The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Please keep an eye on it and head to the ER if anything worsens, stones are nothing to mess with. Prayers and pixie dust
No problem. I was told the same thing.

I did get 2 test results back by e-mail from tests I took on Friday. They did show something was wrong including Bacteria culture. X-ray is coming on Thursday and the Urologist on Friday. The Urologist will get the results on the X-ray before my Friday Appointment.

Tony the Tigger

Ack. Haven't gone to bed yet.

Needed to get an order done for merch from the UK so they could ship on Tuesday, and so Tuesday could be my day off. It may still be my day off, but I'll be useless! :rolleyes: :cool:🤪

OTOH, someone brought in a collection to be evaluated late yesterday, and if I take the day off, that won't happen until Wednesday. So we'll see what the (rest of the) morning brings!

I think a nice half-glass of Crown Vanilla will settle me in. Brian gets up for work in 3 hours.

MySmallWorldof4

Wait, what happened to the one that the other girl went to where they have special flyer training and there was no drama? Did she not like that one when you went to watch?
We have not gone yet. I contacted the mom I know yesterday to find out what a good Sunday would be. Things just got worse yesterday. If anyone want to skip this, please feel free. On Saturday all the full year teams had practice like always. The senior team had a meeting. The coach who was made coach of that team organized it. There are 9 kids, 11-17. 11 was the minimum age for senior. Next year it will be 13. Anyway apparently these kids have not been practicing well and there were safety concerns. Because many kids were not wanting to be there they have caused safety concerns with others in terms of kids not doing their job to hold a stunt up, hence a flyer falls, flyer falls on a base and kids get hurt. At the meeting 5 of the kids say they didn't want to go back in January. These are kids who knew about the new gym and therefore wrote themselves off the team in their heads. So the coach wanted to call a meeting of the parents that afternoon. She posted it on the social media the team uses for communication (band), and then all hell broke loose. The gym owner was not informed of this meeting and it was the policy that she be involved in any meeting so she posted there was to be no meeting that day. Parents got ticked at this and one started going off on her in that forum where all could see. It was not pretty. She showed up to get her kid and then started yelling at the gym owner saying she didn’t care about the kids, etc. The coach was in this meeting, she is only 20, and has only been with the gym since summer. Apparently she had been involved with the coaches who had been fired and now I see the signs that were in my face such as the colors she asked the kids to wear to practice. So anyway, the argument ensued and this coach being just 20 wanted to get out of there. She said I’m leaving. The gym owner took that as “I quit”. This brought things to a boil over which lead to chaos on the Band site. That lead to the rumor of the one coach throwing out banners and such that I then squashed amongst my friends when I proved that false. So a meeting was held yesterday evening and the owner said the program was now ended for the cheerleaders. They would not finish the season. She brought up the rumors that were spread, she brought up the rumor of the parents who funded the other gym. Apparently that went on deaf ears. No one said anything to that. I came up with a plan on the spot. I said can we not have every parent and child sign a code of conduct that she could put together and then we would get it notarized. So many parents liked that and the co-owner said that was an idea he was willing to think about and said we will discuss it. Then some people who were part of the problem questioned that. They said what happens when someone breaks it. Umm really? I wish I would have been enough to say why would you even consider that? Are you planning on breaking? I said if you don’t want to sign then don’t come back. Then a dad who is part of the mess started an argument with the owner and that pretty much ended everything. The owner said she was done and the teams are done and everyone would get their money back for the competitions we wouldn’t be attending. I went to a coach and some parents after this meeting and asked, “wasn’t she going for my idea until so and so argued with her?” They said yes and all had sad faces. I contacted the gymnastics coordinator who had been the cheer coordinator prior to this season and told her everything. She told me she was worried this would happen. She said she had a plan that if certain families would leave how she could combine the remaining kids to have at least 2 teams. She said she would speak to the owner today and try and get her to change her mind. I did also say at the meeting that maybe anyone who liked my idea would email the gym and say they would like their kid to continue and would comply with a code of conduct. I did it last night. I went on dd’s team Band (just her teams) and asked others tondo the same. We just need 5 kids and families that are willing to put difference s aside. I think the problems will not do this and only those loyal and just cared about their kids and not the parental pettiness would. A sad thing is that on the senior team is a 17 year old who ages out in May. She will no longer be eligible to be on a senior team anymore and she starts college. This was her last season. Her heart was in this. That poor kid. I am holding out hope that the owner will change her mind.

MySmallWorldof4

@StarWarsGirl I brought up at the parent meeting last night that maybe certain families shouldn’t be brought back in case the team would get back together. Someone jumped down my throat and said so “the owner will get to choose which kid comes back?” This was a problem parent. Other families have been kicked out for bad conduct in the past as well as not paying bills. If the gym owner can prove that they were part of the funding of another gym and they solicited clients from the current gym would the owner have a right to not permit those families to come back? Could you ask your dad? He made it sound discriminatory.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ack. Haven't gone to bed yet.

Needed to get an order done for merch from the UK so they could ship on Tuesday, and so Tuesday could be my day off. It may still be my day off, but I'll be useless! :rolleyes: :cool:🤪

OTOH, someone brought in a collection to be evaluated late yesterday, and if I take the day off, that won't happen until Wednesday. So we'll see what the (rest of the) morning brings!

I think a nice half-glass of Crown Vanilla will settle me in. Brian gets up for work in 3 hours.

Pharmacies down in your area must be different than up here. I've never seen Crown Vanilla sleeping medicine on the shelves up here. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We have not gone yet. I contacted the mom I know yesterday to find out what a good Sunday would be. Things just got worse yesterday. If anyone want to skip this, please feel free. On Saturday all the full year teams had practice like always. The senior team had a meeting. The coach who was made coach of that team organized it. There are 9 kids, 11-17. 11 was the minimum age for senior. Next year it will be 13. Anyway apparently these kids have not been practicing well and there were safety concerns. Because many kids were not wanting to be there they have caused safety concerns with others in terms of kids not doing their job to hold a stunt up, hence a flyer falls, flyer falls on a base and kids get hurt. At the meeting 5 of the kids say they didn't want to go back in January. These are kids who knew about the new gym and therefore wrote themselves off the team in their heads. So the coach wanted to call a meeting of the parents that afternoon. She posted it on the social media the team uses for communication (band), and then all hell broke loose. The gym owner was not informed of this meeting and it was the policy that she be involved in any meeting so she posted there was to be no meeting that day. Parents got ticked at this and one started going off on her in that forum where all could see. It was not pretty. She showed up to get her kid and then started yelling at the gym owner saying she didn’t care about the kids, etc. The coach was in this meeting, she is only 20, and has only been with the gym since summer. Apparently she had been involved with the coaches who had been fired and now I see the signs that were in my face such as the colors she asked the kids to wear to practice. So anyway, the argument ensued and this coach being just 20 wanted to get out of there. She said I’m leaving. The gym owner took that as “I quit”. This brought things to a boil over which lead to chaos on the Band site. That lead to the rumor of the one coach throwing out banners and such that I then squashed amongst my friends when I proved that false. So a meeting was held yesterday evening and the owner said the program was now ended for the cheerleaders. They would not finish the season. She brought up the rumors that were spread, she brought up the rumor of the parents who funded the other gym. Apparently that went on deaf ears. No one said anything to that. I came up with a plan on the spot. I said can we not have every parent and child sign a code of conduct that she could put together and then we would get it notarized. So many parents liked that and the co-owner said that was an idea he was willing to think about and said we will discuss it. Then some people who were part of the problem questioned that. They said what happens when someone breaks it. Umm really? I wish I would have been enough to say why would you even consider that? Are you planning on breaking? I said if you don’t want to sign then don’t come back. Then a dad who is part of the mess started an argument with the owner and that pretty much ended everything. The owner said she was done and the teams are done and everyone would get their money back for the competitions we wouldn’t be attending. I went to a coach and some parents after this meeting and asked, “wasn’t she going for my idea until so and so argued with her?” They said yes and all had sad faces. I contacted the gymnastics coordinator who had been the cheer coordinator prior to this season and told her everything. She told me she was worried this would happen. She said she had a plan that if certain families would leave how she could combine the remaining kids to have at least 2 teams. She said she would speak to the owner today and try and get her to change her mind. I did also say at the meeting that maybe anyone who liked my idea would email the gym and say they would like their kid to continue and would comply with a code of conduct. I did it last night. I went on dd’s team Band (just her teams) and asked others tondo the same. We just need 5 kids and families that are willing to put difference s aside. I think the problems will not do this and only those loyal and just cared about their kids and not the parental pettiness would. A sad thing is that on the senior team is a 17 year old who ages out in May. She will no longer be eligible to be on a senior team anymore and she starts college. This was her last season. Her heart was in this. That poor kid. I am holding out hope that the owner will change her mind.

Good grief! :jawdrop: Think I'll go back to reading calm topics like international relations, floods, fires, and election updates. ;)

Kidding aside, that's quite a situation you outlined above. Haven't a clue how it can get back under control, but the people at the top who are in charge, are clearly not in charge. And its the kids who will lose out in all this. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Getting back to the Grand Canyon, for @21stamps , I think that @93boomer had a good description of what to do out there on vacation.

What I wanted to add was that I was there for a half day only, but my experience was completely different and also fun. I was staying in Vegas for vacation, and took a side-trip (package deal), early one morning. A small plane flew a group of people out to "somewhere" in the Canyon where he landed. (It was a high up area, not down in the lower canyon.) We were met there by local Native Americans (Hualapi, I believe), and they had lunch ready for us. It was so much fun between the ride over the Canyon, meeting our hosts, and taking in the breathtaking views.

So that was my experience! :happy:

Side note: I've read that (some group--maybe a private operator, not sure) have tours in the Canyon where people ride burros, and the tours go way down in the Canyon. Those look very interesting as well. Lastly, one of my brothers did a hike in the Canyon with a Native American guide. That was quite a few years ago, but he loved it!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is rule #2 not to take your husband to the grocery store with you? I needed the frying pan yesterday. "Why are you buying that?" "Why don't you buy this other thing instead?" "But you already have some of that at home." "Can't you just....?" "You don't need that.":banghead::banghead::banghead: Second guessing every single thing. I finally looked at him and said "Or you could just let me do it the way I do it!"
My rule 2 is to not take James. He doesn't suggest other items in place of what's already in the cart but does add everything extra to my cart:rolleyes:

Rista1313

She wants to know if anyone has been to a national park in Michigan.

There is only 1 national park in Michigan, and it's Isle Royale, a little island WAAAAAAY up north. Very rustic, not much to do unless your hunter, fisher, or hiker, and it has the highest population of wolves in the state. A better place to go would be Sleeping Bear Dunes (in the summer) Also, I believe Isle Royale is only accessible by boat.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Oh my goodness how petty of those parents! Shame on them!! While I agree there should be consequences if someone breaks the code of conduct, why would you sign it if you didn't intend to follow it? Have you told your daughter yet? It's so sad that immature parents ruin it for their kids. But I don't understand how the rumor got started about the coach ripping down banners and such? What a MESS! I hope you can finish out the season with just those who really want to be there, and get the problem parents gone. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them after all this! Run fast and run far!

Songbird76

My rule 2 is to not take James. He doesn't suggest other items in place of what's already in the cart but does add everything extra to my cart:rolleyes:
Oh, my husband does that too. He adds whatever HE wants to snack on, but questions every other purchase. And stuff like..I buy cheater lettuce (pre chopped) because I have a very physically demanding job along with everything I do at home. I try to save my energy where I can. Yes, cheater lettuce is more expensive, but it's worth it to me to save time, energy, and inevitably dishes because my husband will forget to put the cutting board into the dishwasher, or he just doesn't bother to do the dishes at all and -I- end up having to do even more. So I go to get the cheater lettuce and he says "Just buy a head of lettuce and cut it yourself." I said "I'm not cutting it. You want to save the money, you get to chop the lettuce." He did, but then I ended up doing the dishes. Again. The thing is he HATES shopping in all forms, so he gets grouchy and expresses himself by trying to micromanage me. If he'd just let me do the dang shopping instead of questioning everything, he'd be out of there so much faster. But he totally wastes time. I grab a net of mandarin oranges, he asks me if I really need that. Yes....that's what E and I eat for snacks. But you already have some in the fridge. Yes....half a net out of the 2 nets I bought less than a week ago...what's left will not last long. But do you have to get them today? You could just get them when you run out. I could, but I'm here right now and I don't want to run out at all. So now we've spent 2 minutes debating whether or not I really needed the mandarins when it would have taken only 10 seconds to grab the net and put it in the basket. And then he goes and grabs bags of chips, or melba toast with schmeer, or sausage. I can't buy cheater lettuce because it's more expensive, but he can buy a bunch of sodium laden junk food for himself that costs 3 times more than the cheater lettuce he won't let me buy. And then he grouches around because I made him cut the lettuce and I end up doing his chore (dishes) because he didn't feel like it. :banghead: I love him, but I can not take the man to the grocery store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom