News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

I was so excited to get BG11 this morning. Now I’m wallowing in a Fuzzy Tauntaun at 2:30 with no ride...

Smells good on the inside AND outside

74B72B1C-7FB4-486D-8F44-267141F1C125.gif

Kamikaze

Now I'm kinda worried ... is this phone app lottery "the way forward" and likely to be the only way to access new, popular attractions at WDW ... or is it strictly a short-term solution (in scare quotes) to the allegedly "bad" reaction to the opening of Hogwarts at Universal Studios Florida?

Because good old fashioned ride testing, soft openings and "you take your chances" and queuing around the park don't look all that bad compared to freaking out trying to access an attraction lottery via 5 different cell phones.

I'm going to make a modest proposal ... fire at least 1/2 of the app development team and use the budget to add more hands-on engineers and technicians to build more rides. Even if the app developers are all H1Bs and the savings are not very big.

"Yay, more apps!" does not a great vacation make.

This is not how all rides will operate - MMRR is not using BGs. It will depend on the capacities and reliability of attractions as they open. And if (when) they introduce paid FP - all bets are off as to what new attractions will do once that occurs.

MiddKid

So you got one of the first BGs and didn't get on the ride? Is that what I'm reading?
Yup. Ride was down all morning so we went about our day and rode slinky and RNRC. While getting off RNRC it opened. On the way there we stopped and used our Star Tours FPs. Upon exiting ST it was down.
Had lunch at Ronto’s and went over to Rise. Waited 30 min in line then the queue was dumped. Walking over again now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom