Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

TrainsOfDisney

For what it’s worth, the ceilings in the AT-AT room do not look themed. I noticed them on the 2nd ride through and not because I was looking for flaws. I think it’s a pretty great ride and a really great total experience.

Mickeyboof

Has anyone been able to confirm the reason(s) for why this goes 101? The elevators? Something on the floor messing with the trackless ride vehicle?

I heard it was because of Hurricane Dorian.

Hagrid’s reportedly had issues with their elevators. I wonder if it’s the nature of the beast- elevators would make sense for Rise.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Re: "hallways" discussion

Something RotR does better than any other attraction I can think of is emulate a realistic physical space with no abstract scenes. By abstract scenes, I mean, a standard dark ride where the flow of the scenes you see doesn't necessarily make realistic sense. For instance, each individual scene in Haunted Mansion looks convincing and real, but what you travel through could not fit in the physical constraints of a real mansion. Also, as mentioned, every inch of RotR is themed from top to bottom, whereas very few dark rides theme the ceiling or only theme it in some sections.

TrainsOfDisney

Also, as mentioned, every inch of RotR is themed from top to bottom, whereas very few dark rides theme the ceiling or only theme it in some sections.

I think rise is great. But I don’t think it does a better job of theming from top to bottom then mansion, Pirates, tower of terror, or splash mountain. I’m trying to remember if radiator springs has a themed ceiling but the fact that I don’t remember it is a good sign.

What it does do a great job of is the ride vehicles don’t seem like ride vehicles. That’s a combo of the boarding, the droids, the trackless system, the seat belt vs. a lap bar... it just seems like a transporter on a spaceship and not a ride vehicle. Many ride vehicles (wizarding world, flight of passage, doom buggy) are pretty contrived.

Stripes

For what it’s worth, the ceilings in the AT-AT room do not look themed. I noticed them on the 2nd ride through and not because I was looking for flaws. I think it’s a pretty great ride and a really great total experience.
The AT-AT room's ceiling is themed in the same manner as the ceiling in the hangar room.

Epcot_Imagineer

So we finally rode (experienced?) Rise yesterday...WOW i thought it was amazing!! However, 5 out of 10 adults in my family perferred MFSR 🤪...So does anyone have any experience with dis-owning family members midway through a vavation??? (JK) 😉
I will admit, after riding MF:SR, I didn't understand the over-the-top hate. The bashing online almost made me skip the 80 minute line, but after rising... it's a really fun experience. Obviously not a tie with RotR, but fun nonetheless! I was the pilot so maybe being up-front for the first ride-through didn't sour the experience for me.

Darth Snips

I will admit, after riding MF:SR, I didn't understand the over-the-top hate. The bashing online almost made me skip the 80 minute line, but after rising... it's a really fun experience. Obviously not a tie with RotR, but fun nonetheless! I was the pilot so maybe being up-front for the first ride-through didn't sour the experience for me.
I think it's easy for stuff like that to kinda spiral online. I feel like the reactions to SR began as "This ride is not a headliner" before gradually devolving into "This ride sucks".

I agree with you; it is a very fun ride! I know the go-to analogy is Rise=FoP and Falcon=NRJ, but I actually prefer a different comparison. If RotR is the modern day equivalent of Pirates or Haunted Mansion, I think Falcon is the equivalent of an old Fantasyland dark ride (Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, etc.). It's obviously not as big in scope or scale, but it is genuinely magical and charming, especially if you're a fan of the movies.

For anyone wondering how today's operations are going, I arrived around 5:30, and the line was already long! They then let us into Main Street at about 5:50, but boarding groups haven't opened yet. They just made an announcement that boarding groups won't open until 8:00, but we'll see if that actually happens.

Attachments

• IMG_20200117_052858.jpg
    IMG_20200117_052858.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20200117_061245.jpg
    IMG_20200117_061245.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 77

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think rise is great. But I don’t think it does a better job of theming from top to bottom then mansion, Pirates, tower of terror, or splash mountain. I’m trying to remember if radiator springs has a themed ceiling but the fact that I don’t remember it is a good sign.

What it does do a great job of is the ride vehicles don’t seem like ride vehicles. That’s a combo of the boarding, the droids, the trackless system, the seat belt vs. a lap bar... it just seems like a transporter on a spaceship and not a ride vehicle. Many ride vehicles (wizarding world, flight of passage, doom buggy) are pretty contrived.

Radiator Springs Racers does not have a ceiling and has very visible lighting fixtures.

I agree with the op, I can't really think of another dark ride that is as completely themed as Rise. You can check out a 360 video here, any direction you look, it is themed...

Epcot_Imagineer

For anyone wondering how today's operations are going, I arrived around 5:30, and the line was already long! They then let us into Main Street at about 5:50, but boarding groups haven't opened yet. They just made an announcement that boarding groups won't open until 8:00, but we'll see if that actually happens.
Were boarding groups supposed to open earlier?

Prototype82

I am so excited to finally check out this attraction. So I know how boarding groups work, when to be there...My buddy asked if you need an annual pass to gain admission to the park's "unofficial" opening time. I would assume not.

disneygeek90

I am so excited to finally check out this attraction. So I know how boarding groups work, when to be there...My buddy asked if you need an annual pass to gain admission to the park's "unofficial" opening time. I would assume not.
Nope, any ticket is valid when they begin allowing people in.

aluisi

Question for you. I have been trying to figure out when I should go and where I should park. I live about 15 min from Disneyland. So parking Micky / Pixar? What would be a good time to arrive? I want to be in the park and not stuck outside the gates when the boarding pass goes live.

Thanks

Question for you. I have been trying to figure out when I should go and where I should park. I live about 15 min from Disneyland. So parking Micky / Pixar? What would be a good time to arrive? I want to be in the park and not stuck outside the gates when the boarding pass goes live.

Thanks
I don't know about parking, I took the bus. But I would get here ASAP. There's already a lot of people here and boarding groups are gonna go fast once they open up at 8:00.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom