News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

promod1955

This whole Resistance ride thing seems.... rather inhospitable to paying "guests".

It seems to me that Disney (or more specifically, the Imagineers who design these rides and the park executives who fund them and then operate them for 50 to 75 years) needs to figure out a way to build new theme park rides that don't require their paying customers to roust a nice family out of bed at 5:30am to wait in the rain just so they can go on the new ride.

This whole thing feels like Disney has failed at its core product of hospitality. But maybe that's just because I'm not a morning person and the average family from Ohio is thrilled at the prospect of dragging themselves to DHS before dawn on their vacation? :oops:

Seems like the Imagineers and execs hit this one out of the park actually. They built a great attraction with a ton of positive reviews. Need to remember its the DEMAND for the ride that has people lining up early, not the ride have operational hours at 5:30 am.

If you can walk on the hot brand new attraction mid day after its only been open for a week, chances are the ride sucks and that would be everyone's complaint instead. You cant have high demand new attractions and short lines at the same time.

Twirlnhurl

Apparently this was a thing early this morning around 8am. I was BG 46 today and this was not implemented at all, which was around 11am. I wonder if anyone here with an earlier boarding group can attest to this..

When I rode yesterday at about noon, there were no switchbacks, but there were still people in the room from the group in front of us when the door opened. We had to wait about 5 minutes in that room before we were clear of the room.

The ride operators can minimize the possibility of having the line back into that room by keeping most of the hallway beyond it empty. But that always runs the risk of starving the ride. There is definitely a happy medium, but it takes practice, and unexpected downtimes will make this occasionally occur no matter what. Hopefully it will be rare.

JediMasterMatt

Fast and Furious Super Charged

Everyone is way too harsh on this ride.

It's so meta that the "ending" of this brilliant attraction hypes up your arrival at the infamous "party" that has been constantly referred to throughout the "experience". While it is easy to find some of the less intellectually inclined to be disappointed to arrive at the unloading dock only to met by the standard issue Clapping Universal Cast Members and exit down a minimally themed hallway wondering were is the "party" that you've been repeatedly promised... those that choose to expand their minds see things in a different light. The "party" is the celebration of being done with the attraction and free from the banality that you've just experienced and after exiting from what is surely Dante's 10th Circle (screenz based attractions), you can finally appreciate life and move on with your day with a new found understanding that no matter how bad an attraction could be - it can't be any worse than what you've just undertaken. I for one think that we all have a little Fast and Furious Supercharged in our hearts and after we ride - the party never truly ends.

I tip my hat to Universal Creative for making a thinking man's attraction out of 2Phast2Phurious2ManyScreenz. Bravo. Now I can finally Race Through New York free from the fear of staring too long into the abyss.

nickys

Premium Member
I am here. Rode RotR yesterday. Will be here through New Years. Still think I’m smart though.

We will be next year. Loved our last Christmas / New Year trip so much that DS requested going back at the same time for his 21st celebration. Like his brother who turned 21 on our arrival day last time.

There really was something very *magical* about being there for Christmas, albeit a very different feel to the day. Can’t explain it in words. I guess you either love it or hate it.

disneygeek90

Anybody have information on today's results? Time last regular BG was gone? Time last back up BG was gone? how high was last BG number? and what time last BG was called last night?
I’ve been sleeping in today so I missed most of those questions, but BG 166 was called last night at least 2 hours before close. I suspect that was the highest number given out.

It was reported above that the last backup BG were closed around 9:25 this morning.

pdude81

They seem to have removed all of the morning EMH from January but they are still showing for Feb. I'm hoping by then they start operating the ride during EMH or at least reserving some boarding groups for people paying the ransom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom