Any rumors or guesses as to when RotR will...

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
...stop using the boarding group process?

And while we are at it, any rumors or guesses as to when FP+ might become available for this attraction?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

DisneyJoe

Ride operations must become much more reliable ie not break as often - and they need to get throughput (guest per hour) up closer to the theoretical max - I believe around 1700/guests per hour? I believe I have heard they are only at 700-800/hour now?

Kamikaze

Ride operations must become much more reliable ie not break as often - and they need to get throughput (guest per hour) up closer to the theoretical max - I believe around 1700/guests per hour? I believe I have heard they are only at 700-800/hour now?

Martin has said that THRC is over 2000/hr.

It depends on the day as to what they get through lately. Been all over the place Its not hard to figure out. BGs are 100 people, if they do 130 BGs, thats 13,000. If its a 13 hr day, thats 13,000/13 or 1000/hr average. Obviously this counts people who get BGs and don't ride for whatever reason, but its close enough.

To answer the question: Its going to be a long time. If you're planning a trip, assume they will be using BGs and nothing else. That way you have a plan and then can adapt to anything new, rather than plan on something that might not happen like FP.

TrainsOfDisney

I wonder who is pushing for what?

Is park management happy with having to open early and have extra staffing in the morning?
Does upper management want FP+ to encourage resort bookings?

To me the ride isn’t open yet, it’s basically in soft open / preview mode. Once it’s ready to open it should go into flight of passage mode where standby is 3 hours but you can enter the line up until park close. That way everyone CAN ride the ride, you just have to wait a long time.

Moka

Once it’s ready to open it should go into flight of passage mode where standby is 3 hours but you can enter the line up until park close. That way everyone CAN ride the ride, you just have to wait a long time.
Yeah, I’d rather have this. I save the extremely long waits for closing time anyways so honestly I don’t feel like I’m wasting time during the day.

Soccerbrad

Martin has said that THRC is over 2000/hr.

It depends on the day as to what they get through lately. Been all over the place Its not hard to figure out. BGs are 100 people, if they do 130 BGs, thats 13,000. If its a 13 hr day, thats 13,000/13 or 1000/hr average. Obviously this counts people who get BGs and don't ride for whatever reason, but its close enough.

To answer the question: Its going to be a long time. If you're planning a trip, assume they will be using BGs and nothing else. That way you have a plan and then can adapt to anything new, rather than plan on something that might not happen like FP.
Sorry stupid question-what does THRC stand for? Guessing **Ride Capacity but can’t figure out the first two letters

UNCgolf

Sorry stupid question-what does THRC stand for? Guessing **Ride Capacity but can’t figure out the first two letters

Theoretical hourly ride capacity.

Basically the numbers they could reach if the ride was functioning perfectly and everyone boarded and was dispatched in the shortest possible amount of time. It's basically impossible for any ride to ever reach that number (I'm guessing the old EPCOT omnimovers were able to come the closest).

Soccerbrad

Theoretical hourly ride capacity.

Basically the numbers they could reach if the ride was functioning perfectly and everyone boarded and was dispatched in the shortest possible amount of time. It's basically impossible for any ride to ever reach that number (I'm guessing the old EPCOT omnimovers were able to come the closest).
Thanks!!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
..but they don’t expect to hit It. Just over 1700 is the target.

They've come closeish two or three days so far. Only to not even hit 40% the next day.
Martin what is the cause of this fluctuation from day to day? Is it just simply that the ride is going down more on some days than it is on others? Or is there something more to it than that?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom