News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Any word on whether the buses arriving to DAK will still have to go through the backstage/cast entrance? That was always one of my biggest pet peeves.
Bus route into DAK will stay the same. Bus loading will also not change. All the changes to the entry experience will be after you've exited the bus and bus station area.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Any word on whether the buses arriving to DAK will still have to go through the backstage/cast entrance? That was always one of my biggest pet peeves.
Definitely feels like an after thought in terms of what resort guests see. We love AKL and it’s the only negative about the AKL to AK transportation. You have a wonderful hotel then go through what looks like a border check point, then your at AK. One of my Disney wishes is for a “harambe-style” train ride for this route. :)

Monorail_Red_77

If you're screened at Poly and ride around to the TTC I don't think you have to get screened again. The monorails are after the security check. Either way, getting off at Epcot and going back through security sucked. This is a great change.
Correct. If you get on Monorail at Poly. As long as you do not exit TTC towards car lot, you are still in secure zone. You can get off Resort Monorail at TTC, transfer to Epcot Monorail, Ferryboat, etc. all is inside secure zone. Now exit of Monorail at Epcot is in secure zone too. Waited years for this to happen.

wedenterprises

...One of my Disney wishes is for a “harambe-style” train ride for this route. :)

I've always liked the idea of AKL-AK transit in theory (train, boat, gondola etc), but I'm not sure where an AKL station would go. There isn't really a good path into the AK and there doesn't seem to be a good spot at AKL.

The only thing I can think is a gondola station east of Jambo bus station, then an AK station at the "outpost" shop outside the entrance... then where do the gondolas get parked? Rip down rainforest cafe? extend the line to BB or Coronado?

tirian

Definitely feels like an after thought in terms of what resort guests see. We love AKL and it’s the only negative about the AKL to AK transportation. You have a wonderful hotel then go through what looks like a border check point, then your at AK. One of my Disney wishes is for a “harambe-style” train ride for this route. :)

Isn’t that technically accurate theming? The SWGE creative team would say so. ;)

roj2323

I've always liked the idea of AKL-AK transit in theory (train, boat, gondola etc), but I'm not sure where an AKL station would go. There isn't really a good path into the AK and there doesn't seem to be a good spot at AKL.

The only thing I can think is a gondola station east of Jambo bus station, then an AK station at the "outpost" shop outside the entrance... then where do the gondolas get parked? Rip down rainforest cafe? extend the line to BB or Coronado?
Look at it from the opposite end. How would they put in a second entrance at the back of the park?

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

I don’t think it will ever happen but I can dream. They COULD connect it near FOTL theater possibly, but again just wishful thinking.

Truk777

Magic Kingdom and TTC from Nearmap- November 22.
FCEF53EE-2B33-43AF-8717-F18BA0C81717.jpeg
07ECE8B7-FB7D-47E5-92A9-F4E6360A7C70.jpeg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, December 19, 2019. Early in the morning, the construction walls were pushed back at the entrance plaza at the Magic Kingdom revealing two round planter / seating structures. Welcomed rest spots at the entrance.

IMG_2693.JPG

Also at the Magic Kingdome entrance, work continues on the large permanent structure which will house the new bag check / security area. The "temporary" security area can be seen under the white awning in the background. This structure's architecture will be more in keeping with the entrance to the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

Closer to the Magic Kingdom monorail station (just to the right in the below photo) will be a larger boat transportation loading area. The concrete forms for the retaining wall may indicate the possible future size of the new area.

IMG_2692.JPG

At the Ticket and Transportation Center, two new security areas are complete, with one currently open for use. The interior design is similar to the designs at Hollywood Studios and Epcot, with electronic signs above each lane. Instead of mounted florescent lights under the roof (a commercial look), new hanging light shades are installed.

IMG_2686.JPG

A new fence is installed between the new security area (on the left) and the existing security area (on the right). The difference in security areas can be seen in the paint design along the roof line.

IMG_2688.JPG

For those who are interested, the original water fountain in the original paint colors is still in place between the security area and ticket kiosks.

IMG_2687.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom