News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

HolleBolleGijs

Got mid-60s, so maybe afternoon to evening sometime it’ll be called. My app as of 7:30 doesn’t show them having started calling any BG, not sure if that’s reality or not. Hope they didn’t start the day with ride issues.

I don’t show any boarding groups called either. It’s been working out for us with such an early boarding group, as were able to head right to Smuggler’s Run and get a ride in before ROTR!

EDIT: I stand corrected! Calling groups 3-4.

Weather_Lady

Try removing from the mde app on your phone. I had issues with my parents' profiles on the website with the same error message. I was able to do do it on the the phone. On Android, that is the bottom right most button (hamburger button) > My Profile > Family & Friends List

THANK YOU!! That worked! You just saved me a good 30 minutes on the phone today. 😘😘😘

HolleBolleGijs

To my knowledge, all AAs were working this morning. But this was my first time riding, so I don’t know for sure!

The only issue I noticed was...

During the interrogation, the audio wasn’t synced correctly. Obviously it didn’t really matter for Kylo’s dialogue, but super noticeable when Hux spoke.

HolleBolleGijs

Someone this morning please update on the status of Kylo 😫

The AA started facing the opposite direction, there was some dialogue, and then someone told him we escaped. He turned and responded, “That’s brave m, there’s no way out” or something to that effect. Shortly after, on the screen, he walked forward and drew his lightsaber. Don’t know if that’s A-mode or not!

gerarar

Premium Member
The AA started facing the opposite direction, there was some dialogue, and then someone told him we escaped. He turned and responded, “That’s brave m, there’s no way out” or something to that effect. Shortly after, on the screen, he walked forward and drew his lightsaber. Don’t know if that’s A-mode or not!
If Kylo on the bridge (he is with General Hux) turns around, that's A-mode.
Then if Kylo with his lightsaber starts walking towards you and the doors shut, that's A-mode as well. Oh and btw, it's a moving screen of Kylo, the lightsaber is a physical prop!
The last Kylo is before you escape. If you see an AA then a wall comes down with lots of wind blowing, that's A-mode. B-mode is when the screen on the side is used and the AA makes no show.

Hope this helps!

HolleBolleGijs

If Kylo on the bridge (he is with General Hux) turns around, that's A-mode.
Then if Kylo with his lightsaber starts walking towards you and the doors shut, that's A-mode as well. Oh and btw, it's a moving screen of Kylo, the lightsaber is a physical prop!
The last Kylo is before you escape. If you see an AA then a wall comes down with lots of wind blowing, that's A-mode. B-mode is when the screen on the side is used and the AA makes no show.

Hope this helps!

Definitely B-mode on the last one! Thanks for the fun fact about the lightsaber!

disneygeek90

spicy, fuego take: B-Mode final kylo is better than A-Mode final kylo

I can’t believe I still hate how goofy that scene is
Nahhh, I disagree with you there. There’s really no sense of urgency in B mode. He’s not standing right in front of you and it doesn’t feel like you need to get out of there after he explodes. With the blown out side of the ship and with the wind and sirens, it sells it way better that you need to get out right now.

RSoxNo1

I know Disney is surveying about the boarding group process. I think it has to remain until the attraction is reliably at 80%+. I do think this should be first come, first serve and somehow be linked to where you are in line once again, but I understand the push to have everything open at 7.

What I would suggest in addition to the boarding groups is a lottery system for the backup groups. Make it so the lottery is open until a certain time of day (say noon for example) and allow you to enter your entire group in the lottery at once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom