News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

relic827

So even though this Saturday (01/04) is still considered “peak crowds”, I’m toying with the idea of going anyways as too much FOMO in my brain 😜

Park opens at 7am, and since I’m too lazy to go back and read multiple pages, what’s the LATEST people have shown up, got into the park prior to 7am/boarding groups opening up, and still got an early morning BG?

I have to drag a toddler along with me going forward, so trying to minimize as much time standing around as possible 😎😎😎
Careful, folks around here get all in a tizzy when you ask questions that have already been asked. I would politely give you an educated answer if I could, but I’m not as entrenched in the situation as some. You’ll probably have to deal with one of these know it all grumps.

RSD Part Deux

So even though this Saturday (01/04) is still considered “peak crowds”, I’m toying with the idea of going anyways as too much FOMO in my brain 😜

Park opens at 7am, and since I’m too lazy to go back and read multiple pages, what’s the LATEST people have shown up, got into the park prior to 7am/boarding groups opening up, and still got an early morning BG?

I have to drag a toddler along with me going forward, so trying to minimize as much time standing around as possible 😎😎😎

It seems to be the rule of the thumb is to arrive one hour before posted park opening if you want a guaranteed boarding group.

DonaldDoleWhip

Early to late-morning boarding groups will all be gone within a minute or two of park opening. So I’d say the latest to be in the park for a good chance at scoring one is 6:59am. You’ll also need fast fingers and/or good luck.

Best practices currently seem to be (1) using cellular data over Disney WiFi and (2) opening MDE from scratch precisely at park opening, not refreshing an open app. If the button to join a group isn’t available, fully shut down the app and reopen it.

Disstevefan1

I never disagreed with anything you mention here. I merely stated the OP posted something truthful.

That the ride was not ready to open to the public but did so anyway wasn’t the choice of anyone here. That was a corporate choice. Operations had to make the best of a bad situation and as you said are attempting to do so very well.

Happy new year :)

Happy new year everyone. If I remember correctly, Test Track used to go down a lot when it first opened. I think it’s normal for attractions to have problems getting the kinks out when initially launched.

relic827

I actually have a related question. If I’m driving, do I need to plan on trying to get there a little more than an hour early to account for sitting in a parking line?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well, if you had said "most resort guests," you would have been correct. As it is, you were wrong, because some resort guests have those perks.

Some people have three nipples. That doesn’t mean we describe the human body for everyone as having three nipples. It’s called a subset. When you are addressing the whole group, you are addressing the traits all members of the group have in common...not just what some have. Please do not ever be responsible for writing logic, algorithms, or teaching materials.

Else you’d write miserable statements like “americans are white...”. And argue “well, some of them are white...”

Last edited:

KevinPage

Early to late-morning boarding groups will all be gone within a minute or two of park opening. So I’d say the latest to be in the park for a good chance at scoring one is 6:59am. You’ll also need fast fingers and/or good luck.

Best practices currently seem to be (1) using cellular data over Disney WiFi and (2) opening MDE from scratch precisely at park opening, not refreshing an open app. If the button to join a group isn’t available, fully shut down the app and reopen it.

I had no issue with Disney WIFI in all my other attempts, but I’ve always opened app from scratch to get a totally fresh “boot”.

Strangely enough it seems almost HARDER to get a good boarding pass then the initial opening was. Go figure 🤪

flynnibus

Premium Member
I actually have a related question. If I’m driving, do I need to plan on trying to get there a little more than an hour early to account for sitting in a parking line?
I dont believe anyone has described delays in parking. The parking gates have opened early relative to park open time and no one has complained of delays on that front. Obviously account for your extra travel time to the gate, etc

KevinPage

Careful, folks around here get all in a tizzy when you ask questions that have already been asked. I would politely give you an educated answer if I could, but I’m not as entrenched in the situation as some. You’ll probably have to deal with one of these know it all grumps.

1. I can handle them 🥊

2. I think I built up enough good will/rep I can get away with this simple benign question even after admitting to being totally lazy about it 😜

KevinPage

What time did you arrive today and where were you queued prior to park opening ?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Happy new year everyone. If I remember correctly, Test Track used to go down a lot when it first opened. I think it’s normal for attractions to have problems getting the kinks out when initially launched.
Everything goes down when first opened. That’s the nature of the game. But that’s usually after the attraction has had a proper T&A period (Test Tracks was a painful 13 months)

Rise ops wanted at least another week, preferably four. But they were already 3 1/2 months late with Christmas looming.

disneygeek90

Hagrids broke down while I was in queue a couple weeks ago, got a fastpass to come back.

I’ve been at Universal nearly 3 hours this afternoon and the ride has been down the entire time. Honestly the rhetoric that ROTR has had anything other than a really, really good opening month is just people being overly critical. Ready or not, it opened and has performed far better than I think anyone expected.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Some people have three nipples. That doesn’t mean we describe the human body for everyone as having three nipples. It’s called a subset. When you are addressing the whole group, you are addressing the traits all members of the group have in common...not just what some have. Please do not ever be responsible for writing logic, algorithms, or teaching materials.

Else you’d write miserable statements like “americans are white...”. And argue “well, some of them are white...”
Give it up. Resort guests (a) who stay club level and (b) who buy the FP+ add-on are STILL "resort guests."

Your question was "can resort guests...?" and the correct answer is "yes, if..." and they don't need three nipples to do so.

And now back to the irregularly scheduled discussion about BGs...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Give it up. Resort guests (a) who stay club level and (b) who buy the FP+ add-on are STILL "resort guests."

Your question was "can resort guests...?" and the correct answer is "yes, if..." and they don't need three nipples to do so.

But as you've repeated twice yourself above.. you need ANOTHER CONDITIONAL. That's why your statement doesn't fit the discussion. Someone who doesn't fit points A and B can't do what you state.. and still are 'resort guests'. Like I said.. please stay away from sharp objects or being responsible for others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom