Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Me thinks that you are greatly giving way to little credit to the feminine mystique. The history books are packed with things that men have done that they never would have thought of on their own. We aren't that deep.

My hunch is that Harry's mother's issues with the paparazzi, and the car crash that took her life, still haunt him. I'm just speculating that he was seeing a bit of a repeat with some of these problems, toward his own wife. Guessing that maybe he decided to explore a different path for their own lives.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My hunch is that Harry's mother's issues with the paparazzi, and the car crash that took her life, still haunt him. I'm just speculating that he was seeing a bit of a repeat with some of these problems, toward his own wife. Guessing that maybe he decided to explore a different path for their own lives.
He’s not going to be king. He’s stated that they wish to pay their own way. Why should he have to dance attendance on the Palace’s every demand?

I believe he has a sizeable trust fund from his mother’s estate. He should continue to receive money from the Royal Trust only for royal duties performed, and that’s it - leave him be.

I’m not a huge MM fan, but HE is; so more power to them. Let them be happy together ... wherever that may be*.

* Their two dogs have arrived in Canada this weekend, so it looks like they’re here for a while. Archie stayed here while the two of them returned to the UK, so you could be darn sure they were coming back after their announcement. 😂

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He’s not going to be king. He’s stated that they wish to pay their own way. Why should he have to dance attendance on the Palace’s every demand?

I believe he has a sizeable trust fund from his mother’s estate. He should continue to receive money from the Royal Trust only for royal duties performed, and that’s it - leave him be.

I’m not a huge MM fan, but HE is; so more power to them. Let them be happy together ... wherever that may be*.

* Their two dogs have arrived in Canada this weekend, so it looks like they’re here for a while. Archie stayed here while the two of them returned to the UK, so you could be darn sure they were coming back after their announcement. 😂

Absolutely. Let them be happy, and it appears as though the Queen has given her blessing today, in a formal statement released to the BBC. And as you mentioned, he has a ton of money -- not like they'll end up homeless in Canada! :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

It's a no brainer actually. I think I have much more respect for him then I had before. He's not in line for anything except a lifetime of criticism. They will have King Chuck followed by King William. Going by the longevity of the Windsor's I'd say they are good for around another 65 years or more. (and that might be just with Elizabeth)

PUSH

Original Poster
There is a winter weather advisory from 6am to noon tomorrow. A dusting of snow, but freezing rain is the biggest concern, which doesn't mix well with a dusting of snow. I would be okay with a snow day. If it goes as projected (which nothing has so far this snow season), it would not be done until it's too late to go to school.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I made an appointment to show an inventory house this weekend, but we are also expecting some caca weather, so I gave the guy my business card and wrote my personal cell phone number on it.

Before I handed it to him, I said, “This is my personal number. You are not to call me ... we are not friends ... you are only to text me if something comes up and you can’t make it”.

He then asked if he should burn the card after our appointment.

I said yes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mike has had a cold for more than two weeks now that he just cannot shake. My surgery is in three weeks.

Last night, after listening to him blow and blow, and sneeze and sneeze, I said, “Honey, until you’re better, you can’t kiss me on the mouth”.

And while I appreciate that he wasn’t at all offended, it would have been nice if there’d been at least a microsecond before he said, “kay”.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mike has had a cold for more than two weeks now that he just cannot shake. My surgery is in three weeks.

Last night, after listening to him blow and blow, and sneeze and sneeze, I said, “Honey, until you’re better, you can’t kiss me on the mouth”.

And while I appreciate that he wasn’t at all offended, it would have been nice if there’d been at least a microsecond before he said, “kay”.

Generally speaking, it's a good idea for him to hold off kissing until he's over the cold. But in reality, his germs are all over the house now anyway, so it's probably more of a moot point. Also, (and I can't recall the source I read for this), aren't people no longer contagious to others, after 7 days of a cold? Just a random thought here.

I hope he feels better soon. I had a cold last year that just hung on and on, for almost 4 weeks. Bizarre.

NYwdwfan

Not sure what to make of this:

I've said many times that I'm convinced the Elsa and Anna animator collector dolls in my basement are going to come after me one of these days. The first thing I do when I bring laundry down is make sure those creepy dolls are in their boxes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not sure what to make of this:

I've said many times that I'm convinced the Elsa and Anna animator collector dolls in my basement are going to come after me one of these days. The first thing I do when I bring laundry down is make sure those creepy dolls are in their boxes.
Have they tried burning it?

NYwdwfan

Have they tried burning it?

From a different article - the article I posted made it sound like the doll made its way back from Michigan but it's still on the hood of the Jeep:

"Either the doll is haunted or some crazy psychopath has dug the doll out of the garbage (that was already taken away) and broken into my house/property multiple times,'' she wrote. "I am going to go with the haunted thing."

She also addressed why she didn't just burn the doll, as many people suggested.

"Because it does no good,'' she wrote. "If there is something in the doll, it will come out. You can’t destroy what’s inside. Honestly I don’t know if any of this junk is true. But I wanted the doll off my property ASAP. I was tired of it coming back and hiding in weird places."

Madonia is just happy the doll is taped to a Jeep on the other side of the country.

"In the end, I’m just a mom and a violinist and a wife and a normal person who doesn’t want to be forever known as 'the haunted doll lady,''' she wrote. "I am fascinated by the unknown though and this whole experience has been pretty entertaining. But I am extremely happy the doll is not here anymore and I hope to God it stays that way."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom