Journey Into Imagination With Figment To Be Replaced With An Inside Out Attraction?

FigmentJedi

Geeze..I still remember the idea of Phineas and Ferb taking over the pavilion when this piece of concept art from Theme park connection started to swim around a few years ago..
BGT0kdcCYAEGnTc.jpg
It was never a full takeover, just putting the Agent P game's headquarters in the old Camera shop.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Didn’t stop them from an investing in a themed restaurant on the Wonder and including it in updates to two DCL productions. Not to mention it being used for an upcoming restaurant at Reflections.
Oh they’ve actually used it...which is surprising considering it made $267,000,000 total on a $105,000,000 budget worldwide.

That isnt a “flop”...but it was objectively terrible for a disney animated tentpole that got the full hype treatment.

It was “consumed by avatar”

I like the movie...but it was actually a precursor to a mistake that has become prevalent for the Iger era Disney studios: attempting to expand the market to smaller demographics that push their traditional mainstream audience away.

I can remember the runup and press for it...they played it wrong. Pity too...good movie

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

No Pixar.
No Muppets.

The Imagination Pavillion already had ( and still partially has ) it's own 'characters' and imaginative concept.
Why does this seem so impossible for the Company to remember?
Surely someone in marketing and merchandising remembers with all of the Dreamfinder throwbacks and Figment exposure over the last few years.
I wouldn't mind the Muppets replacing Nigel IF DONE CORRECTLY. I think the idea is a good one as long as it has a decent budget and includes Figment (and possibly Dreamfinder) in a major role. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd take it over what we currently have or a complete removal.

I mean, if a Muppets and Figment attraction leaned into his resemblance to a certain someone, I could see Dreamfinder being included.

professor_disney

There ARE competing concepts for this pavilion. The interesting ones are based on Inside Out (yes, it's real) and strangely... Muppets. Yes, the idea of Muppet Labs taking over the pavilion to explore Imagination (and moving Muppet Vision 3D there somehow) has been pitched. In that version, it is revealed that "Figment" is a Muppet and was created by Muppet Labs. I know this sounds like something a high schooler thought up, but I can assure you it's a real concept that was floated around.

The funny part is, if they did it right, I think I'd be okay with this. Muppets as explorers of the human imagination seems fun to me.
As a big Muppet fan I love this idea and think if done correctly it could become a classic even without Dreamfinder (yeah I said it). I grew up with Pixar and Inside Out while good, is a movie I don't revisit that often and honestly wouldn't really care for as an attraction. Though finally getting a Muppet ride after all these years would be a dream come true, I could see this as a Muppet Vision 3D the ride type of deal with no 3D obviously.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a big Muppet fan I love this idea and think if done correctly it could become a classic even without Dreamfinder (yeah I said it). I grew up with Pixar and Inside Out while good, is a movie I don't revisit that often and honestly wouldn't really care for as an attraction. Though finally getting a Muppet ride after all these years would be a dream come true, I could see this as a Muppet Vision 3D the ride type of deal with no 3D obviously.
So if Muppet vision 3d is brought over to EPCOT what happens to the building and land at Hollywood Studios?
The muppets are just not that popular...yet Disney keeps going to the well.

How long would a muppet pavilion be popular in Epcot?

Think about this. I think they’re fine in limited spots/uses as is

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you underestimate how much people love the Muppets. Also I don't believe they go to that well enough and i'm sure a lot of people would agree.
Yeah, look at all the people and how much they hate Sesame Street in Sea World.. :rolleyes:

_dsc6318.jpg
I know right? People love the Muppets and Sesame Street. Its such a shame Disney hasn't done more with the Muppets.
I live close to sesame place, kids...I get that.

Disney doesn’t have the rights to CTW

But Disney has had a romance with muppets since 1988 that hasn’t produced much fruit.

The second muppet movie tanked...the series tanked.

This isn’t a controversial take...just saying a muppet overlay In Epcot is bad. And they’d never do it anyway

The Grand Inquisitor

I live close to sesame place, kids...I get that.

Disney doesn’t have the rights to CTW

But Disney has had a romance with muppets since 1988 that hasn’t produced much fruit.

The second muppet movie tanked...the series tanked.

This isn’t a controversial take...just saying a muppet overlay In Epcot is bad. And they’d never do it anyway
Oh sorry about that. I wasn't saying Disney should do stuff with Sesame Street. I know Disney doesn't own them. I don't want a muppets overlay in EPCOT. I want them to stay at Hollywood Studios. But if the Muppets did replace what we have at the Imagination Pavilion I wouldn't be that upset.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh sorry about that. I wasn't saying Disney should do stuff with Sesame Street. I know Disney doesn't own them. I don't want a muppets overlay in EPCOT. I want them to stay at Hollywood Studios. But if the Muppets did replace what we have at the Imagination Pavilion I wouldn't be that upset.
The only thing I'm stating is that people like the muppets no matter where they came from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom