Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Disneyfanman

That's great to hear. Seems like one of the big upsides to trackless, so it makes a lot of sense to utilize that.

You really get a sense for this if you watch Hunny Hunt or Mystic Manor POV videos. You see the cars approaching different elements during the ride. It's also apparent with the POV of ROTR when the cars go into different elevators too by the AT-ATs. I'm very excited about this idea with MMRR. Hopefully they fully utilize this idea.

Ismael Flores

you would think they would have enough time for cast previews. How long have they been working on this attraction and wasn't originally scheduled to open months ago? The technology being used must be pretty intense if they are still working on it

t3techcom18

Wonder if they revisisted concept? Have any insiders hinted to this? We know there was a huge delay? Maybe the did not like where it was going and wanted to change alot? Kind of like movie reshoots?

Not going to say much on the subject, but let's just say Operations has all their eyes on Rise, while none of the opening team has gotten trained or even inside the building with only a skeleton test and adjust crew who has, and yet we're two months away from opening...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not going to say much on the subject, but let's just say Operations has all their eyes on Rise, while none of the opening team has gotten trained or even inside the building with only a skeleton test and adjust crew who has, and yet we're two months away from opening...

So you're saying that since Operations is using a few hundred CMs to use as a living rope to block off RotR and to Displain to guests why they can't ride RotR at the moment (or at all today), that's there's no one left to train on MMRR?

First, RotR came for MMRR's engineers, now it has its CMs held captive!!

matt9112

Rides so good it prevents other rides from opening
.....right guys? I mean ROTR is the greatest thing disney has ever made! Its gods gift to humanity. The stuff you name your children after.
All jokes aside this sounds silly. Hire more employees? Stop paying cms to stand around batuu every 4 feet i mean honestly i still cant believe how many greeters they use around every corner. I was bombarded with batuu maps opening weekend. There was legitimately 10 or so people in front of the tunnel. Than another cm or two every 4 feet inside the land. It was puzzeling.

No Name

If the ride is around five minutes long, the blueprints are accurate, and I’m doing my maths correctly, the theoretical hourly capacity of this should be in the mid to high 2000s. 🤓

That sounds too reasonable to be true.

Goofyernmost

Rides so good it prevents other rides from opening
.....right guys? I mean ROTR is the greatest thing disney has ever made! Its gods gift to humanity. The stuff you name your children after.
All jokes aside this sounds silly. Hire more employees? Stop paying cms to stand around batuu every 4 feet i mean honestly i still cant believe how many greeters they use around every corner. I was bombarded with batuu maps opening weekend. There was legitimately 10 or so people in front of the tunnel. Than another cm or two every 4 feet inside the land. It was puzzeling.
Especially since they are constantly being accused of under staffing everything. So they use CM's on a ride that is open and new and drawing crowds and not in an attraction that isn't open and isn't expected to be for a couple of months! I think it is hard to see how Disney can win any approval for what they do. I guess it serves us right that since we cannot appreciate or recognize the effort taken to have people where they are needed the most that they stop giving a damn and just collect their yearly bonus's.

matt9112

Especially since they are constantly being accused of under staffing everything. So they use CM's on a ride that is open and new and drawing crowds and not in an attraction that isn't open and isn't expected to be for a couple of months! I think it is hard to see how Disney can win any approval for what they do. I guess it serves us right that since we cannot appreciate or recognize the effort taken to have people where they are needed the most that they stop giving a damn and just collect their yearly bonus's.

Wow that went over your head...the ride was meant to open before rise.....

Simba’s Mom

People who are within 60 days of their trip report that they've been unable to get FP+s. Either the opening of the ride is being delayed, or Disney is planning to use the Virtual Queue system there (Yech!). Or perhaps Disney just hasn't loaded the FP+s in the system yet. Can someone please let us know if/when they get FP+ for this?

Magic Feather

People who are within 60 days of their trip report that they've been unable to get FP+s. Either the opening of the ride is being delayed, or Disney is planning to use the Virtual Queue system there (Yech!). Or perhaps Disney just hasn't loaded the FP+s in the system yet. Can someone please let us know if/when they get FP+ for this?
FP is currently planned to not be available at opening ala SW:GE.

wdwgreek

I can confirm my trip is that week and I cannot get a fastpass it is not an option. I believe Martin mentioned virtual queue for this as well in passing.

Purduevian

Or no VQ or FP+ at opening ala Smugglers.

Goofyernmost

Wow that went over your head...the ride was meant to open before rise.....
No it didn't, I know it was scheduled to open earlier, but that was a complete set of different people. High paid engineers are not out there passing out pamphlets. Although, maybe CM's, not the ones I was talking about. Two completely different situations. One had nothing to do with the other.

Yes, the delay to open can at least partially be contributed to them hijacking engineers from MMRR to Resistance, But, right now MMRR is not open and those CM's were not needed there and won't be until shortly before it does open. It needs to be up and running before they are needed in force. They cannot be practicing the operation until it is operating.

disneygeek90

Or no VQ or FP+ at opening ala Smugglers.
I think standby only would be ideal. I don't see it producing the demands that ROTR has, maybe for the first couple days or even weeks they use VQ but I think it should be able to operate with a reasonable wait time in standby fairly quickly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would Diz have two attractions with BGs running at the same time in the same park (RotR and Mickey)? I assume it's not a big deal on the app, just select the attraction to sign-up for. Just curious.
Rise may or may not have BG when Marceline / Runaway opens. I’d assume it wouldn’t be an issue if it did. Of course, potentially Rat could also be using it at the same time. Guardians will also have it (although we can now say that’ll be next year)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom