News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Piebald

I actually have a related question. If I’m driving, do I need to plan on trying to get there a little more than an hour early to account for sitting in a parking line?
When I went we got through the parking booth at like 535am and they were fully staffed. It took about 10 minutes to park. A lot of jerks were veering off and parking instead of waiting to actually file in and park if that makes sense. Theyd just turn and park in the first spot instead of going down the line for the CM to direct them to park. It was pretty quick all things considered. If you're really paranoid I guess someone could jump out of the car while queued up, run and get a "spot" and hold it for people.

NearTheEars

But as you've repeated twice yourself above.. you need ANOTHER CONDITIONAL. That's why your statement doesn't fit the discussion. Someone who doesn't fit points A and B can't do what you state.. and still are 'resort guests'. Like I said.. please stay away from sharp objects or being responsible for others.

I really need to find the beginning of this argument. But it probably won't be fulfilling.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But as you've repeated twice yourself above.. you need ANOTHER CONDITIONAL. That's why your statement doesn't fit the discussion. Someone who doesn't fit points A and B can't do what you state.. and still are 'resort guests'. Like I said.. please stay away from sharp objects or being responsible for others.
I'll type this slowly so maybe you'll understand it this time.

People who stay in the resorts are resort guests. Club-level resort guests, that is, resort guests who pay extra for the club level distinction ($$$) who pay the extra FP+ surcharge ($$$) can get additional reserved FP+s (at the 90 day point, no less) and break the one-park rule. Therefore, resort guests CAN get additional FP+s and spread them across multiple parks. Not all of them, no. I never said all of them could. But club-level resort guests who pay for the extra FP+s can.

If you wanted to make the point that NOT ALL resort guests can exercise those privileges, you should have asked that question.

Perhaps in the future you'll pick your verbiage more precisely.

Chet Dakota

6:17a. Line back to Security.

Attachments

• 71317763-4C9B-4DF0-87A9-D6B38E82FE35.jpeg
    71317763-4C9B-4DF0-87A9-D6B38E82FE35.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 75

Lee L

Ugh. I was in the park before open. But the app gave me trouble until 7:04. I'm in a backup group of 137
Yeah, yesterday, I opened the app a couple seconds after it rolled over to 7:00, it came right up and I was able to join and get group 23. This morning, did the same and I kept getting a line that said trying to load the information. Same with my wife. Eventually at 7:03 I got in and got group 123. Lots of others around me were similar. The park definitely seemed more crowded, they had all 4 no bag lines opened individually today (yesterday was one line feeding 2 detectors) and by around 6:50 the waiting crowd was backed up to the turnstiles and they had to move the ropes I guess.

I did notice they changed the backup groups to start at 125 today, where it was still 113 yesterday.

TrainsOfDisney

I arrived
6:17a. Line back to Security.

I was there the day before.... I really disliked the whole experience. In my opinion worse than D23. At D23 security was simple and your directed into a specific line, this is a potentially dangerous situation in my opinion With over crowding and pushing and shoving.

But.... the ride is worth it I’ll give it that lol

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like guaranteed regular BG's run out quicker with later park openings...6am vs 7am.
Which of course is expected, but I'm glad when I was there Disney changed the opening times to 6. Less people and competition to deal with!!

Piebald

I rode a few weeks ago. We got to the lot around 545am and promptly got in line. Got boarding group 56 and rode around 2pm. This was for an "8am" opening (they let us in at like 630am) Since the official hours are now 7am for this weekend, should we anticipate a similar day by showing up around the same time or is this pushing people to show up even earlier than they had been before? Thanks

steveNJ

That would suck to have to Get there what is still early and END up with back up boarding group/possibly of nothing. It’s a pure lottery at that point.

It‘s been a pure lottery since they changed from the first come first served model everyone complained about. With BGs being gone so early they could have kept the old way, it’s the same running out of BGs but at least the rope droppers get a ride and the later arrivals would get a backup.

disneygeek90

I rode a few weeks ago. We got to the lot around 545am and promptly got in line. Got boarding group 56 and rode around 2pm. This was for an "8am" opening (they let us in at like 630am) Since the official hours are now 7am for this weekend, should we anticipate a similar day by showing up around the same time or is this pushing people to show up even earlier than they had been before? Thanks
They changed the BG system on 12/18, and has been consistent since then. They'll "open" the park about 30-45 mins before the posted open time, but BG's will not be available until the posted open time. As long as you're in the park, there's currently really no advantage to showing up at 5:30 or 6:30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom