Anyone changing or cancelling their trip due to Corona?

Rogue21

I have a trip in mid-April and will be monitoring it right up to 5 days prior. Last thing I want to do is bring home a souvenir I did not want and lacks ears. 🤢

Upvote 0

Leo!

I have everything (flights, car, hotel) for April 11-18. Don't know what to do atm (50/50 chances). I think it will be a last minute decision.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I canceled. I was supposed to leave Saturday for my bucket-list around the world trip to the four Disney parks I haven’t yet been to. With three of them closed due to COVID-19, there really wasn’t any choice.

DLP just started restricting some character greetings, it may be closed by the time I would have got there in about three weeks.

Upvote 0

Rogue21

I canceled. I was supposed to leave Saturday for my bucket-list around the world trip to the four Disney parks I haven’t yet been to. With three of them closed due to COVID-19, there really wasn’t any choice.

DLP just started restricting some character greetings, it may be closed by the time I would have got there in about three weeks.
If you were just going to one of the US parks, would you still go?

Upvote 0

JohnD

Yeah. In your case, smart move. Me. I'm just going to WDW in late March so no plans to cancel unless cases crop up there and events spiral out of proportion.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well my guess is by the time my trip comes up in August the majority of cases will have already happened.
But if my plan was to go next week I would still go.
My sister is going in a month and hasn't cancelled.
My niece is in Florida for lacrosse/spring break right now.
My sister is going to visit my niece at college when she gets back.
My tattoo artist is in WDW right now and I'll be getting a tattoo from him on Friday.
Basically I'm not worried for myself but I'm a tad concerned for my parents who are in their 70's and are active going to movies, concerts, out to eat, to doctors all the time since that is the population that seems to have the worst symptoms.
I live with them though so at the first sign I'll make sure they get help if they do get sick.
For the most part I think its been blown out of proportion when you look at how many people in the US alone got/died from H1N1 and there wasn't this much widespread absolute panic. I'm tired of it being the only thing on the news and they just skim over the fact that its already decreasing dramatically in the country of origin which saw it the worst because they were the least prepared.
Being prepared and acting rationally will get us through.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well my guess is by the time my trip comes up in August the majority of cases will have already happened.
My tattoo artist is in WDW right now and I'll be getting a tattoo from him on Friday.
Basically I'm not worried for myself but I'm a tad concerned for my parents who are in their 70's and are active going to movies, concerts, out to eat, to doctors all the time since that is the population that seems to have the worst symptoms.
I live with them though so at the first sign I'll make sure they get help if they do get sick.
For the most part I think its been blown out of proportion when you look at how many people in the US alone got/died from H1N1 and there wasn't this much widespread absolute panic. I'm tired of it being the only thing on the news and they just skim over the fact that its already decreasing dramatically in the country of origin which saw it the worst because they were the least prepared.

I don't know how true some of the twitter "first person" accounts are on this, but some people are reporting that in parts of Italy they won't see people who are over 70 because they don't have enough ventilators for everyone. Might be worth having a chat with them to at least limit exposure when they do go places. Like at the movie theater sit in the back row and don't touch anything or only go see movies that have been out for a while and not full showings.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I don't know how true some of the twitter "first person" accounts are on this, but some people are reporting that in parts of Italy they won't see people who are over 70 because they don't have enough ventilators for everyone. Might be worth having a chat with them to at least limit exposure when they do go places. Like at the movie theater sit in the back row and don't touch anything or only go see movies that have been out for a while and not full showings.

Meh they don't need "tips" from me.
They know reasonable measures to take.
My mom was an RN for 40 years.
They already do tend to go to movies that have been out for a while because they aren't a fan of the movie theater crowds and their loudness.
They just saw Call of the Wild the other day and went at 10pm and they were the only ones in the theater lol.

Upvote 0

JohnD

If it's anything like flu,by August, it shouldn't be an issue as humidity will keep it from spreading.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Had a cruise scheduled for March 18 canceled not relate the virus (have knee replacement March 16) canceled back in Nov. Probable would have canceled now since they are saying my age group should not go on cruises at this time.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Had a cruise scheduled for March 18 canceled not relate the virus (have knee replacement March 16) canceled back in Nov. Probable would have canceled now since they are saying my age group should not go on cruises at this time.

Hey JPH, currently on short term disability from the right knee replacement. had it done on 2/24. good luck my friend.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom