News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

Ok, so I talked with a friend in the know about these questionable opening procedures and was told that the reason they are doing it is because they want the "at capacity" sign out in front of the tapstyles as early as possible because of 2 reasons. 1. The attraction is running at a low capacity. And 2. The parks capacity as a whole is pretty low and those with higher boarding groups are left wandering the park until their time is called. They want the "at capacity" signs out front early to encourage folks to go to another park instead of DHS. If they wait until the scheduled opening there would be more people who can't get on the ride in the park, and the park as a whole would be slammed.

ToTBellHop

on Extra Magic Hour days they do because only resort guests can enter until regular park opening hours
Sort of. They started letting non-resort in before opening BGs. The advantage for resort guests was they were already in the park. With that large group, BGs closed in about 25 minutes however.

Tonto

Flight of Passage has never closed the line early for “capacity”, let alone reached capacity before the park even opened or shortly after it opened. The FoP rope drop people are only battling for a shorter wait, but still have the entire day to queue up. Not the same situation.
Actually, they have closed the line down for capacity quite a bit for FOP. It even happened when I was at AK this August. The lines were crazy for FOP when I was there as well. I imagine with ROTR open now that lines will decrease at FOP.

ToTBellHop

Ok, so I talked with a friend in the know about these questionable opening procedures and was told that the reason they are doing it is because they want the "at capacity" sign out in front of the tapstyles as early as possible because of 2 reasons. 1. The attraction is running at a low capacity. And 2. The parks capacity as a whole is pretty low and those with higher boarding groups are left wandering the park until their time is called. They want the "at capacity" signs out front early to encourage folks to go to another park instead of DHS. If they wait until the scheduled opening there would be more people who can't get on the ride in the park, and the park as a whole would be slammed.
They should put up signs on the highways too. “All Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups claimed. Slinky Dog 145-minute wait. Nothing else worthwhile. It’s a Small World open at Magic Kingdom”

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yes, they were. I guess that makes it okay that everyone that showed up today after 7:45 (mind you, they may have parked at 7:15, taken the tram, and had a long bag check line),15 minutes before the park even officially opened, will not get to a chance to ride?

I'm sorry but there has to be some personal accountability. I have a hard time believing that people who aren't specifically going to ride this ride are going to have that hard of time with it. And people who ARE going specifically to ride this ride can wake up a half hour earlier based on how the crowd has gone the past few days.

"oh, it says here on all these news articles and google search results that the ride is well received and people are having to arrive well before the park opens to get on it. I think I'm going to arrive close to park opening and just see if its different today...."

Tom Morrow

Actually, they have closed the line down for capacity quite a bit for FOP. It even happened when I was at AK this August. The lines were crazy for FOP when I was there as well. I imagine with ROTR open now that lines will decrease at FOP.
I've never heard of this happening for the day, where the line is closed off before the park closing time and does not re-open, barring technical difficulty issues. I could be wrong, but I could see this happening if the extended queue fills up or something. I've never been to DAK where FoP wasn't open until the very last minute of park operation.

Tom Morrow

I'm sorry but there has to be some personal accountability. I have a hard time believing that people who aren't specifically going to ride this ride are going to have that hard of time with it. And people who ARE going specifically to ride this ride can wake up a half hour earlier based on how the crowd has gone the past few days.

"oh, it says here on all these news articles and google search results that the ride is well received and people are having to arrive well before the park opens to get on it. I think I'm going to arrive close to park opening and just see if its different today...."
I don't agree, it's not unreasonable to take Disney's word that the park opens at 8:00 and therefore arriving at 7:15 should be enough time. The average guest doesn't follow the theme park social media sphere and they shouldn't have to to not get screwed over.

Crunchie9

I don't agree, it's not unreasonable to take Disney's word that the park opens at 8:00 and therefore arriving at 7:15 should be enough time. The average guest doesn't follow the theme park social media sphere and they shouldn't have to to not get screwed over.

that’s why we get the perks because we did our due diligence.

Last edited:

Tonto

They should put up signs on the highways too. “All Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups claimed. Slinky Dog 145-minute wait. Nothing else worthwhile. It’s a Small World open at Magic Kingdom”
I've never heard of this happening for the day, where the line is closed off before the park closing time and does not re-open, barring technical difficulty issues. I could be wrong, but I could see this happening if the extended queue fills up or something. I've never been to DAK where FoP wasn't open until the very last minute of park operation.
I was just referencing that they do close the line down for capacity. Not sure for the whole day though. I haven't heard of that either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom