News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

relic827

Just a random question that I’m sure has been asked and answered. When the clock hits 7:00 when I’m there, should I already be in the app or should I close the app and wait til 7:00 to open it?

relic827

So, should my wife and I both try to get into a boarding group at the same time? I assume whoever gets in first will get the number?
From what I understand it works just like a fastpass. One of you goes to join and adds all the members of your party (provided they are all in the park)

RunawayRunaway

Was also curious about this. My boyfriend has a very hard time getting up THAT early in the morning and I was going to get to the park around 6 so I could get a reservation for us. But is it set up so that you both physically need to be in the park to get a boarding group? And if so, is this something I could speak to an attendant about so we could be put in a group together? Thank you!

bclane

So, should my wife and I both try to get into a boarding group at the same time? I assume whoever gets in first will get the number?
From what I understand it works just like a fastpass. One of you goes to join and adds all the members of your party (provided they are all in the park)
Yes, only one of you will use the app to grab a boarding group. It took all of about 10 seconds for me this morning to open the app, click the boarding group button, add my wife and submit the request. It was an incredibly smooth process for me. And I instantly got a response back with my boarding group number.

relic827

Was also curious about this. My boyfriend has a very hard time getting up THAT early in the morning and I was going to get to the park around 6 so I could get a reservation for us. But is it set up so that you both physically need to be in the park to get a boarding group? And if so, is this something I could speak to an attendant about so we could be put in a group together? Thank you!
Yes everyone you want to add to the boarding group with you needs to be in the park.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Everyone in your party that wants to be in a boarding group needs to be in the park (tapped through the turnstiles) at the time you book it.

bclane

Yes, you both have to physically be in the park. You will add all members of your party to the group when you click join boarding group. If you are doing it on your phone, you just have to make sure he is associated to your my Disney experience account. Have all that taken care of before the morning you try to ride ROTR. If you can set up fast passes for him and yourself already, you are good to go.

VaderTron

Yes, you both have to physically be in the park. You will add all members of your party to the group when you click join boarding group. If you are doing it on your phone, you just have to make sure he is associated to your my Disney experience account. Have all that taken care of before the morning you try to ride ROTR. If you can set up fast passes for him and yourself already, you are good to go.
I feel like I'm at the point in Groundhog Day when Phil punches Ned because he can't stand to hear the same thing even one more time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A very good day!

1577673023049.png

Lee L

I feel like I'm at the point in Groundhog Day when Phil punches Ned because he can't stand to hear the same thing even one more time.
LOL, maybe some some sort of FAQ would help. I read back many pages, searched and also looked at the first post and literally no one has discussed it. But but no, I didn’t read all 210 pages so you’ll just have to scroll on by. Also, Disney doesn’t even mention this very common situation in their FAQs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom