News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

Disstevefan1

We attended on Nov. 11.

This party was not sold out but was still mobbed. I cant imagine what the crowds looks like when a party is sold out!

The attractions were NOT walk ons.

The cookies were good, looks like they are out sourcing them instead of making them on site. Long lines to get cookies.

I could not get a good spot for the fireworks they were just ok

The weather was great!

The "snoap" (fake snow) was excellent! I think they doubled the number of snoap machines, the effect is beautiful.

tirian

Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade 2019

Every time the DL entertainment department complains that WDW doesn’t know how to maintain floats, I point to the Christmas parade to prove they’re wrong. The gazebo and castle date back to the 15th anniversary, and the Toy Story float was a Chip-n-Dale Rescue Rangers addition around 1989. (EDIT: It’s older than that! There’s a 1987 vid with the Gummi Bears.) As much as we like to poke fun at the castle float, these still look good.

But four units for Frozen? (I include the skiers.) Two for Wreck-It Ralph? Did I miss the families of snowmen and women? I don’t understand why certain things have been cut while others have been stretched out, because it doesn’t look like they’ve reduced the numbers of performers. The massive steamboat is missed, too; I wish they’d rebuilt it.

Last edited:

brb1006

Every time the DL entertainment department complains that WDW doesn’t know how to maintain floats, I point to the Christmas parade to prove they’re wrong. The gazebo and castle date back to the 15th anniversary, and the Toy Story float was a Chip-n-Dale Rescue Rangers addition around 1989. As much as we like to poke fun at the castle float, these still look good.

But four units for Frozen? (I include the skiers.) Two for Wreck-It Ralph? Did I miss the families of snowmen and women? I don’t understand why certain things have been cut while others have been stretched out, because it doesn’t look like they’ve reduced the numbers of performers. The massive steamboat is missed, too; I wish they’d rebuilt it.
Is there any photos of the Toy Story float when it was originally for the Rescue Rangers?

tirian

Is there any photos of the Toy Story float when it was originally for the Rescue Rangers?
I have a family photo that includes me and my sibling, which means I won’t post it here.

But the float is older than that! Here’s a video of the 1987 Christmas Day parade, featuring the Gummi Bears on that float.

@Animaniac93-98 The steamboat is here too!

Also, cheesy 1980s aesthetic and musical numbers aside, the televised parade certainly used to be longer, more elaborate, and more exciting as a live televised event. It was still a commercial for WDW, but it was also less cynical. (Skip ahead a few minutes to see the parade.)

Last edited:

Kman101

Anyone think MK will ever bring back the garland across Main Street? I know some reasons why they got rid of it, mostly castle views... 🙄 but maybe they could modify it somehow?

At least Hollywood (studios) still has garland lol but I agree. Would love to see it back. Castle views, parade floats too high ... several different "reasons" I guess.

TTA94

At least Hollywood (studios) still has garland lol but I agree. Would love to see it back. Castle views, parade floats too high ... several different "reasons" I guess.

Well, they Could modify FoF during the holidays I’m sure. Will they? Doubtful lol

mm52200

Well, they Could modify FoF during the holidays I’m sure. Will they? Doubtful lol
The floats are what they are for FoF, they’ve modifications to floats for Spectro and DEP for the garland in the past. So if they could have for FoF they would have, the wreaths are the compromise they reached, could have done nothing at all.

JustInTime

The floats are what they are for FoF, they’ve modifications to floats for Spectro and DEP for the garland in the past. So if they could have for FoF they would have, the wreaths are the compromise they reached, could have done nothing at all.
Honestly they might as well have done nothing. The wreaths aren’t great. Hardly visible. Big ole meh.

jrhwdw

Minnie‘s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks confirmed for 10 pm nightly starting 12/23. But you guys already knew that would happen. 6 am and 7 am openings, too. Still no extensions for DHS until they see if RotR can handle it.
I'm starting to wonder now that Party Fireworks are now 90 instead of 180, Maybe they can swing Minnie without cutting the perimeters Christmas Week?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom