News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Animaniac93-98

With the BatB sing-along, we can now realize this theater's true potential! Impressions de Steaming!

IDS.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Sooner or later they are going to do this with the Frozen SAL with the addition of the sequels songs added and Olaf will just narrate it removing the live actors to save a dime....I bet you..

TrainsOfDisney

“Hey people like our cheap frozen sing along show, let’s put one in France!”
“Great idea, but let’s make it even more cheap”

In addition to the live actors, frozen also features special effects like fog, cryo, and snow. This is really really bad. I couldn’t believe that they didn’t even use the full screen!!!

Animaniac93-98

lazyboy97o

The whole idea of "our customers will love anything we do because they love Disney" is what got us DCA 2001, WDSP 2002 and HKDL 2005.

Amazing how they don't remember their own lessons from less than 20 years ago. Too bad there's no Disney documentary explaining all this.
Except now there is a whole cadre of theme park “fans“ who will gush and rave for anything, moreso if it means attacking qualities that once made DisneyParks unique amongst themselves and the industry.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Except now there is a whole cadre of theme park “fans“ who will bush and rave for anything, moreso if it means attacking qualities that once made DisneyParks unique amongst themselves and the industry.

I don't think it's a case of there's more of them, than they have a platform to make their voices louder. Such is the internet.

Disney bribing hand-picked influencers with goodies doesn't help either.

trainplane3

Until the 4K UHD disc is released on March 10th

See...that's nice and all but the budget only covered a regular blu-ray player. Now they'll have to wait 5 years to get a budget that will let them get a Ultra HD blu-ray player.

rreading

Side question but why not just go to Paris to see the real thing? Heck it probably cost less than a trip to Disney.

I assume that's a tongue-in-cheek joke?

obvious answers: Time to travel. Jet lag. Only want to get a taste of France rather than a week long experience. Kids do better enjoying culture mixed into a theme park but sets them up for real culture as they mature.

But you're right - they may cost the same in money...but there's more real-world cost to going to France

UNCgolf

I assume that's a tongue-in-cheek joke?

obvious answers: Time to travel. Jet lag. Only want to get a taste of France rather than a week long experience. Kids do better enjoying culture mixed into a theme park but sets them up for real culture as they mature.

But you're right - they may cost the same in money...but there's more real-world cost to going to France

Also, you'd have to go to France for several weeks to see everything shown in IDF. It's not like it all takes place in or near Paris.

Beyond that, it's fun to watch giant, detailed videos of beautiful locations, especially when set to an excellent score. Even if you've seen those places in person before.

Magic Feather

The whole idea of "our customers will love anything we do because they love Disney" is what got us DCA 2001, WDSP 2002 and HKDL 2005.

Amazing how they don't remember their own lessons from less than 20 years ago. Too bad there's no Disney documentary explaining all this.
Disney has never had the "our customers will love anything we do because they love Disney" mentality. That is a comedic misunderstanding of how the company views its customers. They know that the market is always changing, and they try to change with it. Unfortunately, these changes don’t always favor the preferences of theme park aficionados, like us. As much as we may groan at the newest Spirit Jersey and color trend, there are still thousands of people who genuinely enjoy those things. While I may not always agree with the motivations for wanting those things, it is not my right nor place to judge them for such things.
The examples that you mentioned to prove your point were the result of a different flaw: the belief that all 2nd+ gates should intentionally play second fiddle to the castle parks. The only reason why we got TDS in that same time period was because OLC specifically requested and pushed past the half-day park proposals in favor of something on a similar scale to an MK.
The only example you have that lends a shred of credibility to your point is HKDL. However, it’s failure was mostly the result of budget cuts and misreading the Hong Kong Audience on a level greater than “they don’t just like it because it’s Disney.”

So, bringing it back to the B&tB Sing-Along: No, this was not the result of “they’ll like it because it’s Disney,” but instead the result of the directives and limits they were given. These were including, but not limited to, putting an Intellectual Property in the IdF Theater, no alterations to the theater other than new projectors, new projectors, limited budget, no actors, etc. This was the best that they thought they could do given the constraints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom