The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Can someone explain to me how the heck UPS works? I ordered an item that shipped from Syracuse (upstate NY). I live in PA, just one state south. The package went to Harrisburg, about an hour from where I live, down to North Carolina, about 5 hours to the state line! Now it is back in PA. How? Also ordered some dresses for my girls. They shipped from Pittsburgh which is in western PA all the way to Bridgeport NJ. It totally skipped where I live. I am banging my head at this logistics failure. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Sorry to say there is never a direct route. My pkgs usually come from Memphis TN and go clear over to my DD in Greensboro NC before heading back to the mtns. It’s crazy!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We have a big hoo ha today by where i work when some obese fellow in a red suit turns on the Christmas lights that have been on for over a week 😉
I loves a big hoo ha!! :hilarious:

I laughed a LOT at this...... just FYI, hoo ha is a slang term that many people (especially children) use when they're uncomfortable with the proper vernacular of female genitalia :hilarious: :hilarious:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So I read an article today that since Disney+ came out, people have been going over their internet data with comcast because they are binge watching Star Wars... etc. I also read comcast gives you 1 TERRABYTE of data a month. To put it into prospective, we watch approximately 7 ish hours a day of TV at this house (because husband is home and disabled) and then we have computers, and phones attached to the wifi, and the HIGHEST amount of data we have used in the last 6 months is 390gigs. If you only used your intenet for streaming tv, comcast said it would take 600 hours of watching to go over a Terrabyte. (and they give you 2 months of warnings before they actually start charging you pass the 1T) My goodness people. Stop watching TV and go outside, or play a game, or turn on the radio (the real radio, not streaming) or stop using your TV as a babysitter. OK /rant off I just thought it was crazy.
564 GB for my family for November. Just checked.

A lot of people might be pirating off other accounts too. Not sure how that factors into usage. But at least a dozen times when we've said we aren't getting Disney Plus the person I was talking to said they'd be happy to give me their account info. Maybe that somehow gets back to their bill?

Rista1313

A lot of people might be pirating off other accounts too. Not sure how that factors into usage. But at least a dozen times when we've said we aren't getting Disney Plus the person I was talking to said they'd be happy to give me their account info. Maybe that somehow gets back to their bill?

This wouldn't play any effect on the internet usage of the individual household, unless the person using the Sign in was on the same internet connection. What could play into effect is if they don't have their wifi locked with a password, and the neighbors are using it to do their streaming too. Comcast has a video that tells you how much you would have to stream, surf the internet, etc, in order to ever reach that 1 terrabyte amount.... one example was 600 hours of streaming... if you divided that by 30 days in the month, that would mean you are streaming the TV 20 hours a day.

Maybe they have 20 people living in the house?

I dunno..it boggled my mind!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This wouldn't play any effect on the internet usage of the individual household, unless the person using the Sign in was on the same internet connection. What could play into effect is if they don't have their wifi locked with a password, and the neighbors are using it to do their streaming too. Comcast has a video that tells you how much you would have to stream, surf the internet, etc, in order to ever reach that 1 terrabyte amount.... one example was 600 hours of streaming... if you divided that by 30 days in the month, that would mean you are streaming the TV 20 hours a day.

Maybe they have 20 people living in the house?

I dunno..it boggled my mind!

Well... if they have two adults and two teenagers with 4 separate devices, that's only 5 hours of streaming per day each. Which is well above my usage now, but as teenagers my sister and I both played to Sims on two different devices from around 8 pm ish until around 2 am when we had to drag ourselves to sleep for school the next day, and my brother sometimes pulled all nighters on whatever he was playing. So from that perspective, definitely possible?

They still need to go outside and play

Rista1313

Well... if they have two adults and two teenagers with 4 separate devices, that's only 5 hours of streaming per day each. Which is well above my usage now, but as teenagers my sister and I both played to Sims on two different devices from around 8 pm ish until around 2 am when we had to drag ourselves to sleep for school the next day, and my brother sometimes pulled all nighters on whatever he was playing. So from that perspective, definitely possible?

hmmmm I think that's what I said! LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member

We're going through quite a bit right now because James streams classes and seminars, I stream some of my workouts, it's too slippery to go out and play and we stream TV. It's all Disney+'s fault;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm loving it doesn't take me forever to do anything the new computer. The old one kept conking out. I still have to log in some info that I need at my fingertips but the tree is almost decorated. :joyfull: The boys won't let me hang certain ornaments because they need to be in a certain place of honor:cautious: BTW Today's question How many snow globes does one need on ones mantle?:cautious:

donaldtoo

I'm loving it doesn't take me forever to do anything the new computer. The old one kept conking out. I still have to log in some info that I need at my fingertips but the tree is almost decorated. :joyfull: The boys won't let me hang certain ornaments because they need to be in a certain place of honor:cautious: BTW Today's question How many snow globes does one need on ones mantle?:cautious:

Shouldn’t you have ones like this instead...?!!!!!:hilarious:;)

09631B27-444D-4035-9AD3-E03D8FCEB22A.jpeg

Cesar R M

Can someone explain to me how the heck UPS works? I ordered an item that shipped from Syracuse (upstate NY). I live in PA, just one state south. The package went to Harrisburg, about an hour from where I live, down to North Carolina, about 5 hours to the state line! Now it is back in PA. How? Also ordered some dresses for my girls. They shipped from Pittsburgh which is in western PA all the way to Bridgeport NJ. It totally skipped where I live. I am banging my head at this logistics failure. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Cheapest and most busy route first.
So,they pack all as many of the products as they can in the same route then send it to your home in any of the scheduled trips.
So if you have 4 cities around you, and only 1 has scheduled trip to your home, the package will bounce until it can go to that specific city then go to you.

MySmallWorldof4

Package delivery works the same way as airlines with hubs but many, many, many more of them. For instance a package comes into Newark heading to the city it will go to JFK first and vice versa. Something tells me they screwed up. Does your town have a name similar to one in eastern Pa? That would explain but not excuse the Bridgeport NJ thing. The NC sounds like somebody put your package in the wrong sorting container. Hope that helps
One got delivered today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom