News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

ToTBellHop

Do you get your pizza from a pizzeria or a restaurant in NYC?

I only went to Via Napoli once (too noisy) and my friend, who doesn't know any better, ordered their pizza which turned out to be more like a flatbread pizza.
I’ve done both but prefer the hole-in-the-wall pizzeria. Grime adds flavor.

I did really enjoy a restaurant called Gelso & Grand down in Little Italy but the pizza was more of a flatbread. I went for the big-as-your-face cannoli...

1576699911322.gif

I don’t find Via Napoli to offer flatbreads. Looks ny-style.
1576700039044.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I did really enjoy a restaurant called Gelso & Grand down in Little Italy but the pizza was more of a flatbread. I went for the big-as-your-face cannoli...

View attachment 434793
View attachment 434794

This is pizza...

1576700129273.png

And, to get back on topic... BBQ flavored pizza is the worst.

rle4lunch

View attachment 434793
View attachment 434794

This is neopolitan style. best pizza we ever had was in Naples, Italy. Buffalo mozzarella is the b.e.s.t. make mine a diavolo.
fun fact, if you eat your pizza by the slice, with your hands, whilst visiting a sit down Italian (in Italy) restaurant, you'll be looked at like you're a damned heathen by the other restaurant goers.

UNCgolf

New York can live with knowing it's the only place in the world for good pizza.

Chicago, I see you. Shut up.

Or you could go to any actual authentic Neapolitan style place. They're not that easy to find in the US, though -- lots of places CLAIM to be that, but aren't really. Antico in Atlanta is the best I've found here, and is much better than NYC pizza, but you can find it in Florence and Rome pretty easily. Not to mention Naples itself, of course.

Chicago-style pizza is nasty but still more edible than Disney “pizza”. Via Napoli is reasonably similar to what you find in NYC (as close as I’ve found in a theme park, anyway).

A Chicagoan myself the consensus amongst most my friends and coworkers is we only eat that casserole when visitors comes in or extremely rare instances. It’s not the delicacy it’s made out to be.

John park hopper

Grew up on Long Island NY and grew up with NY pizza. Got out of the service and went to college in Florida (FAU). I was living in Lake Worth FL and 4 Brothers Pizza opened they were from Commack LI NY 2 towns over from where I grew up ---I thought I died and went to heaven NY pizza like I remembered. Moved to SC and have yet to find a real NY pizza some are close but not it

Obobru

Not sure why so many posts about pizza from everyone who thinks they are an expert on what is a simple junk food.

Anyway when is it the place selling BBQ supposed to open? I hope the smell doesn't overpower the area.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

dreday3

A Chicagoan myself the consensus amongst most my friends and coworkers is we only eat that casserole when visitors comes in or extremely rare instances. It’s not the delicacy it’s made out to be.

Just had to chime in. I agree. We rarely get deep dish pizza. I've been to NYC numerous times, great pizza. But I do like our thin crust also, it's just different. We also have some great places for Neopolitan pizzas.

(although I do love a piece of Lou Malnati's sausage with a butter crust - sausage patty, not crumbles)

dreday3

And just one more post to say - Via Napoli is Neopolitan style pizza, not NYC style pizza. You really didn't invent everything! :p;)

Go barbecue! (back on topic)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom