News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Darth Snips

Darth Cheapek indeed said, “Rise must open 12/5. No delay.”
Commander D'amaro: "We shall double our efforts!"
Darth Chapek:
1576022515755.png

*Imperial March plays*

VaderTron

You're talking about a few hundred yards.. and where do those people go? They don't go home... they circle the airport loop causing even more traffic and congestion. There is a reason airports CHANGED people...

And where does that car now go? They aren't going home.. so they loiter somewhere else.. while trying to make sure they can get back to the front as soon as the gates open. So now... you have even MORE people on property, all fighting to be in the same spot at the same time... how is that better than handling people in a controlled fashion at ONE spot?

It's called experience.. something many chose to ignore I guess?
On dear! I never thought of that... these poor people will have no where to go! 😭 There is no place anywhere within 10 miles designed to hold cars!

🙄

They go back to the hotel, to any of the hundreds of parking lots (hello Disney Springs), resorts, gas stations, restaurants (time for a McCafé?) in the area and wait till the scheduled opening time. There are plenty of options. Just because people don't like the options doesn't mean they don't exist. Besides, why should we care where they go? It's their fault for not knowing they couldn't arrive that early right? I mean if you are going to be consistent you have been saying people who arrive at opening and don't get a boarding group have themselves to blame for not knowing when to arrive.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
On dear! I never thought of that... these poor people will have no where to go! 😭 There is no place anywhere within 10 miles designed to hold cars!

🙄

They go back to the hotel, to any of the hundreds of parking lots (hello Disney Springs), resorts, gas stations, restaurants (time for a McCafé?) in the area and wait till the scheduled opening time. There are plenty of options. Just because people don't like the options doesn't mean they don't exist. Besides, why should we care where they go? It's their fault for not knowing they couldn't arrive that early right? I mean if you are going to be consistent you have been saying people who arrive at opening and don't get a boarding group have themselves to blame for not knowing when to arrive.
People are acting like crowd and traffic control is some new phenomena and is impossible. Contrary to popular belief, turning cars away will not turn into a disaster. It happens every summer with every large-scale music festival. Cars and people who arrive early get turned away and all is fine.

VaderTron

You do know people will lineup on the walkway from Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin? So you have your empty parking lot until 6:30 am. You will still have a line of 10000 people waiting to get in just outside the gates to DHS. You also need at least 6 rent a cops since their are three ramps that flow into the Toll Plaza booth. Then anyone trying to get into parking at 7:00 AM will be backup up a few miles since you didn't let any cars in ahead of time.

They have the room to accept the rush of vehicles. The issue is Disney doesn't want to pay to properly staff for that scenario.

If people want to stand around for hours by Boardwalk that's their business. Disney just doesn't want to deal with people peeing in cups because they don't want to leave a line and other idiotic things people do in those situations. I get it. But to say they have no options is wrong. They just would rather take the course of least resistance which also happens to conveniently be the course of greatest profits.

ToTBellHop

People are acting like crowd and traffic control is some new phenomena and is impossible. Contrary to popular belief, turning cars away will not turn into a disaster. It happens every summer with every large-scale music festival. Cars and people who arrive early get turned away and all is fine.
False. They tried sending guests away Sunday. The result?

1576023270053.gif

We will miss the Cinderella bus.

disneygeek90

Boarding group 75 now. I wonder how many stuck around this late with how slow groups were boarding all afternoon. Regardless, they may be able to salvage the day with a good last 2 hours

Piebald

So when should I arrive on Saturday? 6a? 7a? I dont necessarily need to ride first thing but I dont want to have a group where I'm waiting until like 3,4,5pm either.

Happy to report we finally made it through successfully! And they definitely had a good hour where they were only backfilling with called groups and people with paper fast passes.

It certainly added an element of suspense, praying the ride wouldn’t break down. Still totally worth it, just an amazing experience! Hopefully they can work our the issues sooner rather than later so more people can experience it.

disneygeek90

So when should I arrive on Saturday? 6a? 7a? I dont necessarily need to ride first thing but I dont want to have a group where I'm waiting until like 3,4,5pm either.
6am is safe, imo. That’s when I’ll be there. There’s probably a slight uptick on a weekend compared to the weekdays. The earlier the better to cushion any extended downtime.

butterxcup

6am is safe, imo. That’s when I’ll be there. There’s probably a slight uptick on a weekend compared to the weekdays. The earlier the better to cushion any extended downtime.
I would agree with this. I tried last Saturday and it was noticeably busier than the weekdays but 6am was a decent time to get there for a group. I ended up with boarding group 50 and after only 1 breakdown in the morning I was on by 1:45ish. My best advice though would be to stand on the right side of the entrance gates. I was on the left side and I probably could have gotten 10 groups earlier with how slow our side was moving compared to the right.

disneygeek90

I would agree with this. I tried last Saturday and it was noticeably busier than the weekdays but 6am was a decent time to get there for a group. I ended up with boarding group 50 and after only 1 breakdown in the morning I was on by 1:45ish. My best advice though would be to stand on the right side of the entrance gates. I was on the left side and I probably could have gotten 10 groups earlier with how slow our side was moving compared to the right.
We went far right. It was good except don’t go alllll the way right. The last two scanners were for some reason a single scan instead of the 2 per leg.

I parked at 5:50 Saturday, in line at 6, park opened at 6:35, scanned in at 6:45 and had group 28.

Last edited:

bubbles1812

We were there at 5 am and were group 8 and met a group that arrived at 6 and got group 38, or so they told us. Though this day has def been screwy with how many times it was down. If that helps put it into context for you.

EDIT: My mother corrects me and says they were group 48. It’s been a long day. We saw them on our second ride attempt, which was around 1230.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

🙄

They go back to the hotel, to any of the hundreds of parking lots (hello Disney Springs), resorts, gas stations, restaurants (time for a McCafé?) in the area and wait till the scheduled opening time

But that's exactly what you don't want... to displace all these cars into overflowing the surrounding areas not designed to hold that volume of cars. And those people who were there trying to be early aren't going to go far away when they know they want to get back as fast as they can. They are going to loiter, drive around creating more congestion, overflow places like the gas station, etc. That is the exact scenario operators are trying to AVOID.

There are plenty of options. Just because people don't like the options doesn't mean they don't exist. Besides, why should we care where they go?

That right there shows you have no real comprehension of operations.. nevermind that DHS is not an island, but infact inland of an empire Disney and RCID manage. Of course they care what happens outside the gates.

And note, it wasn't said they CAN'T do this.. it's been explained why they DON'T do it. Big difference. Nothing stopping you from cutting your own hand off.. but we can explain why people AVOID doing that.

People are acting like crowd and traffic control is some new phenomena and is impossible

Not impossible - just explained why an organization choses one way instead of another.

But this place continues to prove the adage.. you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. People wanted to know why Disney does something and it's explained. Yet some people want to close their ears and just keep beating their head against the wall 'why why why'. It's been explained why, if you all won't accept why Disney and many other operations behave this way.. clearly nothing is going to open your mind at this point. Enjoy the bewilderment... I'm done trying to help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom