News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

nunch3

Okay, we need to get a definitive conclusion... What’s the best method in attempting to acquire a boarding pass right at park opening?

1) Have app fully closed, then launch it as the clock ticks :00

2) Stay in the app and keep toggling between the “My Status” page.

3) Keep fully closing and opening the app over and over again.

Or something else? Which seems to have worked the best for everyone?
3 worked best for me if you begin the process at 6:58. Your phones time and Disney’s time won’t exactly align, so rapidly full reloading (with a good phone, which is critical) early gives you constant updates, and we got boarding groups 9 and 18 with this method as BGs became available when our phones still showed 6:59 and x amount of seconds, indicating our clocks were a bit behind.

The type of phone is important though. One of our phones was able to load the app and boarding group screen in less than 10 seconds, giving us quick updates.

po1998

I'm so sad that ops has decided on at least two days recently to keep the attraction open and have guests "skip" part of the attraction. Here it is one of the greatest attractions to be placed in a Disney park, and the decision is made to bypass part of the attraction instead of just shutting it down completely.

Bad precedent...and one that is likely to continue now that they've gone down that road.

☹☹☹

AEfx

I'm so sad that ops has decided on at least two days recently to keep the attraction open and have guests "skip" part of the attraction. Here it is one of the greatest attractions to be placed in a Disney park, and the decision is made to bypass part of the attraction instead of just shutting it down completely.

Bad precedent...and one that is likely to continue now that they've gone down that road.

☹☹☹

Sorry, but that is really a “Disney enthusiast” way to put that, which doesn’t take into account the average guest experience.

In a perfect world, yes, everything would be functional and hopefully they are doing everything they can to maintain that expectation.

But if you actually spoke to the thousands of guests who “skipped” the preshows but still got on the ride, I bet you would find them very happy to have at least experienced the actual ride.

Remember, most guests don’t have season passes or visit multiple times a year, or even years in a row. For many of those folks, they may never step foot in the park again - so I just can’t see the logic in begrudging them at least the main experience, even if it is not as fully intended.

TrainsOfDisney

Remember, most guests don’t have season passes or visit multiple times a year, or even years in a row. For many of those folks, they may never step foot in the park again - so I just can’t see the logic in begrudging them at least the main experience, even if it is not as fully intended.

I disagree. The pre-shows are as much as the experience as the ride itself. There is no “main experience.”

MrHappy

Soooo...was it cleared up if you can get a BG (Barry Gibb?) Then leave if you surmise it will be later than you want to hang in the park for and just come back later. Example: If staying at a EPCOT resort, can you, in theory, do the whole early riser to get a BG, go off to EP or back to resort, get notified of your boarding time then make it back to HS/ROTR within 2 hrs.
Asking for a friend.

TrainsOfDisney

Soooo...was it cleared up if you can get a BG (Barry Gibb?) Then leave if you surmise it will be later than you want to hang in the park for and just come back later. Example: If staying at a EPCOT resort, can you, in theory, do the whole early riser to get a BG, go off to EP or back to resort, get notified of your boarding time then make it back to HS/ROTR within 2 hrs.
Asking for a friend.

Yes. Both days I went to get a boarding group I took the skyliner back to pop century for a nap before my ride. For what it’s worth I was at pop century when my bg was called both times and made it over easy even with a stop at Joffreys to get me fully woken up! (The resistance prefers applicants to be well caffeinated)

jaxonp

I’m so glad I got to experience the ride in all its glory the first time. Today was my second ride and they bypassed the entire preshow sequence and took us through an employee hallway to the star destroyer hanger. I would not be overly I pressed if this were my first time. Total disappointment, Disney.

I’m so glad I got to experience the ride in all its glory the first time. Today was my second ride and they bypassed the entire preshow sequence and took us through an employee hallway to the star destroyer hanger. I would not be overly I pressed if this were my first time. Total disappointment, Disney.
Totally agree. Would be great if there was a way to opt out and get a pas for another time. I’d rather see it in full than half way done.
Also, Barry Gibb lol

disneygeek90

What time was that at, approximately?

disneygeek90

Asking for a friend.
Yes this has always been cleared up. You can absolutely leave and go anywhere you’d like.

MrHappy

Yes. Both days I went to get a boarding group I took the skyliner back to pop century for a nap before my ride. For what it’s worth I was at pop century when my bg was called both times and made it over easy even with a stop at Joffreys to get me fully woken up! (The resistance prefers applicants to be well caffeinated)
Thanks, I like how you roll.

MickeyCB

If I could ask 2 questions from people who have ridden.
To clarify on the closing/reopening of the app. Do you have to log out/re-log in with your password, etc? Or simply swipe/ close the app and when touch on MDE see the reloading page with the Mickey firework and go from there?
And second-(I have been trying to ignore all spoilers), but what would they be doing with your group so you would know they are having you bypass the preshow? And could you could ask to ride later when it is complete? Thanks in advance.

disneygeek90

If I could ask 2 questions from people who have ridden.
To clarify on the closing/reopening of the app. Do you have to log out/re-log in with your password, etc? Or simply swipe/ close the app and when touch on MDE see the reloading page with the Mickey firework and go from there?
And second-(I have been trying to ignore all spoilers), but what would they be doing with your group so you would know they are having you bypass the preshow? And could you could ask to ride later when it is complete? Thanks in advance.
No need to log out. When you force close the app and reopen you’ll see the fireworks etc.

To be as vague as possible, you should still be in the main queue/caves when you experience the first pre show. If you go beyond that without seeing one, you’ve gone too far. It would definitely be worth asking.

MickeyCB

No need to log out. When you force close the app and reopen you’ll see the fireworks etc.

To be as vague as possible, you should still be in the main queue/caves when you experience the first pre show. If you go beyond that without seeing one, you’ve gone too far. It would definitely be worth asking.
Ty very much for the info. I probably won't be down there for quite awhile, but I've read all 285 pages (to date), of this thread pretending it will be soon! 🤣

rowrbazzle

Looks like not many if any back up groups will get to ride today. So anyone that enter the park after 7:15 couldn't ride again today? This system while has some positives also has some major flaws.

It sounds like they actually wound up making it through a good number of them. Stinks for those who missed out though. I figure it's still the best option given the unreliability of the ride. Hopefully things get straightened out soon.

jt04

How so? Meaning if I walk up should I be told “the pre-shows are currently down but if you wish to ride now you can?”

Exactly. And if you say you want to wait until all segments are working you should be able to request a FP to RotR or any attraction good for 3 days or so. Good customer service.

This is if a major element of the sequence is down. Not a single screen or animatronic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom