Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimmit

We were due to arrive in DLP April 1st. We’re moving it back to later in the year. Personally I’d be surprised if they reopen in two weeks.
that is a smart move. I see almost zero chance they will be open come April 1. France is a hotbed and hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down thus far. I suspect Disney is giving end dates for it’s parks to prevent mass panic. Much better headline of “suspending till xxx” than “suspending indefinitely”. Gives people some hope.

disneyREINA

Japan extended their closing a few additional weeks. My gut says we won’t be in the clear by 4/1. Is there any benefit to canceling now vs waiting until closer to the date? If you have nothing to lose probably just wait and hope for a miracle :)

I’m just wondering if they’ll allow me to cancel my resort res at the last minute and still get my refund.
I have the discover ticket and I have no desire to go back unless it’s in the fall. So if they allow me to put the 1000$ That I spent on the tickets on an AP I would rather do that than be forced to use the tickets in June or July.
I’d love to ask about this but I can’t get through to speak to someone

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m just wondering if they’ll allow me to cancel my resort res at the last minute and still get my refund.
I have the discover ticket and I have no desire to go back unless it’s in the fall. So if they allow me to put the 1000$ That I spent on the tickets on an AP I would rather do that than be forced to use the tickets in June or July.
I’d love to ask about this but I can’t get through to speak to someone
Yeah, if you get on hold now it may be close to the end of March before you actually get through ;)

NickMaio

Or even to cigarette deaths.
Cigarette use takes decades to kill someone.
Not weeks.... these comparisons are plain ignorant and laughable at best.
To some who take it as gospel, deadly.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Regarding you second paragraph- This goes back to the quarantine though, or lack thereof here. People are still out.. cautious, but out. We have to trust that everyone is washing and sanitizing.. which is not a comforting thought, but it’s the only thing we can do.

Tests are supposedly coming... let’s just hope it happens as soon as possible. Then we can really see how the virus is playing out in the majority of people infected.
We don’t need a full quarantine yet. Just follow simple advice. Stay home unless you need to be out. If you do go out avoid contact as much as possible and wash and sanitize frequently. If you have symptoms assume you have it and quarantine yourself until you can get tested. The other key is once testing ramps up people need to get tested as soon they either have symptoms or know they had contact with someone who is infected. Even at the highest levels of our government that isn’t happening today. Terrible example to the masses.

Disney Lover Addie

My niece’s school is closing and it‘s practically a ghost town everywhere. I have a Disneyland trip planned with her in June. She’ll be devastated if I have to cancel, but at this point there’s so many articles/videos/etc I don’t know what to do.

DreamalittleDisney

BA doing the same. Just moved mine back to September (was May) 😞

Not sure if Virgin are offering the same, but we were offered vouchers to the value of our flights for any flights within the next 12 months, or a full refund.
We are booked Mid-may holding out for a while longer to see how this pans out after the first closure

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My niece’s school is closing and it‘s practically a ghost town everywhere. I have a Disneyland trip planned with her in June. She’ll be devastated if I have to cancel, but at this point there’s so many articles/videos/etc I don’t know what to do.
Hold out some hope. Things may be improved by then. I am wondering if they will extend school this summer to make up for lost time or just give everyone a pass.

VaderTron

We do need more tests. We also need people to go get tested when available. I think we can all agree on that. Guesses like 100,000 cases don‘t help anything. I assume it’s done to scare people into complying with suggestions. We don’t know exact numbers infected but we have China and S Korea and Italy as examples of how the disease spreads. We don’t have the official numbers but its naive to assume the disease will spread slower or less in the US. We have places who are a month or 2 ahead of us as a good idea of how things are likely to progress.

Not having enough info we can either stick our heads in the sand and assume if people aren‘t testing positive they are not infected and go on business as usual or we can assume based on evidence from other countries that way more people are actually positive but don’t know it because of lack of testing. Better to be safe than sorry. If this thing spreads beyond the point of no return we could end up with a shortage of hospital beds and ventilators. Even for people in the low risk group that’s a big problem. We all know elderly or high risk people but besides that you could have an unexpected medical emergency or be in a car accident or accident at work that requires a hospital bed, intensive care or even a ventilator.
They are not doing testing unless you have a fever AND a cough AND shortness of breath, OR have travel history to an affected area and/or contact with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19. So, even though I am hacking up a lung, I can't get tested since I have no fever or shortness of breath and no travel history or contact with a confirmed case. It's dumb. So now I have to self-isolate and pretend like I do, even if I don't.

Edit: I don't have to self-isolate. But I'm doing so out of common courtesy.

Mickeyboof

On the bus to Magic Kingdom. Bus driver is packing us in like sardines. worst than rush hour on a nyc subway.

We are all touching now and so, so close. I ask, “aren’t we supposed to be taking precautions? Should we be packed in this close?!”

The bus driver snapped “NOPE. Not until Sunday.”

-just got coughed on as I write this-

“Not until Sunday? Good to know Walt Disney World’s policy.”

disneygeek90

On the bus to Magic Kingdom. Bus driver is packing us in like sardines. worst than rush hour on a nyc subway.

We are all touching now and so, so close. I ask, “aren’t we supposed to be taking precautions? Should we be packed in this close?!”

Reasons I’m staying clear of the resort this weekend. It’s not as if the virus will say “not until Sunday,” too.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They are not doing testing unless you have a fever AND a cough PLUS have travel history to an affected area and/or contact with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19. So, even though I am hacking up a lung, I can't get tested since I have no fever and no travel history or contact with a confirmed case. It's dumb. So now I have to self-isolate and pretend like I do, even if I don't.

It really sucks. This whole testing roll out was completely botched. The government needs to get its act together and fast. In PA where I live there was a doctor who was treating potentially infected patients and was denied a test. We need to ramp up fast or suffer the fate of Italy.

21stamps

They are not doing testing unless you have a fever AND a cough AND shortness of breath, OR have travel history to an affected area and/or contact with a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19. So, even though I am hacking up a lung, I can't get tested since I have no fever or shortness of breath and no travel history or contact with a confirmed case. It's dumb. So now I have to self-isolate and pretend like I do, even if I don't.

I had a fever for 5 days., they still wouldn’t test. The travel history and/or contact with known case is really the only way.

VaderTron

He's probably irritated as well, since they obviously made him come in to work. They probably told him that if he didn't he would lose his job/payment during closure. If he pushed back, perhaps that's the comeback management told him and he's just parroting their idiotic "policy". Just my thoughts.

Edit: Let's not forget that you also chose to be there realizing the risks. Only a marginal amount of sympathy can be handed out to you on this one.

21stamps

To be fair, this was also completely avoidable on your part.

Mickeyboof

To be fair, this was also completely avoidable on your part.

Everything is completely avoidable.

The bus was comfortable and safe, until a group of cheer-type teens came running up. Now it’s an tantric orgy.

Sure, shoulda and coulda gotten a taxicab.

You want to know what isn't avoidable? A miserable bus driver at a resort that costs a fortune to stay at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom