Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Curious Constance

Ok now how many trees per person per year.....:greedy::D. Home Depot today had stacks of 96 packs....but the wipe aisle was WIPED out!;) Good to see public out buying grass seed and other home repair items.

Saw this factoid on my rolls of TP wrapper.....if every household in the USA replaced just one single roll 2 play 500 sheet virgin fiber tissue with our 100% recycled product we could save 295,000 trees. States minimum 50% post consumer recycled paper and 50% pre consumer recycled paper. Just think how many could be saved if each person made it more a habit? :cool:

What they don’t tell you is that the energy and resources used to recycle and create their product is most likely far worse for the environment than just using normal paper. But, whatever makes people feel good! 🤷‍♀️

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
What they don’t tell you is that the energy and resources used to recycle and create their product is most likely far worse for the environment than just using normal paper. But, whatever makes people feel good! 🤷‍♀️

Maybe, maybe not.....I do try to use recycled products when available.....if you get products that are not bleached/whitened it is better for process imho. Big picture, use what works for you! 🚽🌳😉

TP2000

Original Poster
The Coronavirus has gone too far! The samples have stopped at Costco!!!!!!!!

That's ridiculous.

I just got back a few minutes ago from Trader Joe's and they still had samples there; British cheese and crackers at the front of the store, and a chicken enchilada salad thing at the back of the store. I tried both, and because the Sample Hostess at that store knows me and I always wink at her, I got an extra large sample of the enchilada salad. ;)

I was also at Target and they had toilet paper on the shelves, but they were completely wiped out of Coaxium!

The big box stores and shopping centers of central OC were not unusually busy for a Saturday, everyone was calm and level-headed this afternoon, so that was nice to see. People seriously just need to relax.

DrAlice

The big box stores and shopping centers of central OC were not unusually busy for a Saturday, everyone was calm and level-headed this afternoon, so that was nice to see. People seriously just need to relax.

Plenty of people out doing their normal Saturday "oops I forgot that part" shopping at my local hardware store today. There were plenty willing to buy the girls' cookies also. Even for a rainy day, the girls just about sold out. My husband joked that we should have made a sign for the booth that said "Girl Scout Cookies: Now coronavirus-free!". (Yeah, there's a reason we don't put him in charge. 🤣 )

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Come on, trees are a fully sustainable product. Before they are harvested, they are scrubbing our air of CO2, that bad greenhouse gas.

Paper is paper, yes, keeping it out of the landfills is a plus, but toliet paper ends up breaking down and returns as nutrients to our eco system.
LOL ...now I have Lion King's Circle of Life music stuck in my head! ;)

monykalyn

Plenty of people out doing their normal Saturday "oops I forgot that part" shopping at my local hardware store today. There were plenty willing to buy the girls' cookies also. Even for a rainy day, the girls just about sold out. My husband joked that we should have made a sign for the booth that said "Girl Scout Cookies: Now coronavirus-free!". (Yeah, there's a reason we don't put him in charge. 🤣 )
I would have bought extra with a sign like that! I love snarky humor.

NobodyElse

I'd only thought Vandenberg because I know they have a deep water port to unload rockets there, and it's very remote.

I hadn't really thought about this before, but are you sure this is true? I assumed they were primarily trucked in, with perhaps some final assembly done on site.

I've been able to travel that section of coast by Amtrak a few times, and never noticed a suitable area for large ship docking etc. (Also Google maps has me scratching my head even further.)
1583705838979.png

TP2000

Original Poster
I hadn't really thought about this before, but are you sure this is true? I assumed they were primarily trucked in, with perhaps some final assembly done on site.

I've been able to travel that section of coast by Amtrak a few times, and never noticed a suitable area for large ship docking etc. (Also Google maps has me scratching my head even further.)
View attachment 454851

This issue is now moot with the news that the ship is docking in Oakland tomorrow, and then they'll fly the passengers to various military bases around the country, but...

I've taken the Coast Starlight several times before too! But I haven't done that trip in years. It's an incredible journey though. I'd always sit in the Lounge Car thru Vandenberg to take in both the roiling sea below the cliffs on one side of the track, and towering rocket platforms on the other. Very impressive!

I only threw out Vandenberg because I remembered talking to a retired Air Force Colonel at a dinner party once, and when he was active duty there he talked about off-loading rockets and big parts off of ships at a port they apparently have there. I Googled it just now and found this image of unloading giant rockets at Vandenberg, so apparently they have port facilities, but probably not suitable to dealing with a giant cruise ship with 3,500 civilians on board.

111028-F-WA869-101.JPG

Last edited:

NobodyElse

This issue is now moot with the news that the ship is docking in Oakland tomorrow, and then they'll fly the passengers to various military bases around the country, but...

I've taken the Coast Starlight several times before too! But I haven't done that trip in years. It's an incredible journey though. I'd always sit in the Lounge Car thru Vandenberg to take in both the roiling sea below the cliffs on one side of the track, and towering rocket platforms on the other. Very impressive!

I only threw out Vandenberg because I remembered talking to a retired Air Force Colonel at a dinner party once, and when he was active duty there he talked about off-loading rockets and big parts off of ships at a port they apparently have there. I Googled it just now and found this image of unloading giant rockets at Vandenberg, so apparently they have port facilities, but probably not suitable to dealing with a giant cruise ship with 3,500 civilians on board.

111028-F-WA869-101.JPG

Interesting. Thanks for posting that picture. (And stop hogging the Lounge Car.) :)

EDIT: Oh, and I found it.
1583707240894.png

It's actually down here (red circle). Indeed, it looks like it's really mostly suitable for it's one intended purpose.
1583707461631.png

And HERE'S a little story with video of a Delta IV being unloaded. The more you know...

Last edited:

DrAlice

Oh boy.... Full panic mode in my area.

The organization I work for just decided to move most (that means "all possible") activities online, to keep people away from one another. This seems like such an overreaction. Again, no one here actually has the virus, that we are aware of. Maybe they know something they aren't saying? Anyway, hopefully no one will start stealing the toilet paper or hand sanitizer on their way out. :bored:

On the bright side, what this means for me: while I can't do everything that I do online, I will at least have shorter work days! I'll be spending that time enjoying the extra spring gardening time working online. ;)

Lilofan

Wdw Pro's claim that Disneyland Paris would close this past Friday obviously didn't happen (let's add that to the list of things they've claimed that haven't actually happened). Looks like my Paris trip is still on! For now at least...
You may want to stock up on antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizer. No guarantees Paris would have them. And travel and medical insurance in case something happen to you in France.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wdw Pro's claim that Disneyland Paris would close this past Friday obviously didn't happen (let's add that to the list of things they've claimed that haven't actually happened). Looks like my Paris trip is still on! For now at least...
Not to mention all the current projects they claimed would be shuttered which haven’t.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom