News Expect closure of Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland to impact Walt Disney World

Piebald

I'm told Chapek is in meetings this weekend about potential Paris closures. It's not there yet, but it could be forced by the French government or even the EU in the days to come (if crowd sizes become part of government mandates). Disney is particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus outbreak due to its public entertainment nature; the damage to the company cannot be overstated given that it makes its largest revenues on theme parks and movies. While you shouldn't panic due to the coronavirus, Disney as a company could take major financial hits over the next few months.
Theres some dude on Facebook who is the admin for a massive Disney group. He copypasta'd this post verbatim as if he was the source 😂

JoeCamel

Governor Newsom said in his press conference yesterday there are currently no plans to declare a statewide emergency. He did, though, state California will expand testing and is working with the CDC to do so.
2nd unknown origin case in the state? Hope it is the last.

JoeCamel

I'm glad more and more doctors are advising against handshakes, whether or not you suspect someone may be sick. There is a growing number of people wanting this practice to go away.

We can still have respect for one another, show friendship/ agreement, and be polite without engaging in this dated tradition.
Yep, I am not pleased when someone offers their hand. A quick pull up with an excuse works for most. Still some think that is the norm and it was at one time, no longer for me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm glad more and more doctors are advising against handshakes, whether or not you suspect someone may be sick. There is a growing number of people wanting this practice to go away.

We can still have respect for one another, show friendship/ agreement, and be polite without engaging in this dated tradition.

Go ahead and shake that hand. It touched the door handle and the top of that chair and desk which you also touched. So, unless you're refraining from touching anything in public or at work, holding off on the handshake isn't providing the protection you're seeking. Furthermore, to be safe, you want to keep a 30 foot buffer around you from anyone else since the virus is aerosolized not only when people cough or sneeze, but even when they breathe or speak.

So... good luck! :D

It's common for people to focus on a few vectors of transmission but forget about so many others. I have a friend who won't touch the pole in a bus or train for fear of germs and yet he will gladly push an elevator button pushed by a hundred other people. He'll wash his hands before eating, but then shake the hand of our server.

thecouch

Nothing wrong if areas or states declare a emergency. Australia has done it. Just means the area that need extra resources and cash can get them quickly.

Lilofan

Elbow bumps instead of handshakes sounds good to me.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Go ahead and shake that hand. It touched the door handle and the top of that chair and desk which you also touched. So, unless you're refraining from touching anything in public or at work, holding off on the handshake isn't providing the protection you're seeking. Furthermore, to be safe, you want to keep a 30 foot buffer around you from anyone else since the virus is aerosolized not only when people cough or sneeze, but even when they breathe or speak.

So... good luck! :D

It's common for people to focus on a few vectors of transmission but forget about so many others. I have a friend who won't touch the pole in a bus or train for fear of germs and yet he will gladly push an elevator button pushed by a hundred other people. He'll wash his hands before eating, but then shake the hand of our server.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom