News Mickey Shorts Theater Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

waltography

I don't mind the theater, but if it were the case that this is to familiarize guests with the new shorts, I don't see why they couldn't integrate the shorts on loop in a section of the queue rather than have it be a standalone experience that I doubt has much pull.

TrainsOfDisney

While I agree it's silly, but didn't people riot at Disneyland when they turned the Main Street Theatre (which shows Mickey Mouse Cartoons all day) into a store. This would imply there is some sort of demand to see this stuff.

I’m all for DHS converting a gift shop into a walk-in movie house. Actually could be kinda cool and very on theme.

If anything it shows how far we’ve fallen.... ya know that concept that has been running since 1955 where guests can walk in to see a Mickey Mouse cartoon? Let’s do that and call it something new and exciting!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The whole idea of a Mickey Shorts Theater is ridiculous... Who wants to waste a portion of their very expensive day watching television cartoons? It also sort of ruins the setup of MMRR... which is going into a theater to watch a Mickey cartoon...
lazy lazy lazy...

I"d consider wasting a portion of my time provided I get free popcorn and some A/C.

Surferboy567

I'm sure it's opening prior to RR due to one of the shorts reflect a build up to said attraction if I recall....

The theater is premiering a exclusive short entitled “vacation fun” I’m not sure if it’s a build up to MMRR since the shorts aren’t really episodic and are often one off stories but I’d imagine given the place it’s debuting and it’s close proximity to the runaway railway it may feature elements.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"March"

And since MMRR is March 4, then if it's supposed to be a intro to the Mickey Shorts' "form", it will have to open sometime between Mar 1 and Mar 4.

Last edited:

brb1006

svdnbhtjky76-624x352.jpg

Rteetz

"March"

And since MMRR is March 5, then if it's supposed to be a intro to the Mickey Shorts' "form", it will have to open sometime between Mar 1 and Mar 5.

MMRR is March 4th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom