News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

Disney has not said. I have read every post on all 211 pages. Best guess is that once the holidays are over and all of the operational bugs have been worked out that they will likely implement FP+ and standby. This is not a popular option for most on this thread as the BG process has given everyone the same chance to ride as long as everyone in you party is in the park when BG process opens (now whenever the scheduled park opening time is listed). Hoping that they figure out some kind of "hybrid" system that will allow both options.

My suggestion is keep the bg system but have people choose either RoTR or MMRR. Then also open standby for everyone. Adjust the number of bg's as determined by ops. Good system until rat, Tron and gotg are open. I think they may need to open at 7 a.m. for a long time. Not a bad problem to have.

IMO.

jt04

Only thing is, will anyone pick MMRR over ROTR? I certainly wouldn't

Yes. Lots of people are excited about this ride. And many will have already experienced rotr by then. So it should help even out the crowds. I also agree with others who think boarding groups will be used elsewhere. Seems to be the best system rather than having people wait in 6 hour lines.

relic827

Yes. Lots of people are excited about this ride. And many will have already experienced rotr by then. So it should help even out the crowds. I also agree with others who think boarding groups will be used elsewhere. Seems to be the best system rather than having people wait in 6 hour lines.
People keep talking about 5, 6, 7 hour lines. When has this ever happened? The longest I've ever seen is 3 hours, and that is on the peak busy days.

gerarar

Premium Member
On the last day of my trip, which was this past Friday, FoP had a 240 minute wait. We waited in line for it (bc reasons lol), and it only ended up being 3 hours. And that's for a 2+ year old ride.

ROTR could pull anywhere double that given the current demand and limited supply it has currently. Wait times will of course fluctuate base on performance and upkeep of the ride and to keep people from lining up obviously..

jt04

Offering both as a BG option hoping that will even out the crowds makes no sense. Galaxys edge has been the biggest hyped and expensive expansion in Disney's history. To think that MMRR will alleviate that is crazy. ROTR BG would sell out 100 times before MMRR would if that was possible (and yes I know it's not)

Even if mmrr only takes 25% it would be a big help.

relic827

You don’t think we would see an extra hour or two or three from a month old ride that people are calling the best attraction in WDW, compared to a nearly 3 year old ride with an IP almost no one actually cares about?
I just think at a certain point, people see a certain wait time and go “nope” so the line doesn’t grow. Also, I’ve heard that universal stops letting people get in line at Hagrid’s if there are too many people in line. I don’t know if that’s true, but it would make sense that a company wouldn’t let a line loop infinitely around the park and that they’d cut it off at some point.
But who knows? I’m just saying I’ll believe it when I see it.

relic827

Those attractions haven't seen the demand rotr is generating. If they just opened standby without bgs it would be 6 hour waits and no guarantee of riding.
What demand? How do you know this? Is it quantified somewhere where you can actually compare ride demand on a chart or something?

disneygeek90

I just think at a certain point, people see a certain wait time and go “nope” so the line doesn’t grow. Also, I’ve heard that universal stops letting people get in line at Hagrid’s if there are too many people in line. I don’t know if that’s true, but it would make sense that a company wouldn’t let a line loop infinitely around the park and that they’d cut it off at some point.
But who knows? I’m just saying I’ll believe it when I see it.
And then when the ride breaks down what was posted as a 4 hour wait turns into even more. It’s a lose-lose situation for Disney. I don’t see any benefit to moving away from BG’s for the foreseeable future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom