The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

Just popping in to say that, while rewatching the D+ The Mandalorian , I think that this, condensed into a movie timespan, or something like it that also relied on essential storytelling based in emotion over spectacle, yet supported with just enough spectacle, is the way Disney should have approached their reboot of the film franchise. It feels far closer to Star Wars roots than those over-inflated attempts.

This small screen endeavor is far better than the Disney tentpole SW films.
The Mandalorian is focused, features compelling characters, and explores the SW universe in a believable, logical way. The New Trilogy is a ridiculous corporate committee mess, birthed without a plan and running around onscreen like a chicken with its head cut off screaming “Please buy our merchandise!!!”

Phroobar

The Mandalorian is focused, features compelling characters, and explores the SW universe in a believable, logical way. The New Trilogy is a ridiculous corporate committee mess, birthed without a plan and running around onscreen like Jar Jar a chicken with its head cut off screaming “Please buy our merchandise!!!”
The sequel trilogy is the Jar Jar of the franchise.

solidyne

You wanted a ride like the Mexico boat ride? I remember it being one of the worst ever, with cliff divers being projected on a screen and even a screen on the floor showing a scuba diver, culminating in a bizarre bootleg it's a small world scene. It smelled good though.
Ha, let me rephrase:
"...hoping it was like my childhood memories of Rio del Tiempo..."
Of course, my memory puts cliff diver projections in If You Had Wings. Unreliable.

D.Silentu

I can't remember if this has come to our attention before, but while looking up Tommorowland concept art I noticed some unfortunately coincidental naming. Observe the article at top right:
Jeff Eps.jpg

Curious Constance

The Mandalorian is focused, features compelling characters, and explores the SW universe in a believable, logical way. The New Trilogy is a ridiculous corporate committee mess, birthed without a plan and running around onscreen like a chicken with its head cut off screaming “Please buy our merchandise!!!”
Dude, that was a really good post you just had there. Good job!

Practical Pig

At this point I agree completely. I haven't seen TROS yet due to an injury, but I can't say I'm much interested either. I'll wait until it's in the home market now.

The Mandalorian managed to achieve something none of the Disney SW films accomplished. It made me care about the lives it depicted, as much or more as I did in the original trilogy. And it did it while ...

Not showing the protagonist's face, and facial expressions for most of the series.

And also ...
Baby Yoda, an inexpensive old-school puppet, is the best thing Disney has contributed to the canon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom