News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Gringrinngghost

I wasn't aware it was the kid.

Edit: Well he does credit Martin and acknowledge the forum at least

I thought he said he wasn’t going to use the forums anymore...oh wait he did...

Brayden (@SirBrayden) Tweeted:
I will no longer be using WDWMAGIC Forums as a source for anything. The patron saint “insiders” on there are often 6 months behind what’s going on and have such a snobby attitude for anyone who breaks thinks elsewhere. And when I defend myself the mods delete the post. 🤡

https://twitter.com/SirBrayden/status/1175872143176937473

jt04

Huh? What false news is being believed? Did I miss a chance to jump on a baseless rumor?!

Apparently mold was not a factor in the removal of this section. Or the fate of Horizons, the entry overhang of World of Motion, the complete renovation of Wonders of Life including a rebuilt roof, the gutting of Universe of Energy or the rumors about the future of the structures on the West side of Future World. Move along, nothing of note involved.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apparently mold was not a factor in the removal of this section. Or the fate of Horizons, the entry overhang of World of Motion, the complete renovation of Wonders of Life including a rebuilt roof, the gutting of Universe of Energy or the rumors about the future of the structures on the West side of Future World. Move along, nothing of note involved.

I heard it was a mold hole.

EJ96

I will no longer be using WDWMAGIC Forums as a source for anything. The patron saint “insiders” on there are often 6 months behind what’s going on and have such a snobby attitude for anyone who breaks thinks elsewhere. And when I defend myself the mods delete the post. 🤡

Self importance. Never seen him break anything. Even the site that shall not be named is more reliable. All he does in his videos is vaguely reference sources and talk about projects once they are already happening. I remember he was extremely convinced the space restaurant was going into WoL even after @marni1971 said over and over it wasn’t going there.

Incomudro

His observations of this forum have a degree of accuracy.

gerarar

Premium Member
Some pictures of the demolition going on.
20191224_124753.jpg
20191224_124804.jpg
20191224_124805.jpg
20191224_131036.jpg
20191224_132145.jpg
20191224_131216.jpg
20191224_131803.jpg

Sorry if they're mediocre, I don't know the layout of Epcot and prime spots to take pics really well. Last visit of mine was back in 2011 lol..

Gotta say tho, love the misty background! Blends really well with Spaceship Earth!

Attachments

• 20191224_132145.jpg
    20191224_132145.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 57

No Name

This project reeks of the recent design trend of “opening up space,” which is great in many cases, but doesn’t always work in themed entertainment, and will feel poorly imbalanced with one side of innoventions remaining. Worse, the project looks to get rid of symmetry because it thinks it’s some dated 80s design, whereas it’s really just a staple of the type of festivals the park takes from. Worse, the project doesn’t understand the entire premise of the park and wonders why there are only two lands, when every other park has multiple, so it breaks them up. Asymmetrically. Imbalanced. The imagineers on this project aren’t changing the park’s direction. They’re removing its direction.

Is there any other theme park in the world that utilizes a similar design?

Epcot’s setting is Epcot, a permanent world’s fair, and no other theme park has a similar concept. So I’m not sure why you’re comparing this to other parks. Comparing it to Disneyland is stupid.

trainplane3

Getting a media pass...it changes a man...makes him...do things...

🤣

No Name

Sounds like a maturity issue.

GladToBeHear

The original thought was that Mission Space would have had a complete pavilion niot using WOL... I was thinking that they could have done a great overhaul to MS and take over the unused WOL Pavilion to be a huge Space Pavilion adjacent...That whole quarter of Futuer World could have been about interplanetary Discovery... but... you know... Disney Play! ...meh
I think you and I might've talked about this here before. I've brought it up a few times after seeing it mentioned on S. W. Wilson's blog. WOL becomes a domed spaceport with a tunnel over from M:S. Use space projection outside the glass dome a la S220. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. I have to assume it was considered an option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom