All things Magic Mountain

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's the perfect addition to that area of the park. Guests are really going to love this area. It was such a slum before. I love that they are finally getting rid of the abandoned 80's craft shops and adding some theming. I wish there were more trees. Six Flags seems to skimp on plants.

Rich T

I’m curious about those ugly shopping carts cycling through West Coast Racers. Are there themed body shells still to be attached? And if so, is it normal for a park to test a coaster using a bare frame?

Phroobar

Original Poster
I’m curious about those ugly shopping carts cycling through West Coast Racers. Are there themed body shells still to be attached? And if so, is it normal for a park to test a coaster using a bare frame?
Rare initial testing for West Coast Racers:

source.gif

Rich T

I’ve got to assume thise trains are not finished cosmetically. I mean, there’s NO WAY —after all that hype about their new “street racing” coaster and how it was going to be awesomely themed, and after the publicity art with the cool trains that looked like automobiles—there’s NO WAY they’d cheap out and just go with the most bare-bones ugly pipe-frame coaster trains the world’s ever seen.... Right? Right?
B78838A0-10FD-4D10-BA1A-CCCC2F0AFE2D.jpeg

mickEblu

It's the perfect addition to that area of the park. Guests are really going to love this area. It was such a slum before. I love that they are finally getting rid of the abandoned 80's craft shops and adding some theming. I wish there were more trees. Six Flags seems to skimp on plants.

What part of the park did they put this in? And what did the get rid of ?

Phroobar

Original Poster
What part of the park did they put this in? And what did the get rid of ?
It used to be called Cyclone Bay and before that it was Spinakins Corners. It is where all the craft stores where in the '80s. This coaster is between the Jet Stream and Apocalypse.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Those trains are clearly just for testing. In fact that is one of the FULL THROTTLE trains they have on there. That is how you know its just for testing.

Rich T

Those trains are clearly just for testing. In fact that is one of the FULL THROTTLE trains they have on there. That is how you know its just for testing.
Why test the ride with trains that won’t be used? Where are the real trains? They’ll have to run tests all over again with the real thing. After all....alllllllll...this time, are they genuinely without test-ready trains?

One gets the impression something unexpected happened in the development of WCR. I’d love to know the whole story.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Why test the ride with trains that won’t be used? Where are the real trains? They’ll have to run tests all over again with the real thing. After all....alllllllll...this time, are they genuinely without test-ready trains?

One gets the impression something unexpected happened in the development of WCR. I’d love to know the whole story.
I don't have the answers. Maybe both rides are from the same company and they wana test a similar train until the actual train arrives? Who knows. Its not odd for new trains to be tested on older coasters before moving to the actual coasters they were designed for. I have seen that before. Maybe this is the reverse of that? I dunno. But that is clearly a FULL THROTTLE train on the West Coast Racers tracks during those test videos.

Stevek

It used to be called Cyclone Bay and before that it was Spinakins Corners. It is where all the craft stores where in the '80s. This coaster is between the Jet Stream and Apocalypse.

is Apocalypse up and running again? It was down for awhile wasn’t it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom