowded option from Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom included in my Walt Disney World resort stay?

The driver could have maintained a safe environment and capped bus capacity. Most tourists zones are capping capacity in close quarters. No one would have been kicked off, they just wouldn’t have gotten on this bus.

Ive had to wait for the next bus after two scooters took up about 10 people’s worth of space. But we all crammed on this time!

21stamps

What’s the less crowded option from Hollywood Studios to Magic Kingdom included in my Walt Disney World resort stay?

The driver could have maintained a safe environment and capped bus capacity. Most tourists zones are capping capacity in close quarters. No one would have been kicked off, they just wouldn’t have gotten on this bus.

Ive had to wait for the next bus after two scooters took up about 10 people’s worth of space. But we all crammed on this time!

Really? Come on now. I use Uber all of the time at WDW for my own convenience.

Relax. Enjoy the rest of your trip, concentrate on your own vacation and realize that everyone else is also there trying to enjoy theirs.

Mickeyboof

Really? Come on now. I use Uber all of the time at WDW for my own convenience.

Relax. Enjoy the rest of your trip, concentrate on your own vacation and realize that everyone else is also there trying to enjoy theirs.

The best perk of booking a Walt Disney World resort is the convenient Uber pick up and drop off points!

Or even better, Bob Chapek presents MINNIEVANS!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In an ironic twist Apple has closed all Apple stores outside of China until March 27th. The silver lining is that mainland China appears to be turning the corner and is in better shape than most of the world now. Hopefully the 3 month disease arc continues elsewhere. We would be out of the woods by May.

China did pretty exteme lock downs to control the spread, you won't see something like that in the US.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
On the bus to Magic Kingdom. Bus driver is packing us in like sardines. worst than rush hour on a nyc subway.

We are all touching now and so, so close. I ask, “aren’t we supposed to be taking precautions? Should we be packed in this close?!”

The bus driver snapped “NOPE. Not until Sunday.”

-just got coughed on as I write this-

“Not until Sunday? Good to know Walt Disney World’s policy.”

Next time just start coughing un-controllably and you will soon have the bus all to yourself. ;)

JoeCamel

I think the parks are going to be closed for at least 4 weeks (two virus cycles) if our measures work then it may open after that, if not my AP will be extended into the Christmas season which would result in me visiting again.

I feel the chances of my late April trip being canceled are slightly worse then 50-50 currently.

I don't think it is known with certainty what the "virus cycle" time is. I saw one report about a person being positive 35 days after first positive.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure that is true, someone in Missouri just tested positive and he/she hasn't traveled out of the country.
I've been reading/hearing of community spread in a few locations.
It is true and has been true in Ohio for more than 2 weeks now.
More tests are supposed to be coming, but they’re not here yet.

Do not wait or rely on testing. Feeling like you may have the symptoms? Self isolate for 7 days minimum.

That’s what most of Europe are already doing.

disney4life2008

Hold out some hope. Things may be improved by then. I am wondering if they will extend school this summer to make up for lost time or just give everyone a pass.

Universities are online now. K through 12, most kids have school provided laptops and or tablets so I'm sure they will go online as well. The problem is that standardized testing season is now.

JoeCamel

It was interesting as well because all the dining venues looked sterile and empty. I think they are starting to deep clean for the closure.
Was in ChickFilA yesterday, paper only, and I watched the same table get cleaned three times while I was there. No one sat at the table the whole time. No condiments, serviceware or anything else out for customers, everything is by request only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom