News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

This has to be one of the worst days of operation so far. I feel for everyone.
F65A466E-3FE8-4710-80D2-4330D33204F0.gif

disneygeek90

It's almost like this could be predicted. Several days of relatively smooth days in a row and you just get a sense that we're due for a rough one.

MiddKid

After our backstage exit we got our return FPs and headed over to Muppets to scan our burner FP so we could snag one for Tower. I scanned in and the guy didn’t see it so he asked me to scan again. I told him I already did but he insisted I scan again. I scanned again and you guessed it...there went my Rise bonus FP. Agh. Off to the blue Guest Experience tent I had to go.

Touchdown

After our backstage exit we got our return FPs and headed over to Muppets to scan our burner FP so we could snag one for Tower. I scanned in and the guy didn’t see it so he asked me to scan again. I told him I already did but he insisted I scan again. I scanned again and you guessed it...there went my Rise bonus FP. Agh. Off to the blue Guest Experience tent I had to go.

You should have just walked around to the standbye enterance.

KevinPage

Recommendation once RISE FP+ is scanned onto your Magic Band

96D8E3CC-62DE-4065-AA96-19BA1C150E3F.gif

skiir97

If I'm hearing correctly, DL hasn't opened Rise today at its already almost 11:30 their time.

Makes me wonder if they tried to do a software update on both that isn't going well?

Being a software dev my self, this would be my worst nightmare if I worked at Disney (working on a software update for the ride only to have it completely break both rides).

Josh Hendy

... it crashed theirs as well. I had to delete their app too and reinstall for them. I then used my sister’s login information on my own phone to sign into her account and it works beautifully...
Now I'm kinda worried ... is this phone app lottery "the way forward" and likely to be the only way to access new, popular attractions at WDW ... or is it strictly a short-term solution (in scare quotes) to the allegedly "bad" reaction to the opening of Hogwarts at Universal Studios Florida?

Because good old fashioned ride testing, soft openings and "you take your chances" and queuing around the park don't look all that bad compared to freaking out trying to access an attraction lottery via 5 different cell phones.

I'm going to make a modest proposal ... fire at least 1/2 of the app development team and use the budget to add more hands-on engineers and technicians to build more rides. Even if the app developers are all H1Bs and the savings are not very big.

"Yay, more apps!" does not a great vacation make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom