Riviera

correcaminos

It feels like the place where your rich mother in-law who hates Disney but wants to go on vacation with the grandkids would stay. The most obvious features of the central courtyard are the adult pool and a bocce court. The architecture and furnishings feel like a 55+ neighborhood built by Toll Brothers.
Thank you! This was the first time I heard it used like that and had no idea where to go. I plan to visit it in a few months. No one in my party either trip we have planned wanted to stay based on pics though.
It's used as an insult to dismiss or mock anything related to those over 55. LOL usually it's used when the youngin is mad that the boomer has more money and more benefits then they do but basically it's meant to say the person is old, out of touch and what they like is unimportant. pretty much how we treat the seniors in this country. lol

I have not been to Riviera yet so not going to bash it. Most folks here hate it which is not surprising, but it has been well received on other sites. I have heard the complaint about being able to see the Caribbean beach resort. I only know one person who's been and they like it. did say that it was more "adult" which was a plus for them.

I'll be down in March not staying there but I'll go peek to see what all the boohaw is about.
I know what Okay Boomer means in modern slang, just that use I couldn't see how that fit a hotel lol However it's not for *all* those over 55+ it really is meant for those nearing or just entering the retirement years. I've seen someone use it to insult their 80 year old neighbor only to have everyone laugh at them for using it wrong. The silent generation is a totally different mindset than the boomers and not all boomers are seniors. But the mindset is what people poke fun of more. Having parents from the silent generation, being GenX and raising GenZ offspring I find the whole Boomer-Millenial fight to be funny.

eliza61nyc

Thank you! This was the first time I heard it used like that and had no idea where to go. I plan to visit it in a few months. No one in my party either trip we have planned wanted to stay based on pics though.

I know what Okay Boomer means in modern slang, just that use I couldn't see how that fit a hotel lol However it's not for *all* those over 55+ it really is meant for those nearing or just entering the retirement years. I've seen someone use it to insult their 80 year old neighbor only to have everyone laugh at them for using it wrong. The silent generation is a totally different mindset than the boomers and not all boomers are seniors. But the mindset is what people poke fun of more. Having parents from the silent generation, being GenX and raising GenZ offspring I find the whole Boomer-Millenial fight to be funny.
But no matter the age it's used as a derogatory term. Basically the person saying it's for old people with more money than taste, style or sense. I just reference 55 because poster mentioned 55 adult communities
I'm under 60 and retiring thanks to wise decision and sacrificing, so if someone wants to throw shade at me , I laugh too. 240 days to go. 🥳🎉

It's all good, O have not been there yet so I can't say anything for or against

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's used as an insult to dismiss or mock anything related to those over 55. LOL usually it's used when the youngin is mad that the boomer has more money and more benefits then they do but basically it's meant to say the person is old, out of touch and what they like is unimportant. pretty much how we treat the seniors in this country. lol

I have not been to Riviera yet so not going to bash it. Most folks here hate it which is not surprising, but it has been well received on other sites. I have heard the complaint about being able to see the Caribbean beach resort. I only know one person who's been and they like it. did say that it was more "adult" which was a plus for them.

I'll be down in March not staying there but I'll go peek to see what all the boohaw is about.
Jesus

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
But no matter the age it's used as a derogatory term. Basically the person saying it's for old people with more money than taste, style or sense. I just reference 55 because poster mentioned 55 adult communities
I'm under 60 and retiring thanks to wise decision and sacrificing, so if someone wants to throw shade at me , I laugh too. 240 days to go. 🥳🎉

@CaptainAmerica

Aren't you so angry Eliza has more money then you?

correcaminos

Oh I know it's not kind... like I said I understand the meaning. Just not how to describe a resort LOL That was truly a first for me.

I laugh at it all anyway. The GenXers used to be equally as unkind to their Silent Generation groups, we just didn't have the internet to make it a meme with white cats ;)

Seanual757

The Skyline IMHO is super close a quick walk outside from the courtyard to the Skyliner (BTW we love the Skyliner).

We liked this better than Copper Creek for the rooms we do enjoy the lobby area yes not much Disney in the hotel (you have to look) it feels more like a hotel in Vegas. Needless to say we were ok adding points to this resort so we could get our 50 years, extra membership. We have our 1st say over Labor day weekend in a 2 BR. We still Enjoy staying at AKL the most we have 2 trips planned for AKL Jambo house this year.

Weather_Lady

The interiors look absolutely lovely to me.

In contrast, the exterior and outdoor areas (pool, landscaping) look like a tiny, sad, unsuccessful knock-off of Universal Orlando's Portofino Bay resort. Even the concept drawings, which usually make things look bigger and more lavish than they are in real life, look small, sterile and uninviting.

We hope to take a trip on the Skyliner and check it out in person in a few weeks. I'll return here to edit my impressions if the occasion demands.

Last edited:

Minthorne

I'm re-posted my long and in-depth review of the impression of the Riviera Resort here.

1578941780597.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Counter-point to my Riviera hate, lest I be considered a millennial who's just too much of a Poor to enjoy the finer (see: more expensive) things in life or a doom-and-gloomer who bashes all things WDW. I just spent half the day in Galaxy's Edge and it was the greatest theme park experience of my life. I spent $200 on a child's toy and I walked away with a giant grin on my face. Kudos to Disney and congrats on earning my money.

Also, the metal gift cards they give out are a fantastic "Disney difference" thing. Very impressed with the quality and creativity.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Counter-point to my Riviera hate, lest I be considered a millennial who's just too much of a Poor to enjoy the finer (see: more expensive) things in life or a doom-and-gloomer who bashes all things WDW. I just spent half the day in Galaxy's Edge and it was the greatest theme park experience of my life. I spent $200 on a child's toy and I walked away with a giant grin on my face. Kudos to Disney and congrats on earning my money.

Also, the metal gift cards they give out are a fantastic "Disney difference" thing. Very impressed with the quality and creativity.
Have not been to Galaxy Edge yet. My folks were just there over the holidays and they raved about it though. I am very excited to see it for myself. Makes me happy to hear Disney has hit this one out of the park.

The_Jobu

Oh I know it's not kind... like I said I understand the meaning. Just not how to describe a resort LOL That was truly a first for me.

I laugh at it all anyway. The GenXers used to be equally as unkind to their Silent Generation groups, we just didn't have the internet to make it a meme with white cats ;)

Pretty sure boomer in this case isn’t supposed to include the Greatest Generation folks.

Since I’m here I might as well be on topic. The price point doesn’t work for me given what I’ve seen of the place, there’s nothing that’s a draw for me. Decor is nice but generic and Topolinos doesn’t help (not a food snob, just Italian). I could rent points, but you can stay at the monorail resorts for equal price.

I might just take a gondola ride there and check out the bar and quick service, maybe it will win me over. I’ll give it a fair chance.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I also noticed it looks like a retirement complex. Doesn't help that it's in Florida.
I posted this thread originally hoping actual pics of the pool would wow me. Judging by the points they are charging, the price per point for buy in, I am now convinced that the building is the result of an accountant and lawyer dream. The figures show to add more use restrictions for resale buyers to entice more direct buys, and since there isn't much left for direct, charge through the nose to get it and who cares what it looks like.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Pretty sure boomer in this case isn’t supposed to include the Greatest Generation folks.

Since I’m here I might as well be on topic. The price point doesn’t work for me given what I’ve seen of the place, there’s nothing that’s a draw for me. Decor is nice but generic and Topolinos doesn’t help (not a food snob, just Italian). I could rent points, but you can stay at the monorail resorts for equal price.

I might just take a gondola ride there and check out the bar and quick service, maybe it will win me over. I’ll give it a fair chance.
That's what I said about Okay Boomer... Though I said only the silent not greatest in my post because not many greatests are left though I should have included them too.

We'll be checking out RR in a few months to see. Initial desire was zero from the family. Wondering if it will change in person.

The_Jobu

That's what I said about Okay Boomer... Though I said only the silent not greatest in my post because not many greatests are left though I should have included them too.

We'll be checking out RR in a few months to see. Initial desire was zero from the family. Wondering if it will change in person.

The bar menu actually looks pretty good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom