Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Was able to get on but got evacuated. Very cool experience, very cool effects, etc.

I need a full ride to better judge it but first impressions don’t really put so far above everything else. Probably neck and neck with something like Forbidden Journey which is still great praise from me. That shuttle though... 😍

Oh, and one more thing.
Should've been Vader ;)

ifuhadreams

Am i the only one not overly impressed by Flight of Passage? It's a very well done simulator, but simulators just don't thrill me and I personally find the land of Pandora much more attractive.

In my mind It's a cute little ride where after you can buy a pet Banshee. It's a great attraction, it just shouldn't be the most popular at AK or any Disney Park.
No you are not the only one. I feel the exact same way. Although it is a well done simulator, it is still just that. I honestly don’t get the hype at all.

The preshows are boring and I feel like I’m being lectured to. Every time I ride it I find myself craving more. I don’t dare turn my head because as soon as I see the rows of chairs the illusion is ruined and I remember I’m on a mechanical rig moving up and down.

What disturbs me the most Is how positive guest response is which tells management that all they need to do is build more of these theaters and slap different content on the screen and everybody will be thrilled.

What disturbs me the most is how positive guest response is to FOP, which tells management that all they need to do is build more of these theaters and slap different content on the screen and everybody will be thrilled. I hope that Rise of the Resistance will show management that guests want a more complete experience and that the time and expenditure to bring more attractions of that caliber is well worth the effort.

Kman101

I showed up at 9 on Thursday , missed out, 0800 yesterday so I got tired of playing so showed up early , this is getting tiring playing this game with Disney

Exactly. I feel for you. I showed up yesterday and didn't luck out either so I feel you. I couldn't today and honestly didn't even want to try. Unlike most guests trying, I can go "anytime" and I'm not on a once a year (or for some it's a once in a lifetime) vacation. It sucks when they toy with guests like this. And like I said, today guests lined up at 4/5 (like you did, as you should have after yesterday) to get in at 6 and they open at 6:40 (when posted time is 9, but probably really 8). It's why some of us were up in arms yesterday. It's getting ridiculous.

Franklin47disneyguy

Was able to get on but got evacuated. Very cool experience, very cool effects, etc.

I need a full ride to better judge it but first impressions don’t really put so far above everything else. Probably neck and neck with something like Forbidden Journey which is still great praise from me. That shuttle though... 😍

Oh, and one more thing.
Should've been Vader ;)

Whats the hype about FJ, rode 5 times in USH and it was fun. Sure the ride system is innovative but it's not the 360 experience RotR is suppose to be. Compared to Cars (DCA), Indiana Jones adventure it doesn't hold up for me. Hogsmeade itself is okayish to me personally, being someone who is a huge HP fan. Judging GE from youtube you are really separated from the rest of the park, while in Hogsmeade you see the showbuilding very well.

Mike S

Whats the hype about FJ, rode 5 times in USH and it was fun. Sure the ride system is innovative but it's not the 360 experience RotR is suppose to be. Compared to Cars (DCA), Indiana Jones adventure it doesn't hold up for me. Hogsmeade itself is okayish to me personally, being someone who is a huge HP fan. Judging GE from youtube you are really separated from the rest of the park, while in Hogsmeade you see the showbuilding very well.
The hype is because it’s a really great ride. Rode it the day it opened almost 10 years ago now and was blown away.

Kman101

Same. I don't really get the Forbidden Journey hype. This looks leagues above it in every way. Sure the kuka arm may be fun but eh. I think both experiences however are very fitting for the IP.

Kman101

Am i the only one not overly impressed by Flight of Passage? It's a very well done simulator, but simulators just don't thrill me and I personally find the land of Pandora much more attractive.

In my mind It's a cute little ride where after you can buy a pet Banshee. It's a great attraction, it just shouldn't be the most popular at AK or any Disney Park.

I like it more than Forbidden Journey. We all like what we like I suppose 🤷‍♂️

For me it's not about the vehicle used or it being a simulator. It's the actual experience. I think it's great. Maybe overhyped? Sure. But some of ya'll were never going to be impressed by a theater screen and I get it.

Mike S

Back in line for ride attempt #2. They do let you use the electronic fast pass you get for being evacuated to get back in but it’s through the standby line. We still have the paper fast pass too so ride #3 will be soon enough ;)

Mike S

Back in line for ride attempt #2. They do let you use the electronic fast pass you get for being evacuated to get back in but it’s through the standby line. We still have the paper fast pass too so ride #3 will be soon enough ;)
Something must've happened. Been stuck in the same spot for a good amount of time. People next to me saying it’s a disaster. Clearly they don’t realize this is normal for big new rides.

Edit: Yup, it broke down. Free water and another fast pass though so yay. Also they scanned me twice so I think I actually got 2 so 3 in total including the paper one from earlier lol.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom