News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ppete1975

Gotcha.

I understand. I just thought the structure/s would look out of place from a aesthetic point of view.
No more than a glass pyramid or a silver giant golf ball. That was I loved about Epcot is the architecture, every building was super unique and different. Not a big blue box. Whats funny is I can see them building a building like that at one time, at this point I don't see them ever going to this extreme. If the ride was built today it would be very boring on the outside.

trainplane3

No more than a glass pyramid or a silver giant golf ball. That was I loved about Epcot is the architecture, every building was super unique and different. Not a big blue box. Whats funny is I can see them building a building like that at one time, at this point I don't see them ever going to this extreme. If the ride was built today it would be very boring on the outside.
It's ironic how the most interesting piece of architecture they're building isn't an attraction but a literal bar on legs. I love the design and how unique it is but I hate the use. At least the UoE building is hanging around.

SplashJacket

It's ironic how the most interesting piece of architecture they're building isn't an attraction but a literal bar on legs. I love the design and how unique it is but I hate the use. At least the UoE building is hanging around.

Honestly could be worse. On a different note, the interesting architecture furthers my amazement that Tron is going to MK and Guardians in Epcot.

Professortango1

It was fun while it stood infused with the Twilight zone IP.... But it's more fun now.

It certainly wasn't timeless.

I can name dozens of coasters more fun than Space Mountain. That doesn't mean replacing SM with one would be a good choice for Disney. Mission BO is a chaotic mess that believes being big and loud is a substitute for story and entertainment. It is the theme park equivalent of Mad TV.

lazyboy97o

Looks cool. Can't help think that for those who have a problem with the GOG building being an eye sore that this design would be even more of an eye sore. That thing is massive and stands out from a design aspect.
I must be missing the bog standard warehouse in the art.

rreading

I’m sure many will find it amazing.

If I'm reading this right, I think that this means that it will really be quite impressive but not at all true to the spirit of Epcot Center. Those of us who would/will enjoy it will also feel the loss of what preceded it.

I expect to enjoy it as I hope that it will be an inspired attraction. I don't mind the big box if the ride is worth it.

And I hope that losing UoE does not mean that we lose SSE or LwtL. To me, we usually bypassed UoE because of the time it consumed. While it was a fine show (especially the 6min through the dinosaurs), it took away from the time we had to see everything else at Epcot. Even still, we rarely have time for the American Adventure of Impressions de France and I can't remember the last time we saw the movie in China. Truly, there is still a lot there in Epcot. Hopefully it will just get better...and it doesn't lose its core identity further.

BrianLo

It has plenty to look at, but it feels very cheaply applied and lacking any design and thought. It feels like a mid-level escape room with hastily painted sets.

To be honest, I was mostly talking about the Rocket pre-show.

Outside the stretching room and Star Tours, that’s as cool as a DLR queue gets.

Justified or not, I can tell most posters bristle at having to say anything complimentary. But the Rocket pre-show is really impressive.

Last edited:

Purduevian

I wouldn't exactly call GOTG timeless either.

Hard to judge this early on. Many don't feel like it will be, but the comics have been out for 50 years and the movie is 5 years old has has spun 2 sequels. The movie will be 7 when the ride based on it comes out. For reference:

AttractionMovieHow old was the IP
Sleeping Beauty Castle (1955)*Sleeping Beauty (1959)-4
Mr. Toads Wild Ride (1955)*The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (1949)6
Alice in Wonderland (1958)*Alice in Wonderland (1951)7
Peter Pan's Flight (1955)*Peter Pan (1953)2
Mad Tea Party (1955)*Alice in Wonderland (1951)4
Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (1994)*Roger Rabbit (1988)6
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1999)*Bought the IP in 2001-2
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (1998)Toy Story 2 (1999)-1
Magic Carpets of Aladdin (2001)Aladdin (1992)9
Stitch's Great Escape! (2004)Lilo and Stitch (2002)2
*Denotes outside IP bought or used by Disney

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom