News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Parker in NYC

you are also reading a sub culture of people on this site who are dead set against swge in Disneyland In the dlr forum

A land and attraction hyped up for 3 and a half years (more/less?) opens incomplete. Headliner doesn’t open. Falcon fizzles. Then, headliner opens with pathetic capacity, operational issues, and a panic-inducing lottery system. Not to mention the poor aftertaste of the original land opening which already contributes to the apathy.

SoFloMagic

You know, it should be a 1 day park hopper, for the simple fact that many people make their plans for which park they are going to months in advance, and might already have ADRs and FP+ already selected, but not everyone has the Park Hopper option. This would give you the opportunity to go to HS first thing in the morning, use the FP+ to ride ROTR and then hop to your originally planned park.
Across the bottom of every page it says that even regular boarding groups are not guaranteed admission. I think the fastpass alone is enough compensation and the ticket is just gravy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A land and attraction hyped up for 3 and a half years (more/less?) opens incomplete. Headliner doesn’t open. Falcon fizzles. Then, headliner opens with pathetic capacity, operational issues, and a panic-inducing lottery system. Not to mention the poor aftertaste of the original land opening which already contributes to the apathy.

All stuff that has nothing to do with what was quoted...

disneygeek90

Not true, I know someone who had his group yesterday at 6:47 even though they were saying park opening, people have realized they can get in early, my cousin was not the first one in either, he only tried because he saw the person next to him get a group.
I have been there 5 days this month including twice this weekend. I can assure you that groups aren't opening early. Everyone stands around and is staring at their phone at 6:59 while join boarding group is greyed out waiting until the clock hits 7. There are no cheers around the park until then when groups unlock.

Parker in NYC

you have other news sites that cover the individual poster personalities of wdwmagic? Fantastic...

Print articles, podcasts, other forums, YouTube, Twitter, etc. If the groupthink (ugh, that word) is consistent across the board... maybe... just maybe... there’s an informal consensus. Also, there is something called an archive.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Print articles, podcasts, other forums, YouTube, Twitter, etc. If the groupthink (ugh, that word) is consistent across the board... maybe... just maybe... there’s an informal consensus. Also, there is something called an archive.
You really should try reading what is in a post before you decide what to reply. You’ve missed the core points over and over. Its about the audience on this site....

ninjaprincesst

I have been there 5 days this month including twice this weekend. I can assure you that groups aren't opening early. Everyone stands around and is staring at their phone at 6:59 while join boarding group is greyed out waiting until the clock hits 7. There are no cheers around the park until then when groups unlock.
Well people are getting them early, so may not be offical but they are getting them I sure would not wait to 6:59 to start trying, when we went in December they were telling people wait 2 to 5 minutes after everyone in your group is scanned in to try, I ignored that and started trying while my daughter was still scanning in, by the time she walked away from the turnstile I already had us a boarding group.

gerarar

Premium Member
To be fair, there were cheers when the chime came on the PA, followed by the announcement about ROTR and it's BG process....at least when I was there Christmas week.

That was one of the highlights of the BG experience/process for me, other than the actual countdown to park opening when everyone would tap. Everyone is cheerful and happy (while stressing on the inside lol)

ninjaprincesst

To be fair, there were cheers when the chime came on the PA, followed by the announcement about ROTR and it's BG process....at least when I was there Christmas week.

That was one of the highlights of the BG experience/process for me, other than the actual countdown to park opening when everyone would tap. Everyone is cheerful and happy (while stressing on the inside lol)
i am being told by many people who live there and have gone many times, be brave go rouge, most of the time you will be rewarded you may have to try 20 times but its worth it when it works the 21st time .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom