Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

I get that but if it’s you or a member of your family or friends you don’t care about the meaning of pandemic.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I get that but if it’s you or a member of your family or friends you don’t care about the meaning of pandemic.
If it's a member of your family or friends, the last thing you need to do is make rush and emotional judgement for their care and treatment.

But, overall, I agree with your sentiment.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No offense, but says who? Have you seen some report that has taken inventory of what every hospital has and doesn't have and how they can or cannot respond?

I'd love to read that.
It’s been reported numerous places. Here’s one example:

al5957

I'm down here right now, and was very much business as usual until the news broke today. Lines at the front desk are crazy, and the JetBlue online booking system was so flooded they had to take it offline. Even the Mosiac rep I talked to could only book me a new flight, and couldn't modify my original flight.

On the plus side, we got bumped to Coronado at check in, so I added an extra day and i'm staying till Monday!

MrHappy

It’s not the flu. It is a specific mutated strain of coronavirus. We have loads of coronavirus (I am a respiratory therapist) patients, they are not covid19.
The flu is worse and has killed WAY more.
This is a respiratory virus only it won’t affect anything else.

it will give you pneumonia type symptoms and fever.you will recover fine. The people who need to worry are elderly and immunocompromised.

take precautions
Just think we should re-read an expert's testimony

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It’s been reported numerous places. Here’s one example:

Emergency rooms across the country are preparing for a crush of cases, but with limited capacity and supplies, administrators fear they will not be ready.

Yes.

Emergency rooms.

Not the system as whole. Not the supply chain of medical devices. Not the treatment chain.

Emergency rooms.

And, having had to deal with Emergency Rooms, I can tell you, it gets nuts when people decide en masse to swamp them.

And yes, you can't logistically deal with it.

That doesn't mean we can't deal with the issue at large. It merely means if every person who thinks they have the disease shows up to an emergency room (please do not do that), it could overwhelm the system at large.

Why? Because emergency rooms are easy to overwhelm.

My experience was AMEDD, where we had three general categories.

1) Emergency (because it was field medicine, true emergency)
2) Vet and Retired (very common routine stuff)
3) Recoup (which is people who needed long term care)

You aren't gonna die tomorrow. Not everything is an emergency.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

Look for a local Urgent Care or GP. Yeah, it may not be YOUR GP, but look for that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Emergency rooms across the country are preparing for a crush of cases, but with limited capacity and supplies, administrators fear they will not be ready.

Yes.

Emergency rooms.

Not the system as whole. Not the supply chain of medical devices. Not the treatment chain.

Emergency rooms.

And, having had to deal with Emergency Rooms, I can tell you, it gets nuts when people decide en masse to swamp them.

And yes, you can't logistically deal with it.

That doesn't mean we can't deal with the issue at large. It merely means if every person who thinks they have the disease shows up to an emergency room (please do not do that), it could overwhelm the system at large.

Why? Because emergency rooms are easy to overwhelm.

My experience was AMEDD, where we had three general categories.

1) Emergency (because it was field medicine, true emergency)
2) Vet and Retired (very common routine stuff)
3) Recoup (which is people who needed long term care)

You aren't gonna die tomorrow. Not everything is an emergency.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

Look for a local Urgent Care or GP. Yeah, it may not be YOUR GP, but look for that.
You can’t go to urgent care or a gp if you have symptoms of corona. They can’t test you and won’t even see you. what they need is more testing. Drive up testing. More labs, tests and lab workers.

I stand by everything I originally posted. If we can’t slow the spread down there will be a more serious crisis. That’s why we are seeing the extreme social distancing now.

phillip9698

So, any guess what will take place during the down time? Will they even do anything at all? Finish the castle makeover? Continue work on the new attractions? Please PLEASE let them use this time to fix the issues with ROTR!

If schools are closing then those same workers will need to stay home and take care of their kids. Please stop thinking of this outbreak in terms that will please you the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom