The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can someone explain to me how the heck UPS works? I ordered an item that shipped from Syracuse (upstate NY). I live in PA, just one state south. The package went to Harrisburg, about an hour from where I live, down to North Carolina, about 5 hours to the state line! Now it is back in PA. How? Also ordered some dresses for my girls. They shipped from Pittsburgh which is in western PA all the way to Bridgeport NJ. It totally skipped where I live. I am banging my head at this logistics failure. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hee, hee ... they call that progress, I believe. Had a funny deja vu, not with UPS, but with the post office. I wish I had saved the story (this happened many years ago). It was at a time when Maine (and other states) had to comply with some new rules about central distribution areas for all mail. Up to that point, everything was handled locally, from start to finish, and it worked quite well--particularly in rural areas.

I don't have specifics on the new rules, but basically, all mail had to first be driven down to (I think) it was Portland, in the southern part of the state. That, in itself, was delaying delivery by a day, by adding an extra step that was not used before. (Also, keep in mind that Maine is a very large state.)

So a few of the post office mail carriers got together, and delivered the mail (they only got away with this once) the "old" way, to prove to the post office that their method was more expeditious. They used post office trucks, small boats with outboard motors going down lakes and rivers, and one or two guys rode horseback (like the Pony Express)! In all instances above, their delivery time was faster than the "new" efficient system! :hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hee, hee ... they call that progress, I believe. Had a funny deja vu, not with UPS, but with the post office. I wish I had saved the story (this happened many years ago). It was at a time when Maine (and other states) had to comply with some new rules about central distribution areas for all mail. Up to that point, everything was handled locally, from start to finish, and it worked quite well--particularly in rural areas.

I don't have specifics on the new rules, but basically, all mail had to first be driven down to (I think) it was Portland, in the southern part of the state. That, in itself, was delaying delivery by a day, by adding an extra step that was not used before. (Also, keep in mind that Maine is a very large state.)

So a few of the post office mail carriers got together, and delivered the mail (they only got away with this once) the "old" way, to prove to the post office that their method was more expeditious. They used post office trucks, small boats with outboard motors going down lakes and rivers, and one or two guys rode horseback (like the Pony Express)! In all instances above, their delivery time was faster than the "new" efficient system! :hilarious:
Postal service started sending all our mail out of town then it comes back to our city. This started a couple of years ago. What used to take one day to get somewhere now takes three. Progress.🙄

Goofyernmost

Not really as not knowing when we will get back I'm kinda not super excited for sw land 😳
I didn't get to ride the new one because it wasn't open in September, but I did ride the Smuggler one and it was fun. The video I saw of the new one looks awesome, but even without it, the land itself is a sight to behold. I would take a whole day just to soak in all the detail in the place. People tend to forget that it really isn't just the rides that have made Disney the place to be, it is the ride and the theme that has done that. SWL has that in buckets and I am not now nor have ever been a SW fan. Sorry SWG!

I'm to old to play the fantasy immersion game, but I can appreciate the effort and the detail when I see it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not really as not knowing when we will get back I'm kinda not super excited for sw land 😳
I have never been a SW geek. Don’t see the films so I’m not even going attempt. Road a gondola with a woman who yester day almost made it on when the cut off the slots. They allowed them in again this morning with a free park hopper

C4B1BEE0-68BE-4E7F-A9DD-651E7E54352B.jpeg4110DF69-9972-4E89-B860-9313E284B74E.jpeg

And the slots filled at 810 am today

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh my have any of my SW buddies ( @Mr Ferret 88 , @StarWarsGirl , @ajrwdwgirl etc)watched the spoiler of the new ride Rise of the Resistance?? Awesome!!! I can’t wait to go on it!!

I’m not going to watch any spoiler videos or read any spoilers. I want to be surprised in March. I will look at a picture or two because that won’t tell the whole story or experience.

FutureCEO

I’m not going to watch any spoiler videos or read any spoilers. I want to be surprised in March. I will look at a picture or two because that won’t tell the whole story or experience.

I have watched...just the newspaper previews though. Which doesn't give much.

Though, I just want a ride. Like Splash Mountain or Haunted Mansion and not a ride where you are part of the action.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom