News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

Disone

The general guest response to MWC has been VERY positive. When the weather has cooperated.
I loved it. Was never a huge fan of the perimeter shows. I always found them to be better from the Polynesian or the Contemporary or the grand then they are for the actual intended audience that will always have part of the show behind them.

gerarar

Premium Member
It’s not a horrible show but it sure isn’t as good as Holiday Wishes. And I hate they cut all the perimeter fireworks that Holiday Wished had.
Would have rather had a show based off WoCs Winter Dreams! CoughHarmoniuscough lol. That would be true IP fest ideed... but changed up to fit how “the world” is celebrating the holidays... it could work.
I'm pretty sure the "cut" of the full perimeter fireworks has been due to construction around the MK from what others said around here. The current 90/180 setup currently is still pretty impressive imo!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The general guest response to MWC has been VERY positive. When the weather has cooperated.
I loved it
Disney truly can’t win. All I’ve heard is how there’s too much projection and too much IP in all the other shows. So this one is entirely IP free with only supplemental projections and still people complain.
I thought it was great. Lots of pyro synchronized to the music, old school powerful fireworks was a nice change.

IanDLBZF

yeah... found that out the hard way last night :-(

Question for anyone about MK hours: if there is a party and the park closes at 6pm, can guests without party tix stick around for the 6:15 castle lighting?
From what I am aware, yes. After that if you don’t have a party ticket you’ll be asked to leave, because they will check wristbands.

Dad 2 M & M

yeah... found that out the hard way last night :-(

Question for anyone about MK hours: if there is a party and the park closes at 6pm, can guests without party tix stick around for the 6:15 castle lighting?
There a differing views on this topic. One unofficial site says at 6:00 P.m. ride ques shut down and cannot be accessed unless you have the band, but allows you to hand around Castle and Main Street until 7:00 before being asked to leave the Park. Find a Cast Member near the Castle, and ask whether or not it you have to leave.
From what I am aware, yes. After that if you don’t have a party ticket you’ll be asked to leave, because they will check wristbands.
Depends on how militant the Cast Members are (or are instructed to be). You won't be able to enter a ride que without a band, but linger around Castle common area, and Main Street shops without being checked. Bummer how many people attempt to stay for the duration of the Party

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And what about that Paul McCartney Christmas song? Did he write that when he was in that band before he was in Wings?

Kman101

I loved it
Disney truly can’t win. All I’ve heard is how there’s too much projection and too much IP in all the other shows. So this one is entirely IP free with only supplemental projections and still people complain.
I thought it was great. Lots of pyro synchronized to the music, old school powerful fireworks was a nice change.

LOL exactly this!

I LOVED the MWC fireworks!

And I agree with the poster who said perimiter fireworks are better when you're watching up higher. I don't get too technical like some with the fireworks, so I enjoyed the show a lot. MUCH better than the new Halloween fireworks (as much as I love the Jack Skellington puppet)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom