WDW Park Nurses

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I am currently a Junior studying to become a Nurse and would love to become employed as an RN as a Parks Nurse at WDW. I do understand that WDW pays there Nurses 61K and honestly I would take less to work there. My question is what do you think the availability of these positions and does anyone think they would accept newly graduated RN's? I would also like to hear if anyone on hear has ever had the experience themselves working in this field for WDW.

Thank You

JaxFLBear

There's currently only one nursing job at WDW listed on Disney's job site. That one requires 3 years RN experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
There's currently only one nursing job at WDW listed on Disney's job site. That one requires 3 years RN experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.

It looks like I will have to work for a few years outside of Disney at first before I start applying. Once I graduate in 2021 I will have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing so that part will be covered.

Lilofan

I am currently a Junior studying to become a Nurse and would love to become employed as an RN as a Parks Nurse at WDW. I do understand that WDW pays there Nurses 61K and honestly I would take less to work there. My question is what do you think the availability of these positions and does anyone think they would accept newly graduated RN's? I would also like to hear if anyone on hear has ever had the experience themselves working in this field for WDW.

Thank You
You can live on 61K a year if you are single in Central Florida quite well and no state income tax. A friend of mine lives in Central FL and pays $1.6K in property taxes on a home valued at $280K.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You can live on 61K a year if you are single in Central Florida quite well and no state income tax. A friend of mine lives in Central FL and pays $1.6K in property taxes on a home valued at $280K.
That is great to know. I am currently in a relationship and I hope it goes to the next level so I hope he is in the picture as well. :) My boyfriend is an Engineering Student so I don't see any difficulty in getting jobs in the Central Florida area. Thank You

John park hopper

My wife is a retired ER/ICU nurse, later worked labor and delivery -- believe me nurses are worth far more than what they are paid --rotating shift work, work holidays, if there is a hurricane they have to work no choice, on top of that you have to carry insurance because some one may sue you and yes it happens because of slimy lawyers. My wife still carries Insurance because you can be sued long after.
What is going on now Disney may have need for more nurses --who knows

Lilofan

My wife is a retired ER/ICU nurse, later worked labor and delivery -- believe me nurses are worth far more than what they are paid --rotating shift work, work holidays, if there is a hurricane they have to work no choice, on top of that you have to carry insurance because some one may sue you and yes it happens because of slimy lawyers. My wife still carries Insurance because you can be sued long after.
And free passes to WDW!

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Even as a little girl, I have had a passion for helping others. It was well before my 11th grade year in High School that I knew I wanted to become a Nurse. I am well aware that professions such as Nurses and Teachers are well under paid and it is the passion of these people that keep them doing it. I suppose it is the passion for it that keeps me wanting to do it. Us Nursing Students even get told this by our teachers.

Chicagoshannon2

You definitely want to work in a hospital setting preferable med/surg or Er to get experience. You need to build up your skills. You will loose a lot of skills working for Disney because the types of things you'll see will be minor. For example you might see someone for a headache or maybe a twisted ankle. Anything serious will be taken to the hospital. $61k for a job in Disney is a great amount! Seriously, you will have to work odd hours most likely but that would be the only downside.

John park hopper

I could never understand why my wife put up with it there was so many other areas of nursing she could have done and less head ache but like you she loved the thankless job. I say thankless because in her 30 + year career she was rarely thanked. The profession needs more like you. Good luck and much success.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You definitely want to work in a hospital setting preferable med/surg or Er to get experience. You need to build up your skills. You will loose a lot of skills working for Disney because the types of things you'll see will be minor. For example you might see someone for a headache or maybe a twisted ankle. Anything serious will be taken to the hospital. $61k for a job in Disney is a great amount! Seriously, you will have to work odd hours most likely but that would be the only downside.
That is really good advice. I do want to have the skill set down. Before I got the idea of working for Disney, I was going to apply to work in an ER setting. That is probably what I will do to get my feet wet as it seems Disney you need at least a few years experience anyway.

I expected the odd hours to be involved when working for Disney as well as weekends and also holidays. I do really enjoy Nursing and I absolutely love Disney so I don't believe that would be an issue.

Lilofan

After a long day or prior to your afternoon shift if that's the case, go enjoy yourself in the theme parks!!

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After a long day or prior to your afternoon shift if that's the case, go enjoy yourself in the theme parks!!
I would probably do that. I would probably go and enjoy Mickey's Philharmagic, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Carousel of Progress, and The Haunted Mansion just to wind down a bit. :)

Lilofan

I would probably do that. I would probably go and enjoy Mickey's Philharmagic, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Carousel of Progress, and The Haunted Mansion just to wind down a bit. :)
If you don't get fast passes that might be tough but just sit back relax and enjoy the fireworks at Epcot or Magic Kingdom and call it a night.

Kamikaze

Thank You

Don't ever admit that. To anyone. Ever.

Eamethyst

Thank You
Disney pays well. They do allot for their employees. There is college reimbursement. There are several programs Disney offers to current employees. Disney has hiring events every year. There is a recruiter that you can speak with about becoming an RN for Disney. The recruiters do know what they are talking about and they take the time to talk to you. They are really nice. Will give you advice and and opinion. If I was you and wanted to work for Disney. I would go onto the Disney career site. Look at all the jobs that they are hiring for. Look and see if there is something that you'd like to do even part time. get your foot in the door. If you work Disney before while you are studying then you will have a better chance on working as an RN for Disney. I have spoken to recruiters and also to one of the heads for hiring. She told me get your foot in the door. Disney likes to hire within for other positions. She said once you work for the company it's easier to transfer to another department.

*Jules*

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney pays well. They do allot for their employees. There is college reimbursement. There are several programs Disney offers to current employees. Disney has hiring events every year. There is a recruiter that you can speak with about becoming an RN for Disney. The recruiters do know what they are talking about and they take the time to talk to you. They are really nice. Will give you advice and and opinion. If I was you and wanted to work for Disney. I would go onto the Disney career site. Look at all the jobs that they are hiring for. Look and see if there is something that you'd like to do even part time. get your foot in the door. If you work Disney before while you are studying then you will have a better chance on working as an RN for Disney. I have spoken to recruiters and also to one of the heads for hiring. She told me get your foot in the door. Disney likes to hire within for other positions. She said once you work for the company it's easier to transfer to another department.
This is fantastic information. Thank You very much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom